Thermaltake LanBox

if it can fit a ATX psu i see no reason why it couldnt be modded to fit a ATX board, which im gonna do with wc.

lol

shawnol said:
if it can fit a ATX psu i see no reason why it couldnt be modded to fit a ATX board, which im gonna do with wc.

lol
It's gonna look fugly if you try to mod an ATX board in it. Trust me.

shawnol said:

lol

not a good idea

Steeeeve said:
takes mATX mobo...enough said.

Hey Steeeeve, I know that even if you did know for sure, you wouldn't be able to reveal it, but is there anyway (if you know) you could tell us generally when the Lanbox might debut? And if Tt hasn't told you anything just yet, anyone you can find out roughly when?

I'm thinking of building a Core 2 Duo system, and if the Lanbox is coming out soon, I'd simply wait for it. If it isn't however, I'll probably go the ATX route.

ToastMaster said:
Hey Steeeeve, I know that even if you did know for sure, you wouldn't be able to reveal it, but is there anyway (if you know) you could tell us generally when the Lanbox might debut? And if Tt hasn't told you anything just yet, anyone you can find out roughly when?

I'm thinking of building a Core 2 Duo system, and if the Lanbox is coming out soon, I'd simply wait for it. If it isn't however, I'll probably go the ATX route.

Thermaltake has never emailed me back eventhough I have sent them numerous emails regarding the LanBox.

Steeeeve said:
Thermaltake has never emailed me back eventhough I have sent them numerous emails regarding the LanBox.

:(

I think practically everything else almost that they showed off at Computex has been released or is in the process (site information is up, etc.). I wonder why they're being so quiet concerning the Lanbox.

Ooooh, a removable motherboard tray, as well as removable PSU support and such.

My main system is going to be using a Stacker 830, but I think I'll work on getting the second system up and running with one of these. :)

wtf, they only make the all aluminum one in silver :mad:

Black cases are so much better looking then silver ones

-Rc- said:
wtf, they only make the all aluminum one in silver :mad:

Black cases are so much better looking then silver ones

That really kills the the point of lanbox lightness.
Notice that the Black versions are almost double the weight. !?!? WTF FOR ?

Do the optional 7" monitors come in Silver ?

well metal is much more sturdy. i personally like the aluminum too.

I requested a review but who knows if I can get one. Perhaps Thermaltake will be wise and realize I kick serious ass at reviewing :p

Hey Steeeeve hope they send you one I clicked on the preorder link to get more info from them. I seriously want the Al one, as for only silver guess that's what they make paint for!

chris.putertech said:
Hey Steeeeve hope they send you one I clicked on the preorder link to get more info from them. I seriously want the Al one, as for only silver guess that's what they make paint for!
I have always wanted to make a nice glossy orange case... :)

Steeeeve looking forward to it! I've been holding off on a new SFF case to see if any of the new cases really get it right with both looks and cooling!

chris.putertech said:
Steeeeve looking forward to it! I've been holding off on a new SFF case to see if any of the new cases really get it right with both looks and cooling!

I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch :p but looks good. Thermaltake has been very nice.

this looks like a very nice case. up to 3 hdds and two 5 1/4 or 7" drives. the airflow looks very good as well.wonder what the pricing will be like. maybe 100 to 150

Steeeeve said:
I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch :p but looks good. Thermaltake has been very nice.
I am looking foward to this review. :)

KronicEGN said:
for those who cant wait for a great hardforum review, mines up over here (aussie site exclusive!)

http://forum.ozcasemodz.com/viewtopic.php?t=1053

hope you enjoy it, and find it informative.
Oh wow, sweet thank you! :)

EDIT: Oh just wondering, is the handle removable? The one's without a handle are a little bit shorter, and they have no windows. In that case I would just go with the sg01e.

**Update**

Just figured I'd let you guys know that I got a hardlaunch date of December 18th for this case.

**Update**

The retractable bay monitor is now carried by performance-pcs and comes with a $350 dollar tag.

I actually like this thing. It has room for 3 hdd's, one of them being a raptor x windowed model so you can see it spinning. I'll definetly have to look into this for a SFF build.

Here's the official site. http://www.ttlanbox.com/

Back