This is unbelievable..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, see why the american media is held in contempt worldwide? Consider all the most obvious things wrong with that, and then add to the fact that DICE isn't an american company, and you really wonder what the hell's going on here...

Well it really isn't the American media that screwed up here, it's the American government, and that's a bit more disconcerting then a BS news report. I think the guy who made the video summed it up best, "A ten year old using google could have figured out it was just a video".

The worst part was when that one politician asked who the American company was who made the game because it was obvious he had missed the point and didn't understand what they were explaining, rather he thought EA was making jihad promoting Anti-American videogames. EA can be pretty bad, but not quite that bad :p.

I lol'd. This was posted on bf2s awhile back...I find it hilarious personally. That content wasn't modified at all, that guy just had waaaaaaaaaaaay too much fun with his in-game name.

"ooh ooh look at me, I'll make my name "Mubtakaar" and make FRAPS content of me tear-gassing the hell out of hastily modeled civilian models and a monkey model labeled "Bush" OLOLOLO"

I don't know what to say.
I am not sure who I am more afraid of, the terrorists or the people running this country.

Fair enough, not just the media - both misinformed, painfully so.

WS6 said:
I don't know what to say.
I am not sure who I am more afraid of, the terrorists or the people running this country.

On google video, watch this little film called "Loose Change" and you will see that the two groups of people you named are one and the same.

Wow, so every time I end up playing on the MEC team I am being conditioned by terrorist to kill American soldiers?

And about this add-on that they were taking about, you know the one created by terrorist to allow you to play as the “MEC” and cost $25. Are they really referring to Special Forces?

The old man defended the report to congress by saying well we found the movie on terrorist sites so they are obviously using it to recruit. (or some such shit) Now am I the only one that is upset with this reporter or maybe it wasn’t him maybe the editor is to blame but anyway. Am I the only one who is upset that they let it go at that? Why didn’t they grill him about the supposed add-on that was required before you’re allowed to kill American soldiers? They showed a clip of congress asking him about it so I was waiting in anticipation to see how he would try to spin that one but they never showed him even being questioned about it. WTF?

that's one thing i hate about congressman - they think that just cause they are elected, they know everything. this doesn't just apply to video games, but to the environment, farming, etc.

Raudulfr said:
OMG.... and you ELECTED this people? :eek:
"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine." - Thomas Jefferson

Raudulfr said:
OMG.... and you ELECTED this people? :eek:

to be fair, we didn't elect the moron at the center of that video. We elected the morons who appointed the morons who hired that moron.

Anyway,
Watch it again, this time replace the idiot tesifying before congress with Rob Corddry, it's a perfect daily show sketch. The questions for the 'video game expert' we a bit to down to earth, not 'why are you helping train terrorists' style questions, and you need to add your own satirical remark to EA's response, but we're close to comedy gold here.

lol, their using it to get young terrorists to join the cause. I didnt know towel heads could afford a computer, let alone the internet!

rayman2k2 said:
that's one thing i hate about congressman - they think that just cause they are elected, they know everything. this doesn't just apply to video games, but to the environment, farming, etc.

Actually, they do have "experts" feeding them false information about this. It was these "experts" that falsely identified this video, congress is just going on what they are told. all-in-all, they're both dumb :)

hity645 said:
lol, their using it to get young terrorists to join the cause. I didnt know towel heads could afford a computer, let alone the internet!

You can buy stolen computers over in Iraq for pretty damn cheap. My friend's brother is in the military, and ships back computer parts for really cheap. And the US is the only country that makes people pay half their life savings for broadband =\

sad thing about government is that nobody with any real morals or intelligence can stand to be in it b/c it just plain sucks. kinda like working for EA lol.

At least it isn't the BBC.

Still, this shows exactly why the government shouldn't make laws concerning the Internet or games- they don't have a clue what they are doing.

Not sure I see your point; sure the BBC has a bit of a dodgy ethical past and whatnot, but at no point has their reportage been dictated by the government, thereby misinforming the majority of the population.

How is ABC's reporting dictated by the government? Just because they are lazy doesn't mean that. I'm referring BBC's habit of turning their interviews into opinionated flame wars. I mean it great the reporters have opinions and all, but not while they are reporting.

RoffleCopter said:
On google video, watch this little film called "Loose Change" and you will see that the two groups of people you named are one and the same.

Dude ... I adamantly oppose almost everything this administration has done in it's seeming-eternity in power, but the the bulk of the "information" featured in that video is patent bullshit. It's been thoroughly and completely debunked by experts from the right and the left.

Alex Jones (the video's creator) is not simply a tinfoil-hat-sporting hack, he wears a full-on Reynolds Wrap body suit, and has so much tinfoil jammed up his ass that he sets off metal detectors a mile distant from his actual location.

A sense of healthy skepticism: you might want to look into obtaining one. They're pretty useful.

n00bs in the Government using videogames as a platform to validate their work. Maybe Jack Tompson is going to represent families of kia soldiers in a lawsuit against EA.

It seems to me (and I'm sure this is quite obvious, but let me trace it out) that these pentagon-folks are really striving to justify the importance of their work- finding anything they can to support their purpose. Evidence is all they have, regardless of the validity of what they consider evidence. Notice that even despite voiding the validity of what Dan Devlin (Bearded Man) says, he still defends his opinions which are pretty much unrelated to the evidence found. Essensially, conjured fear is all the evidence they truly have for seven million dollars of intel-funded pentagon effort.

Here's some Dan Devlin quotes:

"They (alleged propaganda videos) were found on hostile websites and that's all the research team is looking for is material that we would consider hostile to the United States or to the Coalition forces"

"The important thing to consider is that the enemy is using the internet against the US."

"The research team looks at material that is hostile to the United States and US Forces and Coalition Forces and reports that. That's the importance of what the hearing was about."

Battlefield 2 is made by terrorist. EA is worse then any of those groups over in Iraq they will kill your mother just to make sure you buy every single one of there products. They blast crappy music through your speakers in there games which is torture. I think ABC has got it right and we are just unaware of the depth they have gone to in investigating this situation.

meh..

congressmen/senators put up stupid shit like this every month, all they are trying to do is possibly hit something that might be big to get a name for themselves, just because this dude presented a case and a book of papers doesn't mean our government is actually listening to him

i honestly doubt this guy will get any attention outside of ABC

B. W. said:
"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine." - Thomas Jefferson

That is why the USA is a REPUBLIC and not a democracy, no matter how much and how hard the current politicians try and tell you it is a democracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back