The SUPER_PI Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
EnforcerGT said:
Please inform the ignorant. What does this program do?

53sec on my 3.0C.

I have a ESC motherboard.

It calculates pi to the indicated decimal place. In this case, 1 million decimal places is selected.

pi is the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter

Not to be confused with pie ..... Mmmmmmm pie :)

picalc.jpg

'Nuff said

meowCat said:
make up your mind.

it's either 33 sek or 34 sek. Do you or do you not have the 33, or 34? and you can't.... say "oh, it's close to 33sek..." it's either 33 or 34.

actually its both. Sometimes its 33 sek sometimes its 34 sec. It depends what I have running in the background and what the exact clockspeed is on the machine. Sometimes it boots at 4016mhz, sometimes its 3965mhz, for some reason my board fluctuates a lot.

computerpro3 said:
actually its both. Sometimes its 33 sek sometimes its 34 sec. It depends what I have running in the background and what the exact clockspeed is on the machine. Sometimes it boots at 4016mhz, sometimes its 3965mhz, for some reason my board fluctuates a lot.

I am hearing smacktalk with no proof again. alt+printscreen makes all the difference... everything else is just wasted posting. (or baseless BS)

48 seconds.... I need to format re-install :mad:
Some how I think intel chips have a advantage with a faster true core speed.

my Dads P4 3.0GHz HT did it in 47 sec

lets see...Intel D875PBZ | KVR 1Gb @ 400MHz | Radeon 9200 128mb | blah blah blah

M1ster_R0gers said:
well then let me put yours up so I wont have to update as much

if you need help with paint PM me and I will send you the directions.

otherwise dont threadcrap without proof.

spi.jpg

happy now?

dickhead.

CraftyOtter said:
It calculates pi to the indicated decimal place. In this case, 1 million decimal places is selected.

pi is the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter

Not to be confused with pie ..... Mmmmmmm pie :)

Cool, thx.

Aw man this sux. My friends 2500barton beat my 3.0C. :mad: :D

M1ster_R0gers said:
I am hearing smacktalk with no proof again. alt+printscreen makes all the difference... everything else is just wasted posting. (or baseless BS)

No Alt just PrintScreen makes all the difference. Btw, you don't have to hit Alt to go paste it in Paint.

I've got you all beat!!!!!!!!!!!
pi-ws4.jpg

original Pentium 166. My wife won't let me touch this system -and it has managed to out-last just about any machine I've had!

Here's my fastest of the lot:
pi-ws1.jpg

Here's a couple more for comparison:
pi-ws2.jpg

Running at 1.2GHZ

Here's a close tie for the longest time...
pi-ws3.jpg

PentiumPro 200 baby! This is my proxy server. Still workin' after all those years.

M1ster_R0gers said:

why the hell would I post it if I can't do it? I have no memory at the moment so I can't post a screenie but rest assured as soon as I get some new memory I'll post it just to shut you up.

If you honestly don't think a 4ghz chip can pull 34-33 sec, then you're in the wrong forum. Ask ANYONE over at xtremesystems, and they will say thats a normal score. And heres a 3dmark to prove I'm at 4ghz.

edit:
oops wrong one that was my old system lol.

heres the write one

3965mhz http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7747973

3981mhz but lower score. http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7737348

And I didn't change the bios either.....sometimes its 4016mhz. my mobo is retarded.

screen shots don't prove anything, so i don't see the point in calling BS on everyone with out one.

pi_chop.gif

fun with photoshop:rolleyes:

Awesome. Didn't think anybody else knew about Super Pi. Should have known
55sec w/ f@h and this forum

Lowly 1700+ pushed.... desperately need a new power supply.

superpi.PNG

12x200, TbredB, 2x512MB @ 3-3-3-8 DDR400.

49 seconds, system in sig, while downloading a file and IMing

47 seconds with just trillian open

Maybe we should see who can get the best time w/ the CPU loaded. There'd have to be a standard though. Like maybe a few IE windows an IM client a DC app or two.

computerpro3 said:
why the hell would I post it if I can't do it? I have no memory at the moment so I can't post a screenie but rest assured as soon as I get some new memory I'll post it just to shut you up.

If you honestly don't think a 4ghz chip can pull 34-33 sec, then you're in the wrong forum. Ask ANYONE over at xtremesystems, and they will say thats a normal score. And heres a 3dmark to prove I'm at 4ghz.

edit:
oops wrong one that was my old system lol.

heres the write one

3965mhz http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7747973

3981mhz but lower score. http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7737348

And I didn't change the bios either.....sometimes its 4016mhz. my mobo is retarded.

