• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

thermaltake tr2 600nl2nh????

tyguy

Gawd
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
544
So my girlfriend got herself an i7 3930k processor. I got her a geforce 660 for x-mas, she has a 240 gb ssd from Kingston. She has this old psu laying around and i'm a little bit worried about throwing that in with her system. She says she doesnt want to be wasteful and use it, but I had an old thermaltake and when I threw in my geforce 480 (which admittedly draws a bit more power) completely overloaded my power supply and in turn took out quite a few of my components along with the motherboard.

My suggestion was to get an enthusiast series corsair 650 watt or even 750. She didn't really understand and didn't think it would be much of an upgrade. I told her just because it was similar in rated wattage didn't make them equal.

What are you guys thinking? Can she get away with this guy or should she splurge a little. She would also like to let it be known that the psu has barely been used.
 
Get a new PSU. Generally, Thermaltake's TR2 PSUs are crap to say the least. You'd be lucky to get half the rated wattage out of a TR2 PSU.
 
Get a new PSU. Generally, Thermaltake's TR2 PSUs are crap to say the least. You'd be lucky to get half the rated wattage out of a TR2 PSU.

This.

With that being said, if you get a newsletter from newegg, they are offering the Seasonic X750 PSU for $90 tomorrow.
 
This.

With that being said, if you get a newsletter from newegg, they are offering the Seasonic X750 PSU for $90 tomorrow.

I second this. Price is very good for X750. SO getting this one (if possible) will solve your problem.
 
She ended up getting the seasonic x 750 from egg. I'm actually going to borrow th
At thermaltake from her and use for a short time for my little bro. The corsair 650 I got for him a year ago doesn't work.

I put together this old q6600 for him and figured the board was dead from long periods of ocing.

I put together an ivy bridge i5 and this new comp wouldn't start up. Took out the power supply and thought I would short it out to see if it turned on. No dice... I got this thing from frys a year ago. I have no idea where the receipt is but I still have the boxing. I'm hoping frys let's me exchange it for selling me a bunk power supply. Never thought I would get a doa from corsair.
 
That far out, you'll probably have to contact Corsair directly.
 
She ended up getting the seasonic x 750 from egg. I'm actually going to borrow th
At thermaltake from her and use for a short time for my little bro. The corsair 650 I got for him a year ago doesn't work.

I put together this old q6600 for him and figured the board was dead from long periods of ocing.

I put together an ivy bridge i5 and this new comp wouldn't start up. Took out the power supply and thought I would short it out to see if it turned on. No dice... I got this thing from frys a year ago. I have no idea where the receipt is but I still have the boxing. I'm hoping frys let's me exchange it for selling me a bunk power supply. Never thought I would get a doa from corsair.

Contact Corsair directly for DOA issues.
 
yeah I figured they would rma it but that is more of a pain and you usually have to pay for shipping. I'm going to give frys a call, tell them my predicament and see if they will do an exchange. if not, rma.


Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android
 
Back
Top