The Witcher

Looks like the EE content patch is available:

Link

Also, the FAQ for the content patch (and a more straight forward access to the files).

Just a quick reminder for those of us with the UK import version of the game - be sure to download the UK / Great Britain language file.

Anyways, let the good times roll. I'm pretty eager to try out those new adventures Price of Neutrality (released a while ago, but I never played it) and Side Effects, plus go down the Scoia'tael path this time around.

Thanks for the link.

Yeah, I'm going to play The Price of Neutrality and Side Effects then play down the Scoia'tael path too. I went down the Knights path last time.

I've played this for a bit and what I've seen so far is great. The dialog has definitely been reworked as well as much faster load times and no bugs encountered so far. Excelent game so far and I'm glad that I bought this game. It's refreshing when a company actually releases a polished and excelent product.

For those of you frustrated and unable to download today because of the overload, Fileshack has it. If you're not a subscriber you wait in line and have limited download speed. But it works. Takes a little over an hour to download on a lan connection.

For those of you frustrated and unable to download today because of the overload, Fileshack has it. If you're not a subscriber you wait in line and have limited download speed. But it works. Takes a little over an hour to download on a lan connection.

Awesome. I've been looking for a good alternate link.

I'm in the 4th Chapter right now; is it worth starting all over again to experience the changes the earlier parts of the game? Or do you recommend finishing it from where I am? I've beaten the game once before.

I had an OEM copy of the game from the old Newegg promo. No CD key anywhere of course. DIdn't realize one was needed until I go to apply the EE patch. Had to email Atari, they actually got back to me quickly with a key (within 2 hrs), then I did the online registration you have to complete.

Now I'm waiting for the 1 GB patch to be applied. It gives you a message that it may take 2 hours to complete! Then I have to apply the English language pack which is another 500MB file, then the blood patch which is small.

Hopefully the game rocks like you guys say! :)

I had an OEM copy of the game from the old Newegg promo. No CD key anywhere of course. DIdn't realize one was needed until I go to apply the EE patch. Had to email Atari, they actually got back to me quickly with a key (within 2 hrs), then I did the online registration you have to complete.
Yeah, I had to do the same and am currently waiting for a reply. I've had the game installed for about a month but decided to hold off playing it until the EE patch was released.

Loving the new content. A great game made even better. Well done to CD Projekt for such great support.

Be sure to read the FAQ especially if you have a WIndows XP x64. It doesn't specifically mention Vista 64 so not sure if they mean that OS also.

FWIW, I had absolutely no problems installing the patch on Vista x64 without using compatibility mode.

It almost restores my faith in the human race to see what CDP did. Many other companies would not look after their customers like this. CDP let us download basically every single perk, except for the obvious physical goodies like the box, etc. Hats off to them!

Oh, and EE seems to be running even more smoothly, with even better graphics. Brilliant!

Since I know Polish, I went and downloaded their Polish language pack (you can install whatever language packs you want, even after patching) and am using English subtitles in case anything sounds unclear to me. It's definitely nice hearing the story in its native language; pretty much like watching a foreign film with subs.

Oh, and EE seems to be running even more smoothly, with even better graphics. Brilliant!

Definitely agree, I was quite surprised how much more smoothly it was running because I wasn't expecting any improvements in that area. Makes a nice change.

Is there any fix for us creative X-fi owners? Installing all patches including the english voice pack the game crashes if I try to start with full hardware acceleration... lowering to standard but then I loose EAX effects... Worse though is that there is lot of distortion going on particularly the voices are of horrendous quality :(.

Otherwise what camera do you recommend? OTS, low or high isometric

Have any of you used this patch from this site to uncensor the US verson? This file is supposed to get the US censored version of the game to be the same as the european uncensored version, with all the nudity and all the cool finishing moves added back into the game.

Has any one tried this out yet???
http://www.thewitcherworld.com/downloads.php

Have any of you used this patch from this site to uncensor the US verson? This file is supposed to get the US censored version of the game to be the same as the european uncensored version, with all the nudity and all the cool finishing moves added back into the game.

Has any one tried this out yet???
http://www.thewitcherworld.com/downloads.php

I love the disclaimer
WARNING: Do NOT download this if you are under 18 years old. Not only will the Uptight Puritans in the American Government be seriously annoyed with you...

Is there any fix for us creative X-fi owners? Installing all patches including the english voice pack the game crashes if I try to start with full hardware acceleration... lowering to standard but then I loose EAX effects... Worse though is that there is lot of distortion going on particularly the voices are of horrendous quality :(.

Otherwise what camera do you recommend? OTS, low or high isometric

My X-Fi Gamer is problematic in most games. Popping sounds and so forth. I swear my Audigy 2 was more reliable. I haven't got the crashes you are talking about though.

The game runs smooth as a babies bottom. Looks as if the engine has been optimised to the max.

Yes it runs smooth it´s just the audio... especially for my rear speakers it seems... As for the popping I had it on my old xtrememusic... Bad capacitators I think. My Elite PRO have better and so far no such issues. have had it for a year approx

Yes it runs smooth it´s just the audio... especially for my rear speakers it seems... As for the popping I had it on my old xtrememusic... Bad capacitators I think. My Elite PRO have better and so far no such issues. have had it for a year approx

Not sure if you're on Vista? But if you are, have you tried Creative's Alchemy application? It mentions The Witcher in the readme. http://support.creative.com/Product... Blaster&prodID=14064&prodName=X-Fi+Elite+Pro

It restores 3D audio and EAX® effects for certain DirectSound®3D games in Microsoft® Windows Vista®. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.

