The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings ann.

wow dude, those screens look compelling

WabeWalker's criticism of this game is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gonna be so far off the mark, it'll be like the distance between Earth and Pluto on the scale.

wow dude, those screens look compelling

WabeWalker's criticism of this game is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gonna be so far off the mark, it'll be like the distance between Earth and Pluto on the scale.

Um, I'm hoping this game will be good. I don't hope for bad games.

I would feel somewhat conflicted if that statement turned out to be true, since Elder Scroll games have typically been the best single player experiences on PC's . . . . .

I would feel somewhat conflicted if that statement turned out to be true, since Elder Scroll games have typically been the best single player experiences on PC's . . . . .

Oh my god... we... agree.

But the truth is they're not the same type of RPG. The Witcher is about Geralt and his story. The Elder Scrolls games are more about exploration, and the story is more about the land and the people rather than the character.

Hopefully, two memorable RPGs.

since Elder Scroll games have typically been the best single player experiences on PC's . . . . .

And considering just how shitty recent Elder of Scrolls games are, that tells you much the PC platform has degraded.

I loved daggerfall and morrowind but oblivion blew, I have little hope for Skyrm.

Oh my god... we... agree.

But the truth is they're not the same type of RPG. The Witcher is about Geralt and his story. The Elder Scrolls games are more about exploration, and the story is more about the land and the people rather than the character.

Hopefully, two memorable RPGs.

And considering just how shitty recent Elder of Scrolls games are, that tells you much the PC platform has degraded.

I loved daggerfall and morrowind but oblivion blew, I have little hope for Skyrm.

If Skyrim is like Oblivion I can see The Witcher 2 beating it out for the RPG crown this year. Granted I haven't played either game, obviously ;) Just basing that on the previous games.

Wow, just....simply....wow, those screenshots are amazing! I have full faith that CD Projekt's dedication to PC gaming will pay off huge, just you wait and see. This game is going to raise and set the bar high.

Witcher2 will be great and I will buy it for sure but it does not give me the thrill as the waiting for Skyrim which will be open world and that is what makes it so special to me.

The only thing in those screens that looks even close to poor is the guy off to the right in the second image, with the cereal box hat. I'm completely gay for typography too, and their typeface gives me an erection.

I really hope I can afford a new GPU in time to be able to replay the first before this comes out.

The only thing in those screens that looks even close to poor is the guy off to the right in the second image, with the cereal box hat. I'm completely gay for typography too, and their typeface gives me an erection.

I really hope I can afford a new GPU in time to be able to replay the first before this comes out.

Notice the claw hand on on the second to the last pic, too.

As far as typography goes, are you referring to the subtitles or the map?

I loved the first Witcher. It starts off slow at first but if you give it a chance, the story and gameplay pulls you in. Hopefull the new combat changes don't ruin the game.

If Skyrim is like Oblivion I can see The Witcher 2 beating it out for the RPG crown this year. Granted I haven't played either game, obviously ;) Just basing that on the previous games.

Not a chance there's way too much advertising money behind multiplatform rpgs for a pc only Witcher 2 to win.

There has been one recent Elder Scrolls game (and even that was 5 years ago) and to call it shitty is a gross overstatement. It was not what its predecessor was, but it certainly wasn't on the level of garbage like DA2.

Notice the claw hand on on the second to the last pic, too.

As far as typography goes, are you referring to the subtitles or the map?

Do they not use the same? I meant the subtitles, but if it's a bespoke typeface I guess the map text is the same.

That's medium difficulty ;) No idea on the GFX. Also, the screens might not even be from the laptop. Who knows?

Last edited:
That's medium difficulty ;) No idea on the GFX. Also, the screens might not even be from the laptop. Who knows?

I know because it's written right in the text ;)

I druga łyżka - optymalizacja. Gram z frapsem włączonym i nie wychodzę poza 25 klatek za sekundę, mimo tego, że finalnie ustawiłem w opcjach detale na średnie. Te średnie wyglądają lepiej niż najlepsze w innych grach tego typu, ale czuje się brak płynności, przynajmniej na tym tutaj komputerze. Może dlatego, że to Radeon, a nie nVidia?

Ehh if only he didn't choose to play it on laptop.

^Doesn't matter. It's a pre-release built which doesn't look all that great no matter what will you play it on.

Anyway:

- Geralt isn't 100% done yet
- combat needs additional tweaks
- economy needs to be tweaked
- the interface might be changed
- Alt-tabbing is crushing this pre-release build
- "Is it me or does this game just look beautiful?" - direct quote
- you can interact with all NPC's (e.g. small talk, intimidating)
- while interacting with NPC, the camera's dynamic, meaning you can zoom in/out rotate all you want. You're not force to just stare at NPC's face at point blank.
- I'm guessing the combat got a bit more difficult and complex in this one. The first fight he got himself into ended in Geralt's death. On medium difficulty. Now, here's some for the DnD fans out there. Apparently each combat move the player makes is being recorded. This appears to be an additional feature, or a starting help book at the beginning of the game, not sure. While engaged, a small pop-up window appears in the corner of the screen with stats on each hit the player makes, and how effective the attacks are. This could come in handy.
- there should be more armor choices and just more items in general when compared to W1
- Character abilities consist of: swordsmanship, alchemy, magic and witcher abilities
- possible time restricted quests

two full size screens plus inventory:
http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/8/9396/z9396058O.jpg - city
http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/5/9396/z9396065O.jpg - city
http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/8/9396/z9396318O.jpg - inventory

I think I've figured out an interesting fact about the story just from that, but I'll be keeping it to myself. I could be wrong anyway.

I don't think he enabled AF judging from those screenshots. Textures are extremely blurry at a medium distance.

Those screenshots (2 posts above) honestly don't look any better than anything from the first game. Strange.

When they say they are "tweaking the combat," do they mean it will actually be, well, fun this time? I hated the combat in the original so much that I couldn't keep playing it I was so bored.

i'd imagine the basic mechanichs are done and it just needs to be balaced.
Posted via Mobile Device

When they say they are "tweaking the combat," do they mean it will actually be, well, fun this time? I hated the combat in the original so much that I couldn't keep playing it I was so bored.

I have to admit to not being the biggest fan of part 1's combat, either.

I really do hope that this game comes out in much better form out the gate than the first game originally did or this love fest I'm seeing in this thread is going to suddenly turn into something that makes Crysis 2 discussions look like a Sunday school picnic.

The first game's combat seemed shitty at first. As soon as I hit chapter 2 and got more abilites and started to encounter more varied enemies in a single group I thought it was fine. The single click timing left you free to focus on quick-switching stances, popping off bombs and dodging and so on.

Back