Thermal Risk

No, it definitely wasn't that. I still kind of feel it, it's a very very very faint smell of rotten eggs but it's there. Ventilated rooms when I felt it, moved UPS to another room but I can still feel it, what to do? It'd be way past OSHA 8 hours limit exposure if it is, what do I have, 16 hours so far?

The way I see it you have two options

1) move and leave everything behind
2) find a good psychiatrist

Sorry but I cant imagine this odor that’s transforming from rotten eggs to plastic is anything other than you mind playing tricks on itself.

Time for me to unsubscribe from this thread, as entertaining as it’s been.

Hard to get, but not impossible. So you say there is a chance?

But let's assume no fire or laser at all, what changes?

And what does he mean, I've been trying to crack it, I don't know what FrgMstr is alluding to?
Dude, I'm pretty sure you're gonna die even without the UPS... There's a good chance that you will set off a micro nuclear detonation, by splitting the atoms in your asshole and you will explode all over the room and then melt off the walls from the gastro radiation.

Seriously... This discussion is still going on?

I have a UPS in every room in my house except the kitchen, one bedroom and my bathrooms. I haven't died yet. That's 6 deployed UPS/AVR Units. I have had 3 units fail over the years and I have replaced the SLA batteries in all 3 and they are back in service.

You're probably gonna be alright. But if for some reason you're not, good chance you end up giving yourself cancer with those lasers before your home explodes from the UPS devices.

Last edited:
Dude, I'm pretty sure you're gonna die even without the UPS... There's a good chance that you will set off a micro nuclear detonation, by splitting the atoms in your asshole and you will explode all over the room and then melt off the walls from the gastro radiation.

Seriously... This discussion is still going on?

I have a UPS in every room in my house except the kitchen, one bedroom and my bathrooms. I haven't died yet. That's 6 deployed UPS/AVR Units. I have had 3 units fail over the years and I have replaced the SLA batteries in all 3 and they are back in service.

You're probably gonna be alright. But if for some reason you're not, good chance you end up giving yourself cancer with those lasers before your home explodes from the UPS devices.

And yet there are still chances of his home exploding. If he has natural gas or imbalanced septic system, or just eats too much taco bell. There is always an explosion possibility even if slim

And yet there are still chances of his home exploding. If he has natural gas or imbalanced septic system, or just eats too much taco bell. There is always an explosion possibility even if slim
Don't even get me started... if he has a White Castle nearby he might get all backed up and have an explosion weeks later with the same taste and smell... damn sliders...

Fire damage is more likely to happen to me in my case as we have constant power anomalies and outages, about a hundred a month. I might need to extend the wires quite a bit and relocate the batteries into the bathroom as it's just around the corner. Nothing to burn in a tiled bathroom.
IMG_20221204_220340.jpg

Ever heard of the placebo effect? You can very well be tricking yourself into smelling something you aren't.

Why is this thread still open?, I gave my opinion as a professional Chemist with a IH management background. This risk is really nonexistent here.

OP has already grown additional limbs from all the toxic gasses and excessive non-ionizing radiation from his phone!

The saga continues, let me update you guys.

There is a smell of rotten eggs, but it was some pipe, wroking on that now. Now, the UPS is not being used as of now, instead I got an AVR, automatic voltage regulator BUT....I mean, there is still an odd smell from it.
Now this thing, has lots of vents on top right, and I know it has no battery so no H2S buildup BUT BUT, there is a weird smell of hot burning plastic (which is obvious, it's being used) I just don't like it, it got me kinda dizzy if I have to be honest, hard to breathe and there's this smell of blood-iron somewhere, I can feel it.
So I have traded one smell for another.

I've turned it off, not using it and my main PC the smell of burning plastic isn't there obviously, but the smell to blood is there, now my current theory is this:
Long, days long exposure has led the VOC on the AVR to release due to heat, suffering from short term intoxication which has led to sinus like symptoms, blood smell literal blood on my nose. Dangerous.

This thread gets dumber and dumber as time goes on. You really should get out of the tech sector and maybe consider a safe career.

The saga continues, let me update you guys.
*✂️
Maybe time to get someone to sniff around the computer room to confirm the smell?

For your sinus issues, it wouldn't hurt to use a good quality sinus rinse like NeilMed or Xclear (I think Xclear is the better of the two).

Hope you can sort it out soon.

Back