• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Thermalright backplate removal...

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Nov 17, 2000
Messages
6,004
I am swaping motherboard and reliazed the backplate to my TRUE is stuck to the back of my Abit board. What is the best way to go about getting this off? Is there a place I can order a new back plate from?
 
hairdryer on low or medium warm the whole thing up then start at one end and keep warming while you use a popsickle stick or something wooden and lay it on the board to protect the board and then very carefully and slowly use a screwdrier (use the wooden thing under the screwdriver so when you pry up the screwdriver does not damage the board) and staring at one edge pry the backplate off.

It will peel right off and more than likely still be sticky enough to use again.
 
Thanks guys, I'm gonna give it a shot. My board should be here Friday and I can't wait!
 
Back
Top