ThermalRight XP-120

qdemn7 said:
No only the P478 versions are shipping now, Sidewinder only has that version.

Yea, thats what thermalright said when I emailed them, but the box that board is sitting on is an amd board.

So this is really more directed at the poster of those pictures, since he would know.

Otherwise, thermalright told me that the k8 version would hit retailers this weekend.

Zyzzyva100 said:
Yea, thats what thermalright said when I emailed them, but the box that board is sitting on is an amd board.

So this is really more directed at the poster of those pictures, since he would know.

Otherwise, thermalright told me that the k8 version would hit retailers this weekend.
Sure the box is an A7N8X Deluxe, I've got one of those in the closet. But the board is NOT an A7N8X Deluxe, it's got 4 memory slots, and the Asus has only three.

Besides that, look at the rentention mechanism. That's a P4 rentention mechanism, not an A64 rentention mechanism. I've got an AK89 Max 3 feet away I just finished building tonight, and that is not a socket 754 rentention mechanism.

I'm sure Thermalright is telling us the truth. We'll see the A64 version this week, but that's not one that Aztlan has, unless I'm blind.

That in copper for Socket A would make me go :eek:

I'm not sure the motherboard could handle that weight though. Hell, I'll take that thing as is, just for Socket A.

Are there any Socket A plans?

Rizen said:
That in copper for Socket A would make me go :eek:

I'm not sure the motherboard could handle that weight though. Hell, I'll take that thing as is, just for Socket A.

Are there any Socket A plans?

Its still a copper base coated in nickel. Soft aluminum like this still conducts heat well anyway. Especially at this size, with 5 big heat pipes. The fact that its not copper even means it uses the stock retention brackets, which is really convienent.

Hopefully mine will get here soon. It was supposed to be this week, but it might be next week. I can't wait to get a nice big 120mm monster fan on it and cool my system down better then my SLK-948U (at least I hope)... :D

So... are they planning a Socket A setup?

I want to water cool but this would be a better, more affordable option.

Rizen said:
So... are they planning a Socket A setup?

I want to water cool but this would be a better, more affordable option.
No there will be no Socket A version. Socket A will be an obsolete platform in another year, so there's no reason to produce one.

qdemn7 said:
No there will be no Socket A version. Socket A will be an obsolete platform in another year, so there's no reason to produce one.
"In another year" A year is plenty of time to sell a lot of these things :rolleyes: How much extra cash would it cost to make the base fit Socket A? Probably not much at all.

Back