Thought I'd leave some feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stop!theradio

2[H]4U
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1470090

RadioDude said:
hi guys: I was just wondering if you would consider reducing the number of sub forums. The amount right now is very overwhelming in my opinion and many cases I don't know which one is suitable for what I want to post in and waste a lot of time opening all the different subforums in different windows. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Kyle Bennett said:
Yeah, I will delete 10 or so tonight. Would that fit your n00b needs there Buckwheat?

And for what it is worth, if you can't figure out which forum to post in, you probably should not be posting at all.

RadioDude said:
seeing that you've been member for 12.5 years, most likely you're my elder. For that, I respect your response. I should clarify that I do know which forum to post for each of my particular needs but you have to admit it makes random forum surfing kind of time consuming. Thanks again for your time, please close this thread as you see fit.

RadioDude said:
Just like evilalchemist said:

Gadgets subforum can include phones
Video cards/physics/display can go in a graphics section
Cpus can go together (AMD, intel, all non-AMD/Intel CPUs)
what's the point of general hardware? (when you already have a sub forum for pretty much everything)

and there are just so much you can consolidate.

edit: MrGuvernment: I agree with everything you said, your suggestion of going down a path of forums would also help. but putting everything on the same page just seems like a lot to look through

In the end, I agree that the graphic section is perfect example of what I wanted to suggest

Kyle Bennett said:
All you suggestions have been duly noted and declined by the board of directors.

I highly suggest you go check out our other forums located here.

RadioDude said:
I gotta say, as an editor in chief of such a large site, I expected a more civil discussion with you without throwing out insults in every post we make. This conversation is obviously going one way, Please close this thread.

Kyle Bennett said:
Well you do realize that you came into our house, and simply asked for us to delete forums because you were confused. You never asked for any help on where to post, which should have been your question. I think you need to look in the mirror next time bro, because what you were asking for, well, was just fucking stoopid.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really don't see how RadioDude's simple question/suggestion called for such rudeness. He wasn't being all bitchy or actually complaining about anything - he made a simple suggestion, gave all kinds of respect and had a legit question. His question could have been answered with a simple "Well, after being operational for over 10 years, the forum has evolved to what it is now from years of user input, so we're not gonna make any drastic changes any time soon." But it wasn't. He obviously didn't quite understand that the forums evolved over the years into what most of us agree is the most efficient form it's ever been in, which is fine - but some of you treated his suggestion as if he were storming into the forum all pissed off and demanding changes to be made. That just wasn't the case; he was respectful, non-bitchy and not hostile in any way.

I understand that the members here are the lowest on the food chain, and that we don't make the decisions around here, but I also know a thing or two about how it all really works. Quite simply - while you wouldn't hesitate to ban anyone - scaring users away as a result of unwarranted hostility is the worst thing you can do. Without loyal users, you have nothing, plain and simple. It would be a shame to see some noob on the forum read kyle's posts in the thread I linked to, just to have them think that since the editor in chief acted rude that they can too...and then see them get banned for trolling an honest thread.

Anyways, thought I'd leave feedback.

There are plenty of different forums to suit individual tastes.

I took awhile between different forums, before I finally settled for [H]'s layout, design, and culture (people).

It's just takes some minor amount of time to find one.

Also, most people were rather civil in that thread, up until the last few posts before that thread got binned.

I understand both sides. The OP in that thread felt overwelmed buy the vastness of the forums, whereas KB saw this as a newbie asking for him to "adjust" the forums to fit him.

Honestly it would probably been heard differently if he had be there three or so years and could point out specific examples of what to change.

The site is very iniuitive as far as navigation goes with the subforums...if you can't figure it out, then you've not put enough effort into it. This forum has been a daily read for me in the past year, and its lay out is far superior to many other forums, which is why I prefer it, not to mention the more adult/grown up attitude. If somehow you've taken real offense to the response, then maybe its not the right forum for you/that user. Dont forget your @ [H]...

Anyways, maybe its best to not poke the bear...

I've actually been with [H] since around '04, so I understand how the place works and how it's evolved for the better ;)

And yes - I fully agree with Kyle and everyone else that the forum is fine how it is. I think the layout is perfect, and I disagree with the the OP of that thread in that respect. My feedback wasn't about that, though - it was about the way in which the OP was treated. I'm not bitching and demanding an apology be made or anything - but I think it would do everyone good to not simply assume that this noob is storming in, crying and making demands, because he clearly wasn't. As I said, it was obvious that he didn't understand how this place has evolved, and he was respectfully voicing a suggestion. I mean, unless there's something I was totally missing and he has some sort of past history of being a cry baby, then I'm of the opinion that the way he was treated can only be bad for the forum if the behavior is copied, etc.

I'm not arguing anyones opinion and I love the way the forum is organized - I was just leaving feedback.

Read my sig.

Thats what Kyle is like, and its his site, he can do as he likes. Having said that, I agree with Kyle and others that the forums as they aren't confusing at all.

If someone came into your house for the first time and started off by telling you how much your decor sucked, I'm quite sure you wouldn't take it kindly. No difference here.

I understand both sides. The OP in that thread felt overwelmed buy the vastness of the forums, whereas KB saw this as a newbie asking for him to "adjust" the forums to fit him.

Honestly it would probably been heard differently if he had be there three or so years and could point out specific examples of what to change.

QFT

And to the OP, we are sorry to hurt your sensibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back