This Is Your New Han Solo

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I think this guy might be able to pull off a Harrison Ford, even if just barely, but what I’m a lot more worried about is the narrative side of things.

May the 4th may have ended up relatively quiet on the news front, but the world of Star Wars made up for it last night, when reports first surfaced that actor Alden Ehrenreich was in final negotiations to play young Han Solo for the standalone film due in 2018. The actor has been percolating throughout Hollywood over the past few years, most recently standing out amongst a cast of acting giants in the Coen Brothers' Hail, Caesar!

I hope that they explain how Han got the scar on his chin. :) That scar has become an entity of its own in Hollywood.

For consistency purposes, Hollywood should make sure to hire the same actor for Han Solo and the Indiana Jones reboot. ;)

(I know they have not announced IJ reboot yet but it is coming... Disney will milk every possible penny from their $4B investment in Lucas buyout)

For consistency purposes, Hollywood should make sure to hire the same actor for Han Solo and the Indiana Jones reboot. ;)

(I know they have not announced IJ reboot yet but it is coming... Disney will milk every possible penny from their $4B investment in Lucas buyout)

I agree with you here, and I know exactly who you're talking about.

Harrison Ford was only 35 in the first star wars

Isn't Harrison Ford already the Young Han Solo? Whats their definition of young?

Harrison Ford was only 35 in the first star wars

Isn't Harrison Ford already the Young Han Solo? Whats their definition of young?

Right now it's 27 vs. 45. To cover the total lack of looking like a young harrison ford, they might have wanted to go with a bigger age difference.

Looks aside, it'll all come down to the acting. They'll never find a look-alike clone of a young Harrison Ford. So they need to focus on the actors ability to properly portray the character. If he can pull the acting off you'll not focus on physical appearance.

It's a shame Nathan Fillion is too old, I'm sure he could act the part no problem.

It's a shame Nathan Fillion is too old, I'm sure he could act the part no problem.

Yet, he is. I'm sure the fans over at Castle wouldn't mind jettisoning him though. From an article I read, they're pretty pissed at him because they believe he's the reason the Beckett character was axed.

Back