Thoughts on EA Origin 1 Year In (WARNING: Long)

If possible, I'd love to know how. I have searched for it and most the posts I find are from a year ago but as of then, they didn't offer this option.

Your link as do most of the ones I have found to Origin that even touch this topic all lead to Origin's front page. I have tried it signed it and not and the same thing.

I think because I used a non US version of origin! :D

Here's the copy/paste:

Placing a gift order:

1.Visit the Origin Store
2.Browse for the game or games you wish to gift.
3.Add the games you wish to gift to your Shopping Cart.
4.Click on your Shopping Cart to begin the checkout process.
5.Before you submit your order, make sure you check the 'This order is a gift' checkbox. This will start the gifting process.
All_store_gifting001_EN.jpg

6.You will need to provide the gift recipient's name and e-mail address.

So it seems it's like steam and you can't combine gifts and self purchases in the same order. Pretty sure this was how I gifted it to a friend. Though i'm guessing theres something slightly more complicated about it (the option might be hidden or something). :D .

Thanks. I will try that. During their 60% off sale, I wanted to buy a game as a gift and I actually went through the checkout process until it seemed I got to a page after I entered my CC# and didn't want to press submit since I would have probably purchased it for myself (or so I thought). No option to buy it as a gift. If that wasn't the last page, then Origin has the shittiest checkout process ever.

But for you haters, Origin still rocks except for the checkout.

Back