What this thread is SUPPOSED to be is some fun where the top score gets the top mark, with a screenshot in the first post for bragging rights. Mabye after you get your prized memory back for your pretty much average (for here) computer you can show a score that has pretty much been posted by someone with a working machine.

mycriptic said:
screen shots don't prove anything, so i don't see the point in calling BS on everyone with out one.

Like I said, money where the mouth is. I know anyone can fake a screenshot, thats pretty simple. Everyone else remembers who fakes screenshots, so if you feel like heading down that slippery slope of anything being posted becomes a credibility question then that is your choice.

theelviscreator said:
Happy now?

dickhead.

Well too bad someone else already bested you.

and yes I am quite a dickhead, you would know that all too well if you posted in the gen. mayhem section. With your attitude I have a feeling I wont be seeing you around for long anyways.

M1ster_R0gers said:
What this thread is SUPPOSED to be is some fun

so stop making a big freakin deal out of it. NO ONE here thinks youre fun to listen to. So get the hell out of the thread if you want it to be fun.

M1ster_R0gers said:
Mabye after you get your prized memory back for your pretty much average (for here) computer

You really must think your funny. How many 33-34sec scores do you see here? Not many, huh. I put a hell of a lot of work into my machine, from the watercooling to the modded, rare, and expensive coolermaster atc-101b case, to the 4ghz chip, to the modding of the video card. I think its hysterical that I was like 10th place in the 3dmark thread with a card thats 3 years old. 10th place isn't average buddy.

Whats the specs of your machine? You runnin 4+ghz on straight water? you get your memory to 534mhz 2-2-2-5? You got a droop/vdimm modded mobo? You got a pcp&c 510 deluxe? You got a coolermaster atc-101b? You got a $220+ watercooling system set up beautifully? You got the #22 radeon 9700 pro/ Intel combo on the orb?
M1ster_R0gers said:
and yes I am quite a dickhead.

you didn't need to say that, it was pretty damn obvious.

And since your so fuckin screenshot happy, here some of my "average machine" for you to drool over.

4ghz.JPG

4ghz%2011.JPG

Yeah, thats 4ghz 1/1 ratio 2-2-2-5 biatch.

Mr. Rogers would be ashamed of you.

edit: and just to piss you off I will take 1st place with a screenshot months old at @3.9ghz on air, single channel memory. 36sec.

here ya go.

superpi%203.9ghz.jpg

computerpro3 said:
so stop making a big freakin deal out of it. NO ONE here thinks youre fun to listen to. So get the hell out of the thread if you want it to be fun.

You really must think your funny. How many 33-34sec scores do you see here? Not many, huh. I put a hell of a lot of work into my machine, from the watercooling to the modded, rare, and expensive coolermaster atc-101b case, to the 4ghz chip, to the modding of the video card. I think its hysterical that I was like 10th place in the 3dmark thread with a card thats 3 years old. 10th place isn't average buddy.

Whats the specs of your machine? You runnin 4+ghz on straight water? you get your memory to 534mhz 2-2-2-5? You got a droop/vdimm modded mobo? You got a pcp&c 510 deluxe? You got a coolermaster atc-101b? You got a $220+ watercooling system set up beautifully? You got the #22 radeon 9700 pro/ Intel combo on the orb?

you didn't need to say that, it was pretty damn obvious.

And since your so fuckin screenshot happy, here some of my "average machine" for you to drool over.

Yeah, thats 4ghz 1/1 ratio 2-2-2-5 biatch.

Mr. Rogers would be ashamed of you.

edit: and just to piss you off I will take 1st place with a screenshot months old at @3.9ghz on air, single channel memory. 36sec.

here ya go.

I dunno I guess it depends on what you consider "expensive"

xp mobile processor -$80
recently reacquired Crucial PC2100 ram that clocks to 233fsb (pretty much free) but for here $100
FIC AU13 motherboard 90$
old antec case with a truepower 480ps $90
radeon 9500pro (newegg refurb) $120
19 in monitor - 200 bucks 2 years ago
microsoft natural KB -$40
logitech mx700 -$60

total:$708

since Mister Rogers shopped @ kmart (value shopper) he would be quite proud of me. for a total of 700 bucks it seems my machine is hanging with your superwhamodyne system there sparky!

Mabye sometime soon when they release a cheaper 939 processor I might just buy a whole system again, but until then mine plays everything I like just fine. I am glad you can beat me by 11 seconds in the race here boss. If you are going to catch TAM you are going to need another 1000 mhz though.

Until then happy spending!

1m3s, p4 [email protected], gig ddr. this is with ht enabled, i'm sure it would be a bit faster if i disabled it. would it run if windows was in safe mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back