Thermalright XP-90C

Apparently the XP-90C is on par or marginally better than a XP-120. That's ALOT of weight to hang off a mobo, though. :eek:

CastleBravo said:
Apparently the XP-90C is on par or marginally better than a XP-120. That's ALOT of weight to hang off a mobo, though. :eek:
I already hang the big SP-97 off my board without problems, Thermalright's mounting system is superb.

I wonder if it will beat some of the cheaper water cooling solutions.

I highly doubt I'll upgrade to it, but it's still pretty cool.

Makes perfect sense that this would come out now, being that i just ordered a XP-90 yesterday.

::makes a call to svc::

selraich said:
Makes perfect sense that this would come out now, being that i just ordered a XP-90 yesterday.

If they make a XP-120C, I'd cream my pants.

Zalman CNPS7700-Cu - 918g
Zalman CNPS7700-AlCu - 600g
Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu - 755g
Cooler Master Hyper 6 - 950g

So at 690g paired with a Panaflo 110g fan, the weight is not too crazy. Although the $59.95 list price + $16-17 for a Panaflo is getting a bit crazy....

thats so beautiful I want to cry

EDIT: hey, screw that, I want a XP120C :)

selraich said:
yeah seriously... mine should be arriving today. although the new one weighs too much for my liking.

i love my XP-90,

if they made one, i wonder how much a XP-120C would weigh though

Ballz2TheWallz said:
i spit my soda out when i saw this copper beauty

I pulled a chipmunk, but it didn't get expelled because I realized it was only a 90

selraich said:

ME and you both. I just bought one of each, an XP90, and the XP120

CastleBravo said:

I own a Fanless103, 752 grams of passive cooling. The XP-90C was no weight problems.

WLDock said:
Zalman CNPS7700-Cu - 918g
Zalman CNPS7700-AlCu - 600g
Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu - 755g
Cooler Master Hyper 6 - 950g

So at 690g paired with a Panaflo 110g fan, the weight is not too crazy. Although the $59.95 list price + $16-17 for a Panaflo is getting a bit crazy....

hmm if the 7700 cu weighs at 918... a xp90c with a tornado shouldnt be that bad...

CastleBravo said:

Not with the way it's designed to mount. If it gives that good of results I may get one myself.

this review has the xp-90c holding an A64 3000+ @ 2.7ghz to under 70c @ full load with a silent 900 rpm fan

p.s. its in german, but you still get the jist =P

edit: board code is too 1337 4 me

AznAnarchy99 said:
hmm if the 7700 cu weighs at 918... a xp90c with a tornado shouldnt be that bad...

Thinking of putting an XP-90C with a Delta fan. Wonder if it would be too heavy.

CastleBravo said:

The cooling properties of the XP-90 and XP-120 are nearly the same. The only real major difference is the noise output of a 120mm fan vs a 92mm fan.

gotta think size too. there are board where the 120 is a really tight fit or doesnt fit at all, 90c would be a viable option.

I don't wanna hear about how much weight it is, it's [H]ard, and these ARE the [H]ard|Forums, right? :D C'mon now, bring on the pain! Show us some XP-120C action! :p

do i have to remove my socket 478 mobo to put the xp-90c on? if so, ill be going for the standard xp-90... i hate going through the hassle of taking everything out

pstang said:
if they made one, i wonder how much a XP-120C would weigh though
i calculated it out and if i remember it right it would be about 1300 grams.. ill re-do the calculations later

Has anyone seen any formal reviews of the XP-90C? Care to share a link?
Thanks.

going purely by volume, a copper xp-120 would weigh 1127 grams approx(if they use pure copper) but.. this also means the xp-90c is supposed to be 1000 grams.. so... calculating by mass doesnt get a good volume, OR thermalright isnt using pure copper OR thermalright changed the design
im betting it isnt pure and its some sort of alloy, because i highly doubt there is 83 cubic cm's of copper in a xp-90

AznAnarchy99 said:
do i have to remove my socket 478 mobo to put the xp-90c on? if so, ill be going for the standard xp-90... i hate going through the hassle of taking everything out

Unfortunately, you do need to remove the mobo... As for my happy self, I received my XP-90C from Heatsink Factory today and just installed it. It sure is a beauty and is much more impressive up close. Also, I must say that the backing plate used along with the retainer that is included definitely supports the weight of this monster. I can't imagine what the XP-120C would be like if it ever comes out. Anyways, I have some pics and will make them available as soon as possible... :D

AznAnarchy99 said:

ikosis said:
^ thats not very [H]ard ^

No in fact it's extremely flaccid. :eek: :p

Dude the 90 and 90c are identical in every way/shape/form save that the 90c is copper. Both of them you will have to remove the mobo to install the HSF. :)

that is one of the major reasions i will never buy another case without a removablemotherboard tray:)

Worminater said:
that is one of the major reasions i will never buy another case without a removablemotherboard tray:)

I might have to agree with that for my next purchase. I despise having to pull out a mobo when I want to work on the system.

It seems like it's closer to the xp90 rather then the xp 120. Man i wish they would make a socket lga775 hsf, i odnt wanna hve to get the adapter.

I saw the XP-90C in the beginning of this week, it sure is a beauty. Well, I currently have a SP-94 and love it. However, I wonder what will be the difference between both. I am tempted to upgrade if at least I see no difference in performance (it will be cool if it is indeed better) so that I will be "future proof" when I will do some upgrades since the XP-90 design fits all sockets while my SP-94 doesn't.

Aside this, do someone know if the XP-90 series fits with a NB-1C northbridge cooler on a Asus P4C800-E? I know my SP-94 doesn't either.

Thanks

Para

Wolf-R1 said:
No in fact it's extremely flaccid. :eek: :p

Dude the 90 and 90c are identical in every way/shape/form save that the 90c is copper. Both of them you will have to remove the mobo to install the HSF. :)

actually, doesnt the 90 install right into the regular 478 retention bracket?

Back