The SUPER_PI Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

M1ster_R0gers

[H]ard [H]eaded
Here is some fun for you guys:

I will be keeping the screen shot of the fastest time up front.

Fastest to date:By computerpro3

superpi-3.9ghz.jpg

slowest to date: By jmroberts70

pi-ws4.jpg

watch out people, I am pulling a 486sx25 out of the basement and will rock the slowest!

download super pi here

unzip and run the exe

calculate pi at 1M

If you beat the fastest time posted then PM me with an image link (same format as above). You might be asked to post a fullscreen shot in the thread with cpu-z for confirmation and general oogling purposes.

the fastest I have seen posted is 24 secs ;)

well then let me put yours up so I wont have to update as much

if you need help with paint PM me and I will send you the directions.

otherwise dont threadcrap without proof.

Yes!

pi.jpg

I know there's a bigger piece of shit computer at work here somewhere that would love to share some Super Pi goodness.

1m in 29secs

But I cant repeat it constantly, so I am having to back down to 2.9. Even 1.75 volts dont help.

I think I may have contact issue with LS.

This was on my fx53 (940)

50s on my a64 3000 @stock.

But I have a bunch of other stuff running, and the system needs a re-imaging (later today)

44seconds on my A64 3200+ at stock

in my defense:
1. i only have 256MB of RAM :( (my other 2 sticks are evidently bad :mad: )
2. i haven't tweaked out XP yet.
3. i've been fooling around in the BIOS and haven't quite finished so that must have hurt me :p
4. i had the Spybot Resident Running, does that have an impact?

darthdana said:
1m in 29secs

But I cant repeat it constantly, so I am having to back down to 2.9. Even 1.75 volts dont help.

I think I may have contact issue with LS.

This was on my fx53 (940)

this isnt about Prime95 stability... I am going home and hanging my system out for all it has. if I can get a run and a screenie before it crashes I am happy. might shove a window fan next to the case to it will boot @ 2550. we will see.

send me a link to your screenshot, seems you are fastest to date. I think we are going to have another category, more details to follow.

damn 46 sec on my inspiron 9100. im gunna reboot and try to squeez another second outta her :D

edit: gah still 46 sec... anyone know what version of Clockgen i should use on a dell inspiron 9100? (its laptop overclocking time!! :D )

HA! I WIN!!

5 minutes 9 seconds on my work computer :p

Think I can use this as evidence that I need a new computer?

58 seconds with everything I can turn off to off. Ran it last night with a lot of crap running and it was 1min 6sec. I am really impressed how fast those Athlon XP-M's are/

54 seconds...

I have some heavy programs on in the background (photoshop, dreamweaver, and dc++the only active one being dc++) and i have all of my fans on quiet mode (just turned the speed down) so i can work without the noise.

As a result my old xp2100 thoroughbread is only at 2.2 ghz. 2.4 ghz being the max.

HEHE I know people have faster systems than I do, but still I am on front page for fastest. I expect to lose that spot very soon. At that point guess I will have to push the cpu to 1.95 volts and 2.6ghz.

computerpro3 said:
make up your mind.

it's either 33 sek or 34 sek. Do you or do you not have the 33, or 34? and you can't.... say "oh, it's close to 33sek..." it's either 33 or 34.

ereshkigal said:
HEHE I know people have faster systems than I do, but still I am on front page for fastest. I expect to lose that spot very soon. At that point guess I will have to push the cpu to 1.95 volts and 2.6ghz.
not really.... even my KT600 beats your timing. my FSB is lower than yours too. (hehe)

Please inform the ignorant. What does this program do?

53sec on my 3.0C.

I have a ESC motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back