The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Official Thread

Nein. This is what we need:

Make it happen CDPR!

2Srb.jpg

I'd trade a kidney for this.

l6qeYhB.jpg

I'd love to see CdProjekt tackle the Elric series in a video game.

Great fantasy series if you never read it.

Never thought I would get into this series, but I was wrong.

Currently watching the witcher 1 movie on YouTube (3 hours long)

And just installed the witcher 2 enhanced edition with FOV Mod and full combat rebalance 2 mod

The Witcher series is pretty good as far as the "writing" goes. Not epic, but convincing enough that I don't want to put it down in disgust, unlike almost any other title with a "storyline" nowadays (and before).

Can't believe it's already releasing next month. 2015 is just whisking by. I wonder how accurate the "200 hours" estimation is from one of the developers. It'll be a pleasure to find out.

Terrorschnitzel ‏@Ryldux Mar 29
@Bacon_is_life How long is the game ( including side quests)

Damien Monnier
@Ryldux mmmm hard to say, if you do everything I d say 200+ hours.

https://twitter.com/Bacon_is_life/status/582276508556869632

The Witcher series is pretty good as far as the "writing" goes. Not epic, but convincing enough that I don't want to put it down in disgust, unlike almost any other title with a "storyline" nowadays (and before).

Yeah, by modern gaming standards, the overall writing is excellent. Nothing really bad, but nothing that makes our jaws drop either.

I know I keep checking the site And there are never any updates.

i am hoping shortly after the release of Witcher 3, their marketing focus shifts to Cyberpunk, i can fully understand them keeping it under wraps until after witcher 3 is out so it does not draw any focus away from that release.

i am hoping shortly after the release of Witcher 3, their marketing focus shifts to Cyberpunk, i can fully understand them keeping it under wraps until after witcher 3 is out so it does not draw any focus away from that release.

This is exactly what I'm waiting for too. I'll still grab TW3, but I far more interested in Cyberpunk. **Drools a little bit...**

I wonder how the controls are going to work. Dark Souls really changed the genre by focusing on the top triggers instead of the face buttons. When I revisited the Witcher 2, I ended up changing the buttons to approximate that and I think it works better even if it wasn't the intended layout.
I'm sure they'll allow us to re-map the buttons, but I'm curious if they'll go with the Souls controller layout by default.

Granted it's only opinion, but it's one of the only ways you can use the right stick and attack at the same time. As long as you action buttons are on the face of the controller, you have to choose one or the other.

What platform is that on? Granted, there's always going to be IQ loss due to video compression, but that didn't look nearly as impressive as I was hoping.

I was wondering the same thing, I couldnt find anywhere that said what platform its on but i was watching without sound and just reading the video description.

I am very curious how the game will run on a 980 @ 1440

That video was on the pc with a mix of High and ultar settings according to an IGN guy and twitter.

Also that map looks huge, and a lot more varied then I expected.

Glad to see the water isn't simply going to be something "off to the side" or an "afterthought" they threw in there but looks like it takes up a decent part of the map.

I pulled the trigger on GOG with hola.

Witcher 1, 2, 3 + 3 expansion pass for $31

I likely would not have bought it at all and just made my friend give me one of his 970 witcher 3 codes, so they ended up getting money out of me after all.

I likely would not have bought it at all and just made my friend give me one of his 970 witcher 3 codes, so they ended up getting money out of me after all.

That is one hell of a deal.

how did you get it for that cheap?

how did you get it for that cheap?

Hola Plugin for firefox, with it set to browse from Ukraine.

You need to clear your GOG cookies if you have visited it from a US ip, in order for the price to adjust to the Ukraine price.

at check out you choose paypal, then proceed and when it goes to paypal site you just disable hola, and it will refresh to paypals main page just go back and it will let you continue to pay with paypal so you do not actually make the payment on paypals site from ukraine.

Hola Plugin for firefox, with it set to browse from Ukraine.

You need to clear your GOG cookies if you have visited it from a US ip, in order for the price to adjust to the Ukraine price.

nice. this Hola proxy plugin? wondering if its the same one that chrome has called hola.

going to try this when I get home

nice. this Hola proxy plugin? wondering if its the same one that chrome has called hola.

going to try this when I get home

It should be the same one, just make sure you delete your GOG cookies before going to the site so it pulls the proper prices for you.

piracy, 2015. sorry man, there is just something wrong about pretending to be from a poor region so you can get 2/3 off.

piracy, 2015. sorry man, there is just something wrong about pretending to be from a poor region so you can get 2/3 off.

This. And if you're gonna go down that road, I dunno maybe keep it to yourself rather than announcing you got one over on a goodguy developer like its some badge of honor.

If it was just UBI/EA/Activision's latest copy-paste title of the week, okay, whatever. But this game is of the extremely rare kind that actually deserves the support.

Last edited:
I am sure they are just happy they got paid something vs nothing, like if i made one of my friends give me one of their 970 promo codes which was the original plan.

The badge of honor comment is funny tho as no one mentally sane thinks like that.

I facilitated the war in the Ukraine so i can get these prices. :rolleyes:

I am sure they are just happy they got paid something vs nothing, like if i made one of my friends give me one of their 970 promo codes which was the original plan.

The badge of honor comment is funny tho as no one mentally sane thinks like that.

All good, man. It wasnt a personal attack despite my tendency toward shithead posts. It was really more the Reddit horde that I had in mind which your post and screenshot triggered. We all have our lines in the sand I guess.

For me I guess I don't say no to a 25% Greenmangaming discount code, but I'll stop there and won't do a VPN activation into eastern Europe. Maybe I'm a hypocrite. Probably a hypocrite. Definitely a hypocrite.

Last edited:
Witcher 3 expansion pass? Wth is that

Description:

About: The Expansion Pass secures your access to two epic adventures set in the vibrant world of monster hunter Geralt of Rivia.

Hearts of Stone will take Geralt on an all-new 10-hour adventure into the wilds of No Man’s Land and the nooks and alleys of Oxenfurt, where he’ll try to complete a contract from the mysterious Man of Glass. Caught in a thick tangle of deceit, Geralt will need all his cunning and strength to solve the mystery and emerge unscathed.

Blood and Wine, a 20-hour tale that will introduce the all-new in-game region of Toussaint, will take Geralt to a land untainted by war, where an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual masks an ancient, bloody secret.

The upcoming expansions will offer gamers new content, gear and foes, and will feature characters both new and dearly missed -- all crafted with maximum attention to detail and quality.

The release timeline is, October for Hearts of Stone, and early/spring 2016 for Blood and Wine.

If that's the release eta than we will definitely see some good sales on those

White knights Star Citizen - too cheap to pay a real developer for a real game.

:(

Back