Added support for the following games:
Beyond Good & Evil
City of Heroes
City of Villains
Peter Jackson's King Kong
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Star Wars® Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
The Witcher
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne
Universe at War: Earth Assault
Warhammer®: Mark of Chaos
Fixes:

Enables the DirectSound3D game audio to be processed by your Sound Blaster audio device to deliver EAX effects, 3D audio spatialization, sample rate conversion and hardware audio mixing. Without this, most DirectSound3D games will be reduced to stereo output without any EAX effects.
Improves 3D audio processing for host-based Sound Blaster audio devices.

How about this uncensor mod, has anyone tried it...

"I stumbled across this yesterday: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17192

It may seem extremely shiesty, but if you email the link there [email protected], it will kick an email back to your address with the download link included.

Others in the thread have commented that it works well, and while I'm too busy destroying lives in the swamp to check the sex cards, I can confirm that it seems to add more death animations."

This is from someone on another forum. He says he can confirm it adds more death animations and this is what Im looking for. I dont have the game yet but it on its way from Amazon and thats why Im tring to fugure out how to get my US version uncensored befor I gets here. I have heard the uncensored version has more cool finishing moves.

I also have the issue where the game hard crashes to desktop if i check the EAX box in sound options. This is most unpleasant

Great game so far, just started playing after beating Warhead the other night.

My only issue is heavy pixelation during cutscenes / dialogue. I've tried to force AA / AF through nhancer as suggested on the official forum, but no dice. Anyone else have a similar display error?

My only issue is heavy pixelation during cutscenes / dialogue. I've tried to force AA / AF through nhancer as suggested on the official forum, but no dice. Anyone else have a similar display error?

I think that's the depth of field processing rather than a texture problem.

Yeah it's fun so far, I'm just about 5 hrs in. Does anyone have a confirmed working uncensoring patch? I used the one TWCF.exe from somewhere, and it doesn't seem to do much. Very little blood and no nudity. I want the full game as intended, not a watered down version that the rest of the world gets outside the US.

Any links that are confirmed to work would be great.

How about this uncensor mod, has anyone tried it...

"I stumbled across this yesterday: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17192

It may seem extremely shiesty, but if you email the link there [email protected], it will kick an email back to your address with the download link included.

Others in the thread have commented that it works well, and while I'm too busy destroying lives in the swamp to check the sex cards, I can confirm that it seems to add more death animations."

This is from someone on another forum. He says he can confirm it adds more death animations and this is what Im looking for. I dont have the game yet but it on its way from Amazon and thats why Im tring to fugure out how to get my US version uncensored befor I gets here. I have heard the uncensored version has more cool finishing moves.

Wow, this is probably the greatest uncensor mod made for The Witcher.

Has anybody purchased the enhanced version on steam? I was thinking about doing it but I heard the game size is ridiculously huge.

Great game so far, just started playing after beating Warhead the other night.

You cant run 16:10 resolutions, or you will get that pixelation. I had the same problem. I had to drop down from 1920x1200 to 1920x1080 (16:9) and that fixed that problem. Also (4:3) resolutiosn seem to not have the issue either.

Hope that helps :)

On a side note, does this uncensored patch work with the new version of the witcher, the enhanced edition? If I install it do I risk having any issues or dumbing down textures? Anyone who has used this on the EE I would appriciate your input!

You cant run 16:10 resolutions, or you will get that pixelation. I had the same problem. I had to drop down from 1920x1200 to 1920x1080 (16:9) and that fixed that problem. Also (4:3) resolutiosn seem to not have the issue either.

Hope that helps :)

On a side note, does this uncensored patch work with the new version of the witcher, the enhanced edition? If I install it do I risk having any issues or dumbing down textures? Anyone who has used this on the EE I would appriciate your input!
Hmm thats really lame, hopefully that is something they patch up really soon. I hate playing games out of my monitors native resolution.

Uh... I never had pixelation while running the game at 1920x1200. I played the game for a whole month when it was released & had zero issues.

I used to have the pixelation as well (1680x1050), until I forced AF to 16x through the NVIDIA Control Panel.

You said it didn't work for you, though... odd.

Maybe your drivers? Try the 177.92's. (x64)

Wow, this is probably the greatest uncensor mod made for The Witcher.

Looks like it works, playing the bik files in the Data folder is different in a good way now, and they say the gore is unlocked as well. I haven't tried it yet on the game itself yet. Will try later today.

Best method is to get the UK version :) I first played the game with the US version but now I'll go through a 2nd time totally uncensored & enhanced.

Looks like it works, playing the bik files in the Data folder is different in a good way now, and they say the gore is unlocked as well. I haven't tried it yet on the game itself yet. Will try later today.

It does work. Tried it. It's great. I think there was something about a vampire that isn't as nude as the EU version (I dunno I'm not there yet), but the dryad is definitely naked.

Not sure of the dialogue, but the battles are definitely bloodier and a couple extra finishing moves, I believe.

Has anybody purchased the enhanced version on steam? I was thinking about doing it but I heard the game size is ridiculously huge.

Yeah, I bought it on Steam it is a big download though. 14.4GB of stuff to download... took me around 35 hours to download however if you got a faster connection with the steam servers you could get in in as little as 8 hours or so.

It does work. Tried it. It's great. I think there was something about a vampire that isn't as nude as the EU version (I dunno I'm not there yet), but the dryad is definitely naked.

Not sure of the dialogue, but the battles are definitely bloodier and a couple extra finishing moves, I believe.

Good to hear. Thanks for letting me know.

im tryng to find in in steam and i cant?! can someone please give me the link?
Ive tried searching Witcher and Enhanced and i get nothing :(

open the steam store. its on the homepage where it shows the latest release.

Back