ThermalRight XP-120

They compared it with an SP-94 and it had similiar or better results with a good fan.

I must admit, I'm not surprised in the choice of Aluminum. It has it's advantages and you can get massive surface area to match with heatpipes in a fairly light unit.

Yeah, one of those in copper would tear up a motherboard no matter how well it was bolted on!

Drool. Why did they chrome it, though? Bare aluminum would conduct heat better. Unless that's not chrome, but silver plating. Then, double drool :D

that thing is friggin sweet!!! :eek: I MUST HAVE IT (if they make an AMD one :p )

M4d-K10wN said:
Drool. Why did they chrome it, though? Bare aluminum would conduct heat better. Unless that's not chrome, but silver plating. Then, double drool :D

i think its just polished, not chromed.

WOW, I was going to buy the SP-94 but after seeing this thread, I am going to wait for this one,

I was running my p4 2.4C cpu with a swiftech MCX462-U™ heatsink with artic silver 5, and when I push it to 3.3 ghz, I get 45-49 degrees C at idle temperatures (49 degrees C when weather is hot)

right now i have the cpu on stock until i get a better heatsink

hopefully is released soon, I can wait though

Great. Was getting a little tired of Zalman CNPS. I was one step away from plunging back to H2O. This will prevent me for few more months at least again. That 120mm's gotta cool the M/B really well too :)

im almost positive that wont even fit in my case :(

too much shiot around it.

A copper one would be rather scary, if the mobo is mounted vertically. A lot of weight, to be sure. I wonder how it would perform with a mobo laid out parallel to the ground?

Rumor has it, this will be for sale by the end of this month!

I do wish that they would make a copper baseplate, or even go so far as to have copper heatpipes :p .

You guys sure this cooler isn't for the new Socket 775 P4's? It looks too big for Socket 478... What do you think?

Why would they nickel plate the aluminium? Nickel has less then half the thermal conductivity of aluminium.

I dont think I see that fitting in an AMD system. PSU will be in the way.

Unless you system is laying on a table :p

@ mcryptic
Nickel plating is to preserve the material from tarnishing or getting rust

and according to this review, there is not much difference between nickel and copper when cpu is at full load
http://www.cluboverclocker.com/reviews/heatsinks/neng_tyi/coppernickel/

@Jondbold, there are no reviews yet

@Josh_Hayes, the heatsink is for 478 pin P4's is clearly stated in both articles
mostly in the systemcooling article since they install it on a 478 motherboard

@RancidWAnnaRIot
i'll say is for active cooling since the heatsink is for overclocking

yea in the first article it said the base and heatpipes are nickel-plated copper.

I'm not satisfied until every fan in my case is 120mm... finally my dream can be realized.

I wonder if that incredibly gaudy ASUS jet-like cooler (See VR-Zone's computex coverage) will give this one a good run.

Naw.. this 120mm beast is out of control! Now if they would just make a copper one...

that jet turbine is out of control i don't see that being safe with the mobo vertical. Cool to see motherboard makers getting into hsf/market

I rember seeing specs somewhere for a 120m delta fan that Integrated 2 counter rotating
high cfm style fans in one housing but it wasn't available to the public because of demand
and db output(put tornado's to shame).
Maybe this will solve the demand part of that problem
ps does anybody have a link to that beast? :D
edit
http://www.delta.com.tw/products/dcfans/pdf/GFB120120762.pdf
220cfm@59db, 2.65amp, 570g, hmmmm :p

_G_ said:
I rember seeing specs somewhere for a 120m delta fan that Integrated 2 counter rotating
high cfm style fans in one housing but it wasn't available to the public because of demand
and db output(put tornado's to shame).
Maybe this will solve the demand part of that problem
ps does anybody have a link to that beast? :D
edit
http://www.delta.com.tw/products/dcfans/pdf/GFB120120762.pdf
220cfm@59db, 2.65amp, 570g, hmmmm :p

Yeah... but will it shred chickens?

Back