The Wii U Thread (that doesn't suck)

• Thread starter Deleted member 83233
  • Start date
cause NOA

Just to clarify NOA stands for Nintendo of America?

With a packaging forward service I could get the UK bundle but its going to cost between 60-75 euro in addition to ship it. Not worth it.

Just to clarify NOA stands for Nintendo of America?

With a packaging forward service I could get the UK bundle but its going to cost between 60-75 euro in addition to ship it. Not worth it.

You are right on the NoA thing.

Definitely not worth it considering Wii U (and 3DS) are region locked.

How the hell has the Netflix app STILL not been updated to support profiles? The friggen Wii Netflix app had this simplest of features.. Yet here we are in 2015 and the Wii U version still doesn't have it.

Just beat Lego City Undercover main story and I'm only 29% game completion. This is a completionists nightmare.

I've been debating trading in my Xbox One for a Wii U (or a 3DS) for a while now. I feel that a Wii U would compliment my PS4 better as it doesn't share as many games with it as the Xbox One does. After seeing the open world Zelda game I was very intrigued. Has everyone else been enjoying their Wii U? I'd probably pick up MK8, Smash, and Super Mario with it for the time being.

I've been debating trading in my Xbox One for a Wii U (or a 3DS) for a while now. I feel that a Wii U would compliment my PS4 better as it doesn't share as many games with it as the Xbox One does. After seeing the open world Zelda game I was very intrigued. Has everyone else been enjoying their Wii U? I'd probably pick up MK8, Smash, and Super Mario with it for the time being.

You'd have to be a pretty jaded gamer to not enjoy a Wii U at this point. The only people who probably wouldn't like it are 12 year olds who enjoy screaming racists things and insulting your mother while totally pwning you on Call Of Duty..

You'd have to be a pretty jaded gamer to not enjoy a Wii U at this point. The only people who probably wouldn't like it are 12 year olds who enjoy screaming racists things and insulting your mother while totally pwning you on Call Of Duty..

LOL

Coffee blew from my nose, thank you....

Can't agree more with this.

There is a high replay value on Nintendo's games and you should have immense fun with quite a few of them for nostalgia reasons and also for general fun.

I dunno, I'm a 12 year old racist and have been having a blast with my wii u on smash bros 4.

I haven't had time to hop on the store lately. Any new throwback sales since the Metroid one? Just want to make sure I don't miss something good while I have no time to play.

x3dfaceplatedvus4.jpg

Fuck you, North America
- Love, NOA

Got my GameCube Adapter delivered.. While it wasn't the official one, or even the MayFlash one.. It works.. Seems like a generic China clone of it.. Either way.. It works perfect in Virtual Wii using Nintendont as my GameCube loader through USB Loader GX.. Just gotta enable HID devices in the Nintendont options. This rules.. 3 consoles in one with native controller support for each one. GameCube, Wii, and Wii U..

I finally opened crown world in SMW3DL (that name is far too long). The first few worlds were interesting but too easy. I do not have that complaint with the second half of the game.

Time to put that one down for a while and start unlocking things in smash

I finally opened crown world in SMW3DL (that name is far too long). The first few worlds were interesting but too easy. I do not have that complaint with the second half of the game.

Time to put that one down for a while and start unlocking things in smash

2nd half Mario is True Mario.
That one stage where you chase the flag pole was so good. Seriously, that game was too easy for too long. They need to turn the heat up sooner next time.

Very cute way to review it. Gotta hand it to Kotaku. I bought this game and its delightful. People complaining about using the Wii U gamepad I mean come on its part of the experience of the console. Its worth playing if you enjoy Kirby games. Take a break from your super awesome display and go low fi for a bit. It won't hurt you to do so and enjoy a game purely for its gameplay.

Especially for $40.

My biggest gripe and why I returned my first win u.

Have a 5000 dollar projector and I'm playing the thing like my 3ds. Oh well. Better than the endless fps and zombie games on ps4

Very cute way to review it. Gotta hand it to Kotaku. I bought this game and its delightful. People complaining about using the Wii U gamepad I mean come on its part of the experience of the console. Its worth playing if you enjoy Kirby games. Take a break from your super awesome display and go low fi for a bit. It won't hurt you to do so and enjoy a game purely for its gameplay.

Especially for $40.

Interesting takes, but I'm with Godmachine. My Wii U is attached to what I think is a really nice 65" plasma that's been calibrated. It's a great TV. But my mantra has always been games > everything else. If it's fun, then presentation is drops to the bottom of the priority list. I'm a guy that still plays old 8-bit Commodore games. They aren't pretty by today's standards but I enjoy them because of the experience they provide.

I'll be picking up the new Kirby game. I've never played one before but I posted a gameplay video a few weeks ago. Looks like fun and I really liked the atmosphere.

Especially for $40.

Is it hard? I'm waiting for Nintendo to take the gloves off and make something that is a bit challenging.

Is it hard? I'm waiting for Nintendo to take the gloves off and make something that is a bit challenging.

The review linked earlier said it is not at all hard unless you try to get all the stuff on every level.

So even though I own a physical copy (thank god) I decided to check up on the Pikmin 3 situation. This game in its physical form is in super rare mode..

There are only 3 available on Amazon at $96 a pop

Plenty on Ebay but all are selling from about $70-$90+

No Gamestop within 100 miles of me has any in stock

No Best Buy has it

Target has no copies

So even though I own a physical copy (thank god) I decided to check up on the Pikmin 3 situation. This game in its physical form is in super rare mode..

I don't know why it's so expensive. It didn't seem like THAT impressive of a game.

I don't know why it's so expensive. It didn't seem like THAT impressive of a game.

It's actually a really great puzzler with awesome boss fights.

And it's one of the most beautiful games on Wii U also

Nintendo keeps finding new ways to make less money, taking games like Pikmin 3 out of production is one of those ways :p

Broke down and got Bayonetta 2 just now. Was gonna keep waiting for a sale somewhere, but whatevs -- already know it's worth full price.

Broke down and got Bayonetta 2 just now. Was gonna keep waiting for a sale somewhere, but whatevs -- already know it's worth full price.

you get the disc version? you get the first one with it.

VERY FUN GAMES

Yeah, I got the disc version ^_^

Played Bayonetta 1 on PS3 a couple years back but never finished it. Can't wait to play it at 60FPS and without screen tear!

Would've bought Smash Bros, but I'll wait until price on the Gamecube adapter goes back down to MSRP. Might pick up Xenoblade for Wii instead.

Last edited:

There are only 3 available on Amazon at $96 a pop

Plenty on Ebay but all are selling from about $70-$90+

No Gamestop within 100 miles of me has any in stock

No Best Buy has it

Target has no copies

Wow, now I feel like a dumbass for trading it in at Target

Yeah, that article is more or less in line with my opinion of the system. The only complaint I have is waiting out the development cycles on the new games I want. :D

Back