This Alarm Clock Lets You Literally Wake Up and Smell the Coffee

Or just get a decent frickin coffee maker that you program to brew coffee for you at whatever time you want.

Or just get a decent frickin coffee maker that you program to brew coffee for you at whatever time you want.

I can't find a programmable french press that gets both the water temperature and brew-time exactly right...or even close enough to right to live with on a daily basis.

I can't find a programmable french press that gets both the water temperature and brew-time exactly right...or even close enough to right to live with on a daily basis.

So this clock will produce that same smell for you? :p

Might be on to something with the programmable french press brewer though....

I have a wife that gets up before me and makes coffee. This works terrific!

I've been doing this for ages now. I have a wax warmer that's plugged into a programmable outlet timer. It's set to come on a half hour before I wake up, and shut off about the same time I'm leaving the house.

$10-$20 for the wax warmer and $10 for the outlet timer sure as hell beats $65 for this alarm clock thing, nevermind the fact that I can use any of the million available wax cubes instead of being locked into some proprietary thing.

I'd like to start a kickstarter campaign to send awards to the dumbest kickstarter campaigns.

This has the same problem that the bacon one has.

If I wake up smelling delightful things "Cooking" and those things don't actually exist right then for my consumption...I'm pissed and the rest of my day is shit. I'll stick to waking up to a normal alarm a few minutes earlier so I can smell and have the real thing.

As my computer is on 24/7 and I have some decent speakers, I rigged some Task Manager scripts that play a random assortment of music from 6:30 until I'm supposed to leave the house. Been working great for years, and skipping the next day is as easy as hitting the mute button on the keyboard.

Back