Thermaltake Golden Orb (Socket 370) - $3.49

NobleX13

Supreme [H]ardness
An all-time classic is back! Brand new in box! Go go go! :D

Electronics Goldmine

G17937B.jpg

Holy shit, that thing was "the shit" back in the day. Even if it wasn't the best cooler on the market. It just looked cool at the time. :p

Watch out, they have special pricing!

Special Pricing
Buy 6 for $500.00 each

one of these with a 600 celeron that let you overclock all the way to 1Ghz. :) i felt cool when I did that and I knew that the current CPU at the time were barely beating 900mhz. hahha

I think I had a golden orb, but never used it. But I used several blue orbs to replace the HSF on a Creative GF2 GTS 32MB card and a north bridge.

Those... were the days! :(

Wow, never would have thought that any of these classics still existed BNIB.

Quite a walk down memory lane!

Oh my god!

I had an orb too back in the days!!!

I miss those days!! I had an Abit mobo and a bazooka for my little Altec speakers :)

Blast from the past.... Somebody should post this on an old 3dfx machine in the the 3dfx thread

Had one on a Pentium III 933 Mhz which I later swapped with someone for an 850 Mhz just to have fun OC'ing (0 headroom on the 933), on an Abit board which later bit the dust and I had to replace with an awful ECS that I found locally...

That was the first rig I built from the ground up too, though I had replaced or added half the parts on the previous Dell Pentium II I had. That P3 rig was a total fiasco tho, the 75GB Deathstar on it also died after about a year. I wasted a lot of money on high end parts that weren't a good value back then, 'course it wasn't really my money. :eek:

I had a 75gb deathstar too! Got the click of death!

Who remembers connecting dots on AMD athlons to unlock multipliers???

I also was such a 3dfx fan boy!!!! I had dreams of Voodoo cards!

This was the heatsink I used on the first computer I ever built! Intel Pentium III 600MHz FC-PGA on a FCPGA to Slot-1 adapters... memories.

Later it crushed that very same processors exposed core while twisting it on... woot!

Oh wow, I remember being so excited when I first got my Gorbs. Then I remember my world crashing down when I realized they wouldn't both fit on my Tiger 100. So I had one stock HSF on one slot and a Gorb on the other.

lol

I long for the time when that type of problem was the "worst thing that could happen"

WOW!

Had one of these on a Celly II 566, bumped my Abit's mobo bus speed to100MHz, and boom, the chip ran at 850MHz for years without a single other adjustment. 50% overclock with hardly any effort, by far the simplest, most effective OC of my life.

I've had many other chips since then of course, including a Q6600, i7 920, and my current 2500k. All overclocked well, but they required all sorts of finessing with voltage settings etc. to even sniff a 50% OC.

The pic of that orb brings back fond memories. ;)

Back