The Steam Awards Nominees and Steam Winter Sale Dates Have Been Announced

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Valve has released the list of nominees for the Steam Awards. They humbly excluded themselves from the "Best Developer" category. The voting for the awards will commence on December 20th at the start of the 12th annual Steam Winter Sale. The voting closes on January 3rd with the winners announced early February 2019.

The Steam Community has spoken, and we are proud to announce the finalists for The Steam Awards 2018 -- but we still need your help choosing the winners! Vote in each of our 8 categories to share your top Steam games and developers from 2018 and obtain this year's set of trading cards.

I'm not looking forward to the Steam sale. There might be a handful of titles I'd consider, but lately I've been using Humble Bundle to get them cheaper than on Steam.

It is interesting how disconnected gaming "journalist" have become from their purported audience. Of course, this is because in many cases their real customers are in fact the game publishers; the people reading the reviews are the product. Thankfully with the internet it isn't too hard to find legitimate gaming reviews.

Bethesda as Best Developer? They've only released FO76 in recent years, and we all know how that went...

Spider-Man is my Goty but it’s console.

The saber VR game should definitely win for VR.

Nothing to buy this time around, it's been dead on PC this year, most good games are PS4.

You must work for Sony or something 2nd time I seen this posted on here. PS4 is a big waste of plastic except for God of War sold mine this year.

Kingdom Come Deliverance being nominated is going to trigger some video game journalists.

God of War might have been a good game for the Video game Awards think it was just awarded because it was an American made game. KCD was the best game immersion wish I played at times it was boring as hell but that was just the build up for the bigger half dozen battles.

You must work for Sony or something 2nd time I seen this posted on here. PS4 is a big waste of plastic except for God of War sold mine this year.

Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn, Detroit: Become Human, Yakuza 6.

Not out yet but will probably be great. Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, Days Gone, Final Fantasy 7 remake.

I love my PC but my PS4 has been keeping me away from it this year.

Why is the witcher 3 and CDPR nominated? The witcher 3 came out almost 4 years ago and CDPR hasn't released a game since.

Only the actual GOTY award has games released in 2018 - the rest are just generic awards for various categories - many nominees of which were not released in 2018.

Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn, Detroit: Become Human, Yakuza 6.

Not out yet but will probably be great. Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, Days Gone, Final Fantasy 7 remake.

I love my PC but my PS4 has been keeping me away from it this year.
Agree 100%. I don't believe we going to get the FF7 remake this generation. It is going through development hell and might finnaly get it in 8 years.

Agree 100%. I don't believe we going to get the FF7 remake this generation. It is going through development hell and might finnaly get it in 8 years.

I have hope. Never thought Kingdom Hearts 3 would ever see the light of day.

I'd like to point out, poor Resident Evil 7 is being overlooked on most of the GOTY list it seems. Come out in January, was a big hit. Should get some nominations at least.

I feel like playing Unreal Tournament 2004. $15 on steam or $2.99 on GOG.

Decisions Decisions!

Back