This just aint right

CBR

I Show Old Ladies My Dick Wrappers
By the time I wake up tomorrow two people will have passed me; Paul_Thurston and Xcalibur_[H]ardOCP.

Then by days end two more will have passed by me; losttime, and adamsjm.

/me waves.

Keep up the production. I might have a few tricks up my sleeves yet, though.;)

I know the feeling. I have a few coming up on me that I won't be able to do anything about as long as I keep within the rules. I have plenty of machines around that I have the ability to borg, just not the permission. So, I will just have to sit back and watch right now as they pass me by in the next couple of weeks or so.

Maybe I'll get lucky and win a CPU in the contest and be able to get my son's system up and running sooner than it's going to happen right now. It probably wouldn't be enough or soon enough to stop some of those from catching up. But it will allow me some breathing room from others that are coming up and pass a few people a bit sooner than it looks like it will happen now.

I'll be slowing down again in a couple days. My boss has been on vacation and i've been able to leave my b0rgs on longer than normal. When he comes back some will get turned off ... :(

Keep on b0rging

Haha, this is great. I turned in 2 WUs last night and NO ONE passed me yet.:D

SmokeRngs said:
I know the feeling. I have a few coming up on me that I won't be able to do anything about as long as I keep within the rules. I have plenty of machines around that I have the ability to borg, just not the permission. So, I will just have to sit back and watch right now as they pass me by in the next couple of weeks or so.

Maybe I'll get lucky and win a CPU in the contest and be able to get my son's system up and running sooner than it's going to happen right now. It probably wouldn't be enough or soon enough to stop some of those from catching up. But it will allow me some breathing room from others that are coming up and pass a few people a bit sooner than it looks like it will happen now.

Yeah, I go to school everyday and look at 80 or so brand new 3.06 P4s. I'm still working out my strategy to try and b0rg them.

What is your sons system still in need of?

CBR said:
Yeah, I go to school everyday and look at 80 or so brand new 3.06 P4s. I'm still working out my strategy to try and b0rg them.
I'll trade you. I have to be subjected to administer to a couple hundred PC's and only being allowed to fold on the two I have at my desk. Hopefully I'll get a training room with 17 2.2's once my boss gets his seti total to 100K units. :D

CBR said:
Haha, this is great. I turned in 2 WUs last night and NO ONE passed me yet.:D

What is your sons system still in need of?

At this point in time I need just about everything for the system. I would probably have just about everything by now since I'm buying all brand new but a couple of things have come up and I'm not going to have the money I did before. Making sure he has a roof over his head is a bit more important right now. I'm still going to be able to build him a system, but it won't be as good as I had wanted and it will take a little longer. It won't be too bad once his mother starts to finally help support him again after more than two years.

p[H]ant0m said:
I'll trade you. I have to be subjected to administer to a couple hundred PC's and only being allowed to fold on the two I have at my desk. Hopefully I'll get a training room with 17 2.2's once my boss gets his seti total to 100K units. :D

I might be able to make a roadtrip and "convince" your boss that folding is better. :eek:

SmokeRngs said:
At this point in time I need just about everything for the system. I would probably have just about everything by now since I'm buying all brand new but a couple of things have come up and I'm not going to have the money I did before. Making sure he has a roof over his head is a bit more important right now. I'm still going to be able to build him a system, but it won't be as good as I had wanted and it will take a little longer. It won't be too bad once his mother starts to finally help support him again after more than two years.

If you need it, I've got a 1.4 T-Bird and Zalman HSF he can use till you've got the money. Its not much, but atleast its something.

Wow, wasn't planning on seeing my username when I entered the thread. I have been reworking my boxen lately (went from screensaver to console and setup monitoring software on the network and -forceasm'd them). Expect my 24hr average to go up slightly.

Oh, btw, im adamsjm. Pleased to meet ya/pass ya. :)

- JustAGuy

What is it that forceasm does, exactly? I've seen the SSE being enabled w/out using -forceasm on the A64 3200+ that I'm running. Otherwise, I've got a bunch of celerons at work running. Would it help those at all?

Generally, for future use, when should I and shouldn't I use -forceasm??

I'm not far behind JustAGuy ... Maybe I can pass him up too ;)

-forceasm is for when the box goes down unexpectedly like with a power loss or something. Folding will default to not using SSE or 3DNow if that happens until the client is restarted again. -forceasm forces Folding to use the optimizations no matter what.

SmokeRngs said:
I might be able to make a roadtrip and "convince" your boss that folding is better. :eek:

Heh, I don't see that happening unless you plan on giving him a "Mafia style" talking to. It sucks, but we are subjected to a ton of oversight, and have actually had our bandwidth to the outside world cut off because of things deemed un necessary. I love my job, but hate working for a govt. entity.

:wave:
This may be a little pre-emptive, but I just crunched my first 600 pointer and I just had to get it out there! :D

Look out when I get my P4 system built and manage to keep my XP-M box running at the same time :D

I should turn in 1200 points sometime between now and this time tomorrow, with a 300 pointer to follow by monday or tuesday.

It says you wont pass me till 9pm, but with that 600 pointer, you're well above me. :(

/me waves.

you passed me too! CURSES!!

Hmmm, must continue borging. I'll see my roommates from last semester soon. Maybe I will ask if I can borg all of their stuff.

CBR said:
By the time I wake up tomorrow two people will have passed me; Paul_Thurston and Xcalibur_[H]ardOCP.

Then by days end two more will have passed by me; losttime, and adamsjm.

/me waves.

Keep up the production. I might have a few tricks up my sleeves yet, though.

You should be getting those fans pretty soon, so O/C the heck out of your boxen!!!

Oldbenwa

p[H]ant0m said:
Heh, I don't see that happening unless you plan on giving him a "Mafia style" talking to. It sucks, but we are subjected to a ton of oversight, and have actually had our bandwidth to the outside world cut off because of things deemed un necessary. I love my job, but hate working for a govt. entity.

Trust me, I can be very persuasive. It doesn't have to be mafia style either. I'm more of a medieval type person anyway.

On another topic, trust me, I know more than I care to about government entities. I work for one which is why I just have to sit around and watch all of the wasted cycles going on in my building. It depresses me every day.

Back