This is why we don't do the CC

EVGA are like some golfers I play with on my league.. they don't like handicaps at all.
 
Aw heck reading it anyway.

Afterburner:
" It is not a fair setup for any team to win. It is a fair setup to eliminate EVGA and allow any of the other teams to win the CC."

Lol. Logic failure + conspiracy theory 101.
 
Also, good to know that evga is still the same old evga, sandbagging WUs:


z3r0t0l0rence said:
nick1551 said:
I hear ya. Were putting out over 4mil today, and just wait for all the bigadv's to drop in the next 24hrs.[:D]

[sm=biggrin.gif]
 
So this year the scoring is completely proportional to historical team ppd which created some problems for folks. The the winner is decided by who can increase ppd by the largest percentage over pre-competition levels. This made 2 problems. First, EVGA is near the bottom of the pack even though their team is huge because some people decided not to participate and it is harder for them to bring up the team ppd because of their size. The second thing is NC1X forum users agreed to help HWC in the challenge, creating a huge increase in ppd above pre-contest levels and giving the team a 35% lead over the other two top teams who were more evenly matched. The HWC mods decided to take an arbitrary handicap of 30% on all points produced by their team to keep them in the lead but make the race for first a closer three way race. I don't see what EVGA has to complain about, last year it was based on points alone so they obviously won. This year even the mods are getting in on the drama by changing scores to make it seem fair.

change the url for stats: hardwarec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!anucks.com/chimp_challenge/2011
 
Last edited:
I prefer to just stay in my little corner and away from the drama. I just want to fold without getting all huffy and puffy about something. I don't blame them for some of their members being upset.

That reminds me, I think I promised my Bloomfield to MaxPC this year and i'll have to figure out how to work it. Anyone else heading to MaxPC this year? When does this thing start?
 
It started 4 days ago, you are a bit late. :p
 
It started 4 days ago, you are a bit late. :p

It did? Oh crap.

I thought someone over there was going to come and post here reminding those of us who were planning on joining them. I guess i'll have to go and figure out what they are doing......
 
Back
Top