Thermaltake WP100 Radiator Thickness Compatibility

rabidz7

[H]ard|Gawd
Can the Thermaltake P100 pedestal for the W100 chasis accommodate four 80mm-thick 560mm radiators in push-pull fan configuration? Can the W100 accommodate a 560mm, a 420mm, a 280mm and a 140mm, all 80mm thick and in push-pull fan configuration?

Here is the rest of my build, currently on air:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/rabidz7/saved/#view=dgjGjX

P.S I’m aware that this is an excessive amount of radiator space, but I want to future proof things and have no reason not to. Perhaps the fans could be totally off at idle.

Purely out of curiousity: is there a reason why you'd opt for the 80s instead of the 60mm thick variants? Just wondering if you were simply looking for maximum cooling potential inside a case with no regards to price/size/noise/any other parameters, or if you simply hadn't done more research on what might be the best overall choice with more reasonable constraints, e.g. slightly slimmer rads but thicker fans, or maybe opting for a massive external rad for superior cooling and lower noise vs stuffing the case with as much rad as possible (unless doing this is undesirable or not an option due to environment).

Purely out of curiousity: is there a reason why you'd opt for the 80s instead of the 60mm thick variants? Just wondering if you were simply looking for maximum cooling potential inside a case with no regards to price/size/noise/any other parameters, or if you simply hadn't done more research on what might be the best overall choice with more reasonable constraints, e.g. slightly slimmer rads but thicker fans, or maybe opting for a massive external rad for superior cooling and lower noise vs stuffing the case with as much rad as possible (unless doing this is undesirable or not an option due to environment).
Wouldn’t the 80s generally outperform the 60s?

Wouldn’t the 80s generally outperform the 60s?

In theory yes, but in practice it's not as clear cut unless you genuinely do not care about noise, since you'll require more airflow/pressure for adequate exhaust. The main reason I brought this up in the first place is because, generally speaking, when people are looking to fill their cases with as much rad as possible, they're doing so because they want to be able to run their fans (and pumps) at lower speed for minimal noise while maintaining comparable cooling to a smaller rad + higher fan/pump speed setup.

If you are simply looking for the highest possible water cooling performance that can be crammed into the confines of that case, then there's nothing wrong with going with your intended setup, but if what you are actually looking for is absolute top-tier water cooling, sticking to internal rads is not the best setup.

I actually have one of these cases. That's what my last build was in. The answer would be "no". I don't think it can. I have standard thickness radiators with a basic fan setup. Looking at the increased depth of 20mm more thickness and double the fan thickness, I think the top radiator will run into the front one. You'd have no room for your fittings and tubes more than likely. You could get away with it on one of the rads, but not both. I used to run a standard thickness radiator with a push/pull setup up top and it was thick enough that it created clearance issues with the motherboard. Sure, it fit but it made connecting the 2x 8-pin CPU power connectors a bit of a chore. Though not as bad as some cases.

As others have said, what you are planning isn't worth it. I'm not telling you not to use that many radiators. What I am saying is that you will find that going push/pull will create more cost, noise and power consumption without any real payoff. 80mm radiators are simply too thick for most fans to push air across. That's why they don't cool as well in practice unless you crank the fan speed up. Even then, the amount of performance increase over a 60mm thick radiator is pretty small.

80mm thick radiators are best for cases where you have limited radiator mounting options but can accommodate the extra thickness of the radiator and fans. Usually, this comes about when you are limited to 120mm, 240mm, or 280mm radiator mounting options and need to cool something with a high TDP. In the case of a small form factor build, you might only have the ability to mount a 120mm or 240mm, but need to cool more a beefy CPU or GPU. Then, adding the thickness makes sense, but if you want it to perform the fan speeds will have to be higher.

What radiator thicknesses do you recommend? 45mm? 60mm? What do you think of push-pull vs just one set of fans?

What radiator thicknesses do you recommend? 45mm? 60mm? What do you think of push-pull vs just one set of fans?
I typically use 60mm radiators. As for the fans, I've found no real improvement going with a push/pull setup over a single fan. It just increases your cost, noise, case vibration, etc. As I said, you really only need push/pull for super thick radiators where you flat out need more air flow to cover the larger surface area of the fins.

Back