The Waiting Game

RikkAndrsn

Limp Gawd
How many people (like me) have a new 4850 or 4870 in the mail? I'm dying of suspence as UPS inches my 4870 all the way from NewEgg in CA to my home in CT (curse you, three day guaranteed shipping!).

Me... I've got a 4870 ordered from ZipZoomFly.
I picked the 2 day Fed-Ex shipping option..
order status is showing as packed... BUT I WANT IT NOW! :p

Mine says monday, but since its coming via UPS chances are that once it gets to my local facility they will put it on the wrong truck or just decide not to deliver it as crap like that has happened before.

<Waiting on the release of the X2.

Ha, I have longer to wait..

i have 2xPowerColor 4870s coming to me. Should get it on Monday :D

Me... I've got a 4870 ordered from ZipZoomFly.
I picked the 2 day Fed-Ex shipping option..
order status is showing as packed... BUT I WANT IT NOW! :p

ordered mine from ZZF yesterday with overnight air and the assholes still havent shipped it - says packed - I bet they dont even have them in stock or something. Newegg ships same day - ZZF is so lazy, I'll never order there again. overnighted so I can wait over the weekend (days off)? Fuck that! :mad:

ordered mine from ZZF yesterday with overnight air and the assholes still havent shipped it - says packed - I bet they dont even have them in stock or something. Newegg ships same day - ZZF is so lazy, I'll never order there again. overnighted so I can wait over the weekend (days off)? Fuck that! :mad:

If mine ships tomorrow, I won't be upset. 1 day processing isn't that bad.

But if you picked overnight and they ship friday, you'll get it Saturday... FedEx delivers overnight and 2 day on saturdays in most areas.

If mine ships tomorrow, I won't be upset. 1 day processing isn't that bad.

But if you picked overnight and they ship friday, you'll get it Saturday... FedEx delivers overnight and 2 day on saturdays in most areas.

Fedex doesnt deliver here on weekends. Ordered 1:00PM PST (their) time yesterday, still hasnt shipped... fucking lazy bastards.

I've got a 4850 on the road and damn I hope it gets here by Saturday.
I only go home on some weekends and it'd be a shame to have to wait another 1+ week for my card!
:(

[edit]
Tracking info got updated and...
Estimated delivery 07/01/2008
I lose.
:(

Fedex doesnt deliver here on weekends. Ordered 1:00PM PST (their) time yesterday, still hasnt shipped... fucking lazy bastards.

I think you're jumping the gun a little.. I just got an email that said my card was shipped yesterday. They don't update the status of the orders til the end of the day, it says that under status details. Packed can mean SHIPPED or ABOUT to ship.

Check your email, you might be in for a nice surprise ;)

I think you're jumping the gun a little.. I just got an email that said my card was shipped yesterday. They don't update the status of the orders til the end of the day, it says that under status details. Packed can mean SHIPPED or ABOUT to ship.

Check your email, you might be in for a nice surprise ;)

Yeah, they are lucky at 12:00AM EST it finally shows shipped overnight. It will be here tomorrow.

The largest problem I've encountered here in CT is that both UPS and FedEx don't require you to sign for a package, and so many of their delivery people just drop off packages infront of my door or garage without ever even knocking or ringing a door bell. The problem here, as with my Xbox 360's return from repair, is that we have storms frequently that just zoom in off the ocean to soak everything. When the retards leave my package outside and I haven't been told about it, my electronics, books, and even custom ordered halloween costumes tend to get rained on.

I'm away from home until next week. Makes the waiting game a bit easier ;) So far, it looks like it will be almost as cheap to just pick up a 4850 at the local computer store when I arrive back home. If online prices go down, I might order one so that it's waiting for me when I get there :)

The largest problem I've encountered here in CT is that both UPS and FedEx don't require you to sign for a package, and so many of their delivery people just drop off packages infront of my door or garage without ever even knocking or ringing a door bell. The problem here, as with my Xbox 360's return from repair, is that we have storms frequently that just zoom in off the ocean to soak everything. When the retards leave my package outside and I haven't been told about it, my electronics, books, and even custom ordered halloween costumes tend to get rained on.

I'm pretty sure you can leave asign on your door that says something like, "Do not deliver if noone is home to sign." and they will either, 1) try tomorrow or 2) drop it off at the station and wait for you to call or show up, etc.

I really hate the waiting game. I've got an entire system in various states of shipment across the internet, all hinging on my successful order of a pair of 4870s. The worst part is I will be going out of town for the 4th of July weekend right when the last package will arrive.

I'm pretty sure you can leave asign on your door that says something like, "Do not deliver if noone is home to sign." and they will either, 1) try tomorrow or 2) drop it off at the station and wait for you to call or show up, etc.
3) Leave it at the door anyway.

The UPS people in my area are pretty much negligent when it comes to getting signatures and delivery instructions.

Ya. UPS is a great shipping method. I live in some ghetto apartments and they left a big box full of 1500 bucks worth of computer equipment sitting at my door, knocked once, and ran away. Luckily i was expecting it and was home. I basically avoid UPS whenever possible.

or you can call them and request no "shipper release", i've worked there 4 years and have been through a lot of training bullshit.

my 4870 should be here today:)

Hopefully a good replacement for my old 8800GTX that wants to be tortured in my Son's machine:eek:

My 4850 shipped from NewEgg's CA warehouse yesterday. Since I went with the "free, maybe we'll actually put it on a truck if we're completely bored ... but not bored anough to open it" option. Expected delivery is:

July 1, 2008

deuce sapphires from newegg 6/30. newegg says shipped but i am getting unusual results on the tracking (ups 2 day) . ordered wed afternoon.

DING DONG. I run to the door, grab the package out of the UPS guy's hands and am so excited to have my 4870.

But....... it was the wrong package lol. That was at 9 this morning.

Then at 10:30, DING DONG. Oh yea, it arrived.

lol

I have a PowerColor 4870 coming on monday... its gonna be a LOOOONG weekend.

Got mine this afternoon....
The wait @ work was killer.
Running 790/1100 smooth sailing.

deuce sapphires from newegg 6/30. newegg says shipped but i am getting unusual results on the tracking (ups 2 day) . ordered wed afternoon.
Same for me. They picked up the package on Thurs after ordering on Wed, and now they're saying my 3 Day Select will get here a full week after they got it.

4870dz3.jpg
They drove my HD 4870 all the way to Texas... that's a whole day's drive...

Does that seem stupid to anybody else? I mean, they have planes in California, too.

Someone at UPS made a poor logistics choice when handling my 4850 from Newegg. It shipped from California, and would normally go to Chicago, IL or Oak Brook, WI (I live outside of Milwaukee).

Unfortunately, the status report indicates it arrived in Des Moines, Iowa on Friday afternoon ... and hasn't moved since then.

I keep watching the CNN specials about flooding in the Midwest, half expecting to see a UPS truck (with my card) sitting in water up to its roof at the UPS facility ;)

Mine's still backordered from Best Buy, the estimated ship date is sometime this week. Sucks waiting, but I can't argue with free shipping to Alaska!

I just placed my order for a 4850 and with any luck it should be here in a day or two and that should hopefully get me ready for the new games that are coming out =D

Back