This makes me cry.....

MrValentine

[H]ard|Gawd
My BigAdv log from last night

[19:13:56] Completed 236170 out of 250000 steps (94%)
[19:31:27] Completed 237500 out of 250000 steps (95%)
[19:32:09]
[19:32:09] Folding@home Core Shutdown: INTERRUPTED
[19:32:17] CoreStatus = FF (255)
[19:32:17] Sending work to server
[19:32:17] Project: 2683 (Run 0, Clone 6, Gen 49)
[19:32:17] - Error: Could not get length of results file work/wuresults_03.dat
[19:32:17] - Error: Could not read unit 03 file. Removing from queue.
[19:32:17] - Preparing to get new work unit...

That sucks. I've had one do that at 99% before. Talk about getting mad........

I had one die in the high 90s once also. It's brutal.

I dropped my OC down from 4ghz to 3.8 since then and haven't lost a bigadv since.

Very sorry to hear that. I've had it happen to me once, but I backed off my OC's and all is well now.

Are you using a custom VM or the eVGA or notfred's?

There is a backup script for the eVGA one and I believe there is one here for that as well.

I believe (haven't used it in a while) notfred's also has a backup utility.

The dip in my chart from 4 days ago is from a -bigadv crapping out at 87%

It happens.

Only one i've lost was in the single digits, lucky me I guess
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I've accidentally killed a few jobs. One of them involved me somehow putting my VM window on monitor 2. By the time I figured out what I did I oopsed it and the job was lost.

Here's a screenie from the eVGA admin webpage.

fahadmin.jpg

If I had only clicked on Backup Data...:(

Yup, been there a few times as well. Was also due to an unstable OC. I backed down another 100 MHz and all has been perfect since then (December). Also, I've had it happen from enabling/disabling SLI.. which was weird and made me want to murder something, hah.

Edit: Holy balls! What cpu setup you using to get an < 18 min time between frames?! Lol

Also, I've had it happen from enabling/disabling SLI.. which was weird and made me want to murder something, hah.
omg I forgot I had that same thing happen to me to.

Hell hath no fury.....

eVGA VM - Well I check the "automatic backup" box on the configuration page. But does that mean I no longer have to setup the backup script like the directions on the site say to?

T4rd - LOL I was wondering if anyone would catch that. Its my secret!!! If I told you how everyone would do it!!

T4rd - LOL I was wondering if anyone would catch that. Its my secret!!! If I told you how everyone would do it!!

Haha, you stingy mofo! :p I'm guessing secret = 980X @ 4.2 GHz though. There's only a few ways to do that and that's the simplest... albeit maybe not the cheapest, hah.

haha nope.

I had to restart my VM, so that frame was already mostly done when it started it back up. Sure looks good though.

eVGA VM - Well I check the "automatic backup" box on the configuration page. But does that mean I no longer have to setup the backup script like the directions on the site say to?

I would think it would not be necessary if you checked automatic based on what I was reading the threads about the script itself and how Linuxrouter set up the VM. The advantage to the script versus using automatic is that you are able to start the backup before firing up the folding client.

Nice bogus framerate!

Back