This is why Fury X can't ever touch Maxwell

Well I guess you're asking me, and my response has nothing to do with nvidia abandoning anything. Just pointing out that the way PRIME1 selectively reads charts is a bit .. suspicious?

Nah that was for fanboy who made the claim that 780 Ti is being neglected.

Sorry as I had a wedding to go to.. Now you have to think back a little and remember that the 780Ti didn't exist when the 290X rolled out as it was only 780GTX and Titan which the 290X competed with Titian.. then Nvidia released the 780Ti which pissed off Titan owners but did a good job taking the crown back.. now we have new Hawaii in the 390 and 390x with new clocks and competing with 970/980GTX.

So how does the same Hawaii now compete with the 980GTX as [H] has already shown us that clock for clock the 390X is still the 290X that was getting blown away by the 980GTX at release which was a pretty good gap between the 780Ti and 980GTX.

I have an opposite experience with this thread actually.

Nvidia fan boys are having a field day whereas AMD one's are left covering FuryX's bottom. This is quite a delicious scenario for me.

FuryX gets stomped, AMD share price goes down and Red team fans cry like babies. What more do you want :D

Wow, cringe-worthly stuff, whatever excites you though I suppose :eek::eek::eek:.

Still waiting on the stomping proof but not holding my breath.

Sorry as I had a wedding to go to.. Now you have to think back a little and remember that the 780Ti didn't exist when the 290X rolled out as it was only 780GTX and Titan which the 290X competed with Titian.. then Nvidia released the 780Ti which pissed off Titan owners but did a good job taking the crown back.. now we have new Hawaii in the 390 and 390x with new clocks and competing with 970/980GTX.

So how does the same Hawaii now compete with the 980GTX as [H] has already shown us that clock for clock the 390X is still the 290X that was getting blown away by the 980GTX at release which was a pretty good gap between the 780Ti and 980GTX.

So what you are saying is that AMD has intentionally crippled the 290x to make the 390x look better. This is shocking news indeed.

9 games so far in my library where sli works, if these games had crossfire I wouldn't need to upgrade

enjoying assetto corsa max seettings @ 1440p 144fps 50% gpu usage :D

I just saw an advertising email from mwave, with AMD boards and FX CPUs. It said "Ready to take AMD FX processers beyond all expection"

Geez they really use the word "expectation" loosely. Maybe even inappropriately. Or even sadistically

So what you are saying is that AMD has intentionally crippled the 290x to make the 390x look better. This is shocking news indeed.

I dont think he is saying that, he is saying that its hard to believe the 390 could compete now given its a rebrand. I find the whole 390x thing to be a joke, especially at 400 or so bucks. Whatever they did to improve it must be nothing short of a miracle.

I just saw an advertising email from mwave, with AMD boards and FX CPUs. It said "Ready to take AMD FX processers beyond all expection"

Geez they really use the word "expectation" loosely. Maybe even inappropriately. Or even sadistically

Did you mean to post this in CPU's? Can't for the life of me figure out the point of dropping it here, unless you were simply attempting to troll.

Did you mean to post this in CPU's? Can't for the life of me figure out the point of dropping it here, unless you were simply attempting to troll.

Yeah you could probably say i was trolling a bit. Just reitering what i said early with all the lies at E3 and how disappointed i am in the product that is the fury x, and this email was the most satircal thing ive seen in my life. I had to watch that at like 3am where i am. They should be picking their mottos a bit better.

This is so true! I hate when people say that AMD can match nVidia, because they clearly cannot! Also, the 980 Ti has a powerful 400MHz RAMDAC while the Fury X doesn't even support any analog output. If you get a Fury X, you'll be stuck to a LCD forever. The 980 Ti gives users the choice to use a CRT.

It's hard to really put your finger on what's going on as I had plans and the money to buy a Fury or Fury X as I had a Power Color Fury X in my newegg cart the other day but $669 is insane for any video card that will be almost worthless in 3 to 4 years..

So giving that the 390X is close to a Fury in most games and the new edition 290X is almost the same card and then newegg having a sale @$259 I could buy 2 cheaper then a Fury X or 980Ti..

Everything on the market right now will be worthless next year for a multitude of reasons.

I will still be on my R9 290 at 3 years by that point and it will still be going strong. It works great even at 4k resolutions. :) A $400 investment worth every penny.

Memory bandwidth won't be an issue anytime soon since the consoles are going to be having same old memory. The capacity however will be an issue as developers continue to do lazy ports utilizing more than 4 GB of ram as has been seen this year especially with games like GTA V, Dying Light, Mordor etc.

I have a hard time believing that anyone on this forum could keep using a 28nm GDDR5 GPU when the new 16nm HBM cards release. After seeing your common spending habits so far.
The day Pascal drops, this community will be among the highest early adopters. People with 980 Tis currently are the most likely to be Pascal early adopters given their disposable income.

