Thermaltake Typhoon?

You could easily get 3.0 Ghz out of a Q6600 with the Big Typhoon.
 
You can more than likely get 3Ghz out of the stock cooler.
 
the Typhoon will hit over 3.0 but much over that your heat will go up quickly. I had a Zalman 9700 and tried out one of these Typhoons on my q9550 and it couldn't handle the heat. I had great idle temps but once I started pounding on the CPU I just don't think it can handle the heat thrown by quads.
 
btw.. make sure you buy the correct one.. theres 2 versions of the thermaltake big typhoon.. theres the slower rpm version and the higher adjustable rpm version..

with the q6600 you want the adjustable fan.. trust me or you will regret every minute of it.. the other one is a 1300rpm fan and can barely even cool my x2 6400+ at full load.. i own both versions of the heatsink..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106061 <-- the one you dont want...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106080 <-- the one you want..
 
The mounting is actually better on the first one IMO. That thing weighs a ton, and I'd hate to only use the clips to hold it on like on the VX.

Personally, if you're going to spend $50+ on a HSF, don't get one that blows down, get a heatpipe tower cooler. Significantly better for the same price (or cheaper).
 
static pressure?

What would be the best for for my Typhoon?

thanks,
shane c.
The higher the static pressure, the better. However, the stock fan that comes with the cooler will be sufficient for your purposes, so there's no need for you to change it.
 
The mounting is actually better on the first one IMO. That thing weighs a ton, and I'd hate to only use the clips to hold it on like on the VX.

Personally, if you're going to spend $50+ on a HSF, don't get one that blows down, get a heatpipe tower cooler. Significantly better for the same price (or cheaper).


i agree the mounting is better on the first.. but once you get the VX on.. the thing aint moving.. been using the VX for over a year now and love it.. its just a PITA to put on if you have a small case..
 
i agree the mounting is better on the first.. but once you get the VX on.. the thing aint moving.. been using the VX for over a year now and love it.. its just a PITA to put on if you have a small case..

I imagine it would be since you have to get under the fins to press the pins down. probably not that easy to get off either.
 
Back
Top