Thoughts on Rimworld?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by modi123, Oct 11, 2018 at 3:09 PM.

1. modi123

modi123 [H]ardness Supreme

Has anyone picked it up? Is it worth the value? It looks like a variation of Prison Architect, but folk keep saying it is more Dwarf Fortress but pretty. Seems two years of activity is positive and helps even though this is in 'beta'.

2. Wildace

Wildace [H]ardness Supreme

its great, and lots of mod support.

i mean you can turn it into a starship troopers game lol

or star wars RPG with jedi skill progression and lightsabers

3. drklu

drklu 2[H]4U

It's a awesome game that you can wrap hundreds of hours in. Totally worth $30. I picked it up before it was on steam for cheap but I would buy it at that price if I didn't have it already.

4. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Usually Reviews are not that positive for a Steam game.

5. modi123

modi123 [H]ardness Supreme

Aight.. I'll add it for my fall sale buy list.

I do not understand what this means.

6. kledar586

kledar586 [H]ard|Gawd

Was recommended to me but I don't usually go for early access games

7. AlphaAtlas

AlphaAtlas Limp Gawd Staff Member

It has a 97% positive Steam review score, which is pretty remarkable. Not that the review score is everything, but it's not a bad indicator either.

Another thing... The game has never gone on sale (unless you count a $40 Humble Bundle it was in once, IIRC). The price is reportedly going up after it leaves early access. I don't know what the dev's plans are, but I wouldn't get any hopes up for a sale in the fall.

If you're afraid about it being half baked/in development, Rimworld is leaving early access in less than a week, on October 17. The full 1.0 version is in a public beta branch anyone can download, the dev is just waiting to make sure earth shattering bugs don't pop up before the official release. That being said, it's not your typical EA pre-alpha either, and felt more polished a year ago than most full games in my Steam library (IMO).

modi123 likes this.
Tags: