Things you use your HTPC for?

Beyond DVR/PVR use?

Rebuild Coming its a WIP....

Internet TV via WMC, though not much lately, Love Boat, Star Terk The Animated Series and Brady Bunch are on Internet TV however - :D

*Macro Tube to watch You Tube until You Tube changed something now it won't work (despite the changes in Macro Tube code), but still used for Revision3 and TwIT.

*SecondRunTV 2.0 for ESPN3, FIA GT1 Championship and FIA GT3 though they have moved the video to You Tube this season.

Hulu Desktop and Integration Plug-In. Mostly old TV, like the Rockford Files. But lately old Anime like Speed Racer and recently Star Blazers.

I screwed up Media Browser by trying RAM Drive + Symbolic Links, so I did a repair install of Windows but didn't re-install Media Browser (I uninstalled it before hand).

I wanted to see what all the hype was about around XBMC. I added it in the hopes I could combine the metadata and fan art from Media Browser with the streaming I get from Internet TV, SecondRunTV and MacroTube.

It sort of works, as I mentioned ESPN3 app does not work and I'm not the only one, Thus far no answers from the developer, one of the reasons I don't like Linux. You Tube app was working great, then strange things started to happen. It updated itself and things returned to normal for two days but now I'm having those same problems with subscriptions again.

I also wanted to get my console emulation more organized and tried Rom Collector Browser. I think I forgot to add a (*) before say .zip so games show up, but frankly its not as streamlined a setup as Game Browser for Media Browser. Game Browser while not that simple to setup, at least there is a step by step guide on how to add rom/images and emulators to the plug-in.

I'm only missing the SSD which I will pick up tomorrow for my rebuild. I don't want to run Media Browser just for Game Browser and I didn't want to run all the other programs for just one thing or a handful of things only. I wanted to merge all this together, all controlled by remote.

I hope a fresh install of XMBC Eden will along with a fresh Windows 7 install will solve most of these issues as it will consolidate as much as I want as nobody is developing streaming apps for Media Browser.

Use it every single day, it is my TV...

Watch movies, encode movies, backup gaming machine should my primary rig fail. The 9600GT is still adequate enough to play games with decent performance in DX9 mode.

When Haswell comes out my Q9450 and Radeon HD 5850 will go into my HTPC.

Back