Thermaltake Surprises Again

I'm actually getting suspicious a little bit though - spec wise these look like some of the ISO units, which are bottom of the line (but still not bad). The 420w in particular has identical 12v ratings as the ISO 350w model. It's looking to me like Thermaltake is rating them a little optimistically.

Hmm... That's strange because I never thought that Sirtec made a bad power supply... just Thermaltake spec'd a bad power supply. ;)

But this could be because of Antec's migration to Seasonic for the HE. CWT could've made Thermaltake an offer they couldn't refuse. ;)

It's looking to me like Thermaltake is rating them a little optimistically.
That is to be expected from TT, home of the 100CFM, 19dba fan!

Just as long as they don't pull an "Aspire" (10% load regulation) on us! :rolleyes:

I don't know that they'll go that far - even the ISO line is rated 5%.

That was my thought too, that maybe CWT was getting back at Antec for the Seasonic thing. Would like to see Thermaltake use the A2D line (True 2) instead though.

The HEC Thermaltakes are still up at Newegg too - looks like they're starting to pull a Rosewill with all the outsourcing, but that's ok as long as they go with decent OEM's ;)

Tt Tech said:
Correction, home of the 122 CFM and 16dBA fans...
Very true! :p

3yrs+ ago, I could recommend at least some TT PSU's,
I sincerely hope that in the near future I/we will be recommending many TT PSU's.

Dave :)

well i have to say that the Thermaltake you recommended to me when i had problems with the antec neohe hasn't let me down so far david...it's powering everything on my rig overclocked without any hiccups so far...finally got everything stable and my rig is as cool as ever, even when using the fan controller they supply with it to turn the psu fan down a couple notches. only complaint i have is how loud it was, but i took care of that by installing the fan controller they throw in, and it did the trick. so if anything, i'll back up your recommendation for the TT Purepower 500W psu. let's hope they can make more that are reliable like this one

JeRi said:
well i have to say that the Thermaltake you recommended to me when i had problems with the antec neohe hasn't let me down so far david...it's powering everything on my rig overclocked without any hiccups so far...finally got everything stable and my rig is as cool as ever, even when using the fan controller they supply with it to turn the psu fan down a couple notches. only complaint i have is how loud it was, but i took care of that by installing the fan controller they throw in, and it did the trick. so if anything, i'll back up your recommendation for the TT Purepower 500W psu. let's hope they can make more that are reliable like this one
Thermaltake W0057 PurePower 500W Power Supply
To give credit where it is due, both you & TT should thank jonnyGURU for his expert testing,
that made this "first in 3yrs" recommendation possible. :cool:

Review: http://www.slcentral.com/dual-12v-psu-shootout/page5.php

true, i do remember you saying that...well props to you, and JonnyGURU, for always willing to give us the best possible choices available to choose from in any given situation

Back