As far as this forum is concerned, everything is irrelevant the day Pascal and (to a lesser degree) Arctic Islands drops. Same applies to the entire PC gaming community, pretty much.

You will never see obsolescence happen so fast as the day the new 16nm cards launch.

Memory bandwidth won't be an issue anytime soon since the consoles are going to be having same old memory. The capacity however will be an issue as developers continue to do lazy ports utilizing more than 4 GB of ram as has been seen this year especially with games like GTA V, Dying Light, Mordor etc.

Dude, i know you love nvidia but do they pay you?
Just stop.

Just stop.
Fury X will be screwed over by its 4 GB VRAM but the hundreds of thousands of 980 and 970 owners will be totally fine. Everyone knows Nvidia's 4 GB is better. :rolleyes:
Although to be fair to him, I think he's exclusively comparing the Fury X vs 980 Ti

No you won't.

Some impressive clairvoyance there, being able to predict 3 years into the future whether or not some stranger on the internet will get a new video card.

What stock should I buy? Do you have the winning numbers for this week's lottery?

Im not exactly sure i will want to upgrade straight away, to the 16nm. I cant see this "10x performance boost" that nvidias claiming, and if there is, that would be the greatest generational leap ever.

Im not exactly sure i will want to upgrade straight away, to the 16nm. I cant see this "10x performance boost" that nvidias claiming, and if there is, that would be the greatest generational leap ever.
Sigh, that 10x claim has been addressed so many times. Nvidia was referring to deep learning NOT gaming performance and they even joked about that being CEO math.

Fury X will be screwed over by its 4 GB VRAM but the hundreds of thousands of 980 and 970 owners will be totally fine. Everyone knows Nvidia's 4 GB is better. :rolleyes:
Although to be fair to him, I think he's exclusively comparing the Fury X vs 980 Ti

Millions. :) there were over a million 970s alone three months after launch.

Memory bandwidth isn't an issue at 4GB IMO. This is easily tested by varying memory frequency. It's 8GB+ where HBM could shine.

Sigh, that 10x claim has been addressed so many times. Nvidia was referring to deep learning NOT gaming performance and they even joked about that being CEO math.

Pascal will be 10x faster than Maxwell*

* 1.) For neural nets. 2.) Assumes 8 GPUs instead of 4 3.) Utilizing half precision. 4.) Calculated with what Jen-Hsun calls "CEO math". ;)

That still lets you interpret Pascal might be about 150% faster. Titan to Titan X was 60-70%? So with a process shrink it's not too crazy. But CEO math...

Last edited:
For now, we've to see how things end up in dx12/win10 and with drivers and newer games, Maxwell will probably stay on top for a while due its oc-cababilities, but in Multi GPU it's an other story, with CF scaling up to 100%!.

I own both TitanX Sli and FuryX CF, and the latter is allready pushing the same and in a few, more framerates in 4- and 5K, then my 1400 mhz clocked TitanX tandem.
But, in 5K 4GB V-ram, allthough optimsed for more efficient use, will not allway's be enough, for 4K is ok (for now).

I plan on doing a wide rate of benchmarks, but right now I hardly have the time for it.
But the raw power of two Fury's is very impressive. xDMA seems to work wonders.

What is the subjective feel of each setup? Which is smoother? Much noise level difference?

Thanks for honest, non -fanboy feedback. Funny how no one is trolling you. Cheers

Kk, never read into it apart from a small article i saw on it mainly being about hbm2

True I will get a pascal on release. Maybe 2 of them as well but I don't want sub par performance, missing features and poor driver support to play with until then. So I am happy with my 980 ti SLi.

Just stop.

Yeah, there are plenty of other members of this forum who ACTUALLY WORK for Nvidia and the utter calculated libel that pours out of their mouth is nothing as tame as this. This is a genuine statement from a genuine user.

Seems like the "Overclockers' dream" overclocks worse than an average 7970 (clock/volt).
This is what happens when you regurgitate the same architecture for 3 years.
Fiji XT is pushed to the limit out of the box.

It's really a horrible GPU. I shudder to think what it would be like with GDDR5. Just... Wow.

Yeah, there are plenty of other members of this forum who ACTUALLY WORK for Nvidia and the utter calculated libel that pours out of their mouth is nothing as tame as this. This is a genuine statement from a genuine user.

You sound pretty sure of this. Why don't you name them?

Actually that's the mentality of AMD owners. How many times have we seen that 4GB might be just fine because of HBM when the type of memory it's using has literally no bearing on game assets?

Umm excuse me, that was an overblown smear campaign by AMD fanboys just to make Maxwell look bad. It still hasn't been proven to cause any performance problems in real games, okay? :rolleyes:

Back