Thermaltake LANBOX VF1000BWS factory refurbished

This item is currently not available...........:( I would have bought one as it is refurbished and not B stock (which could have blemishes)

For that price, with minor "dents", who cares about blemishes. Great Find.

Also look at these for more case options in the refurbs.

Last edited:
they're not the best at keeping their website up to date, so sometimes some of the items listed as sold out are actually available. that's what happened when i got my xaser vi for $100

Seems there is free shipping on the item linked above + its @ 39.99 now. I grabed one!

...as it is refurbished and not B stock (which could have blemishes)

The sporano for 40 shipped seems like good price

If you read the disclaimers, REFURBISHED items may have cosmetic imperfections also.

I bought the black Soprano (refurb) a couple weeks ago. It did in fact have a couple of very small scuffs in the glossy paint. For $39.99 shipped I won't complain. :p

I also grabbed the white Soprano for my wife. She thinks white looks classy.
Too bad I had to pay shipping on that one, though.

(btw... I've been buying from TT's clearance outlet and "B" stock for years now)

they're not the best at keeping their website up to date, so sometimes some of the items listed as sold out are actually available. that's what happened when i got my xaser vi for $100

They do have a significant lag in site update...
but in my experience, it has always been items OOS when they show available.

Give them a day or two and the page will soon display "OUT OF STOCK" across the image.

Keep watch though. I've seen several OOS clearance items suddenly re-appear a week or two later.

BTW, the VF1000BNS is also available @ 59.99 + shipping
http://www.thermaltakestore.com/vf1001000.html

I bought the Lanbox Lite due to wanting something a bit different. It doesnt come with the handle but the rest is pretty much the same. It was in good shape, only one of the flanges for case screws was bent inwards and took about 5 seconds with some pliers to fix.

I will most probably be buying more cases from their refurbs considering how well the first one has worked out for me.

i grabbed the first lanbox with handle before i post it here, i tought they had more in stock. sorry for the disappointment.

If you read the disclaimers, REFURBISHED items may have cosmetic imperfections also.

I bought the black Soprano (refurb) a couple weeks ago. It did in fact have a couple of very small scuffs in the glossy paint. For $39.99 shipped I won't complain. :p

I also grabbed the white Soprano for my wife. She thinks white looks classy.
Too bad I had to pay shipping on that one, though.

(btw... I've been buying from TT's clearance outlet and "B" stock for years now)

I did read....did you?

"Thermaltake B-Stock product is fully functional but may with some minor blemishes; such as scratches, dents, and discoloring. Thermaltake certified refurbished products often looks brand new, but may not ship in original retail box"

Let me now seperate it into two paragraphs so it will be clearer to you:

Thermaltake B-Stock product is fully functional but may with some minor blemishes; such as scratches, dents, and discoloring.

Thermaltake certified refurbished products often looks brand new, but may not ship in original retail box.

See the difference?

I did read....did you?
Wow... such hostility, LMAO

"Thermaltake B-Stock product is fully functional but may with some minor blemishes; such as scratches, dents, and discoloring. Thermaltake certified refurbished products often looks brand new, but may not ship in original retail box"

Let me now seperate it into two paragraphs so it will be clearer to you:

Thermaltake B-Stock product is fully functional but may with some minor blemishes; such as scratches, dents, and discoloring.

Thermaltake certified refurbished products often looks brand new, but may not ship in original retail box.

See the difference?
Again, the hostility! :rolleyes:

Notice the word "OFTEN"?? Which implies, "not always"... as in "not guaranteed" to look brand-new.

I was merely pointing out, for yourself and others, that I buy rather frequently from TT's B-Stock, Discontinued Items, and Refurbished Stock.

B-Stock AND Refurbished typically arrives (almost always) with some cosmetic imperfection, whether slight or not-so-slight.

Discontinued Items are the only ones that typically arrive looking brand-new.

That is my experience, after a couple years of dealing with TT's Clearance Outlet.
Take it or leave it, I don't care.

Wow... such hostility, LMAO

Again, the hostility! :rolleyes:

Notice the word "OFTEN"?? Which implies, "not always"... as in "not guaranteed" to look brand-new.

I was merely pointing out, for yourself and others, that I buy rather frequently from TT's B-Stock, Discontinued Items, and Refurbished Stock.

B-Stock AND Refurbished typically arrives (almost always) with some cosmetic imperfection, whether slight or not-so-slight.

Discontinued Items are the only ones that typically arrive looking brand-new.

That is my experience, after a couple years of dealing with TT's Clearance Outlet.
Take it or leave it, I don't care.

You're right, whenever I'm about to kick someone's ass I say "I did read, did you?" and
"See the difference?". Nothing puts the fear in one's enemy more than those two phrases. Don't be the defender, be the aggressor!!

My point was that certified refurbished is as good as new except the packaging.........I don't see where it says refurbished products can have blems, only B-stock. I'm not discounting that you could get a B-stock that's in pretty decent shape, but I'd rather have a sure thing. I can deal with not-new packaging.

I purchased one of these exact same "B Stock" cases about 2 months ago for $50 shipped. The case is decent but its on the heavy side because of the steel in it. Aluminum model would be better but its fine for me. 16.5lbs isnt all that bad for a portable case. (If it is for you, hit the damn gym! :))

I was surprised though because when I opened the box I expected a case with a scratch or a dent somewhere. Nope. It was brand new, still factory wrapped, MINT condition with absolutely nothing wrong with it. YMMV but I thought it was a hell of a deal for what I got. I stuck an atom330 in it, a 80+ seasonic psu, and a low power draw hdd, and made a decent win2k3 server 64bit home server to run 24/7. Great case for what I paid.

Too bad they don't have that big ass Mozart TX case. I'd use one of those :).

Back