This new DInc that I got is wonkish when it's charging.

XacTactX

Supreme [H]ardness
Please use this thread to discuss malfunctioning chargers and other problems of this nature. Also point out deals on good chargers that don't have problems! :)

I just purchased a Droid Incredible here on FS/T. I used to have another DInc, and the old one didn't have this issue. When this DInc is plugged into a USB charger, the digitizer starts malfunctioning. It behaves as if it is receiving some kind of input, an input independent from my finger(s). If I'm scrolling through the main menu it suddenly scrolls in an erratic manner. In the web browser if I try to pinch-to-zoom, it doesn't allow me to because it is receiving some kind of "phantom" input and doesn't detect my second finger. This happens often, every few seconds in the main menu and almost all the time while in the Internet. To the point where I can't effectively use the phone if it's plugged into a charger.

So is this a defect? What should I do about it? Should I get a refund?

Last edited:
SOLUTION HAS BEEN FOUND

OK guys I already answered my own question. This glitch only pops up when the charger is an El Cheapo. I got a knockoff iPhone charger for $2.89 shipped on eBay it must be the power regulation circuitry or something.

When I plug the phone into:

LG Dare charger (5.1 V, 0.7 A)
iPad Charger (5 V, 2.1 A)
Gigabyte P55 UD2 front panel USB (5 V, 0.5 A)

The phone works perfectly fine with all of these chargers. This leads me to believe that the charger is the problem. I wonder where I can get iPhone chargers that have good power circuitry and don't cost an arm/leg (or another charger that's nice and small).

Thanks guys, and I hope someone benefits from this. :)

Last edited:
I had the same issue with cheap chargers and the Dinc previously... :(. Good info to put out there.

Back