• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

The Seasonic owners thread

MooCow

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Apr 13, 2000
Messages
9,420
Ok I got a Seasonic S12 550watt and its been good to me so far. I'm impressed at its quietness and also cool exhaust at full load when playing games. I'm trying to find a second PSU for another system and I'm not sure if I want to spend another $125 or so on Newegg for another Seasonic. I've loved mine so much that I don't want to go with any other brand and might just fork up the $125 for another one.

Anyone else here have a Seasonic, what do you like about it, love, hate, etc. and can you meticulously compare them to other PSU brands and their units?
 
I have the Seasonic S12 650W, and I love it for the same reasons - quiet, low heat output, reliable and efficient. It cost me $150 but I think in the long run it's worth the price. I replaced an Antec 450W that came with my case after everyone in these forums said to get rid of it before it takes out my whole system, catches fire, etc.
 
I have a Seasonic S-12 500 watts. Three sticks of RAM were ruined during power outages. And, I blame the PSU because it occured on different motherboards as well.

So, while I like the quietness and efficiency, I'm now suspicious of this brand. I have a Tripp-Lite Omni VS 1500 UPS so I won't lose any more RAM.

In any case, lately I was doing a little research on PSUs. I looked at brands like Corsair and Zalman. I'm not sure which one I would choose if I bought a new one though. The Antec Earthwatts are a little hard to find but apparently are pretty good as well.
 
My PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750 is actually a Seasonic design, so I'm (kinda) a member. :)
 
I have a Seasonic S12-430W. It's quiet, well built, all cables are sleeved..and good value too, think it was about £45.
 
Best PSU made... EVAR. End of story. I love mine.


Quiet, Good, and Reliable.
 
I have a 380W S-12 that I got for $70. It's the quietest moving component in my PC.
 
I have an Antec Truepower 650 Trio unit, which is Seasonic-built.

While it's not a top of the line unit, it's quite stable, and powers my Crossfire system without a single hitch.
 
I have had an S-12 500W for about a year and have a M-12 500W in the mail for a new fileserver :) Very nice power supplies that are well worth the money.
 
I just last week got a Seasonic M12 500w and it is much quieter than the Antec Tru Power 550w that it replaced. But the Seasonic is not nearly as quiet as the Pc P&C 470w Silencer in my other box.
 
Seasonic S-12 Energy Plus 550W here. It's stable, reliable, runs cool, and stays damn quiet. No qualms here at all...great PSU and I would purchase it all over again if given the choice! :)
 
think the guru said seasonic doesn't even make the psu they sell. anyway I have a s12-430. works fine. only thing that'd be nice is modular. a64 oc, 2gb pc2-8500, 2 optical, 1 hdd, 7900 gt KO, wc setup, 4 led fans, soundcard, nic.

once I upgrade I'll prob. buy a pcpc for the next system.
 
think the guru said seasonic doesn't even make the psu they sell. anyway I have a s12-430. works fine. only thing that'd be nice is modular. a64 oc, 2gb pc2-8500, 2 optical, 1 hdd, 7900 gt KO, wc setup, 4 led fans, soundcard, nic.

once I upgrade I'll prob. buy a pcpc for the next system.

I don't think so since he knows better.
 
Count me in as another owner, see sig :)

They are rock solid and served me very well for 1 1/2 year now :)
 
I love owners threads, they make me feel so awesome for buying the stuff I did :D

I love that I can't hear my S12-600HT. Too bad I have to deal with an AC and an air purifier in its place :(
 
Rockin' the HX520. Corsair branded, Seasonic made ... an awesome combination.
 
Corsair HX520 built by Seasonic owner here. It has been rock solid and inaudible for several months now. I love it and it's modular.

I can't help but give a shout out to my old Antec SL-350. Man, that thing lasted for 3 years and still powered my C2D rig overclocked to 2.8Ghz rock solid before getting replaced. There were 2 fans but both were whining a lot so I took both out and just taped a low RPM 120mm Yate Yoon fan on the bottom, simulating the cooling system of the Corsair HX520, and other modern PSUs. It was ghetto as hell but it worked for several months no problem on my C2D system.

Oh... Antec... how the mighty have fallen.
 
Back
Top