FSB 1066MHz
L1 Cache 128KB+128KB
L2 Cache 2 x 4MB
Manufacturing Tech 65 nm
64 bit Support Yes
Virtualization Technology Support Yes
Multimedia Instruction MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3,SSSE3, EM64T
Voltage 0.85V – 1.5V

i have mines at 3.2 @ 1.3v on air thats a 1Ghz oc good lord! my old Athlon 3200+ could only oc +200

Glad you love your q6600.

Though your a bit late on the q6600 boat.

If you got a microcenter near you then consider upgrading to the q9550.

But its only 2.4GHz though. For the millions out there that don't overclock I find that a tad too slow stock. My chip out of the box is 600MHz faster then your "beast" granted I have 2 less cores but still. I have OC'd it to 3.6GHz with a simple click of my mouse and I'm sure with some pissing around and stuff I could probally hit 4GHz but I'm one of those guys that likes to run my chips stock....

2+ years on my Q6600 at 3.6Ghz and I see no reason to upgrade any time soon.

i still can't believe this beast came out in Jan, 2007

Socket Type LGA 775
Core Kentsfield
Multi-Core Quad-Core
Operating Frequency 2.4GHz
FSB 1066MHz
L1 Cache 128KB+128KB
L2 Cache 2 x 4MB
Manufacturing Tech 65 nm
64 bit Support Yes
Voltage 0.85V – 1.5V

i have mines at 3.2 @ 1.3v on air thats a 1Ghz oc good lord! my old Athlon 3200+ could only oc +200

Um, nice overclock but thats only 800 MHZ dude ;) quite a few of them would do 3.6 with no sweat with proper cooling.

I still have (2) 6600's in action, one at 3.2 and the other at 2.8 (pig). Got a deal and upgraded my 3rd machine to a 9650 and pushed ot to 4.05. I still dream of going 920 D0 but can't really justify that expense for what I am doing at the moment. It has been shown that the old quads can run frame rates better than an I-7 with a single graphics card. You have to go SLI before the I-7 walks away.

I'm still stuck on E8400, but the Q6600 is still an amazing chip. If you're 3+ GHz you are golden for quite a while.

Forget the E8XXX series...might be able to go higher clock wise but its still a DUAL CORE!!! Not a quad...and the OP was saying how impressed he was by his Q6600...so why are you people suggesting new CPU's to him? LOL...makes no sense!

In either case, he's doing better than my E5200!!!

Same exact sentiment.

Got a G0 @ launch and I see no point in upgrading till six or octa cores.

...and games to actually fully utilize it lol

i still can't believe this beast came out in Jan, 2007

Socket Type LGA 775
Core Kentsfield
Multi-Core Quad-Core
Operating Frequency 2.4GHz
FSB 1066MHz
L1 Cache 128KB+128KB
L2 Cache 2 x 4MB
Manufacturing Tech 65 nm
64 bit Support Yes
Voltage 0.85V – 1.5V

Damn straight! Quite possibly the best CPU I ever bought though the E2140 was a hell of a bargain.

Amazing little chip isn't it? I got mine back in '07 Fry's black friday sale. I recently upgraded to a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P so I can o/c higher than my old MSI P6N-Platinum. So far my Q6600 G0 is taking 1.3875 vCore @ 3.6Ghz.

my brother is still rocking my old Q6600 and it does JUST AS WELL as my Core i7. That was def a nasty cpu for the money back in the day.

Congrats on your quad. That proc really put the beat down on AMD when it hit the scene. It still holds its own, despite being out for over 2 years.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

same here :) despite people telling to to go with a core2duo because of the price on quads at the time (shortly after the q6600 hit the stores), I'm so glad that I didn't listen.

Honestly, this has been the longest lasting machine I've ever built. Almost 3 years old, and with the exception of video card swaps and adding a SSD, it's still what I would consider a high end machine. Should make it another year or two before it starts showing it's age (I hope :p)

I got my Q6600 from retail edge at an amazing deal. Its been running at 3.2GHZ ever since then and no problems whatsoever. I'm finally breaking down and buying an i7 in the next month or so though. Got the itch to build another box. The Q6600 will probably still continue to stay alive as a media server though. It has served me well.

I have 3 Q6600s running, two of them at 3.6 and the other at 3.4. If I had the money I would build an i7 system in a heartbeat as I can always use every little bit of CPU power I can get my hands on but I definitely agree that the Q6600 is a beast.

For average everyday stuff I wouldn't notice a difference and that surprises me. Just about any major architecture change since my first 486 has always shown a large noticeable performance increase. I wouldn't see this going from my Q6600s to an i7. Yes, I would notice a huge increase in performance in my very computational intensive tasks such as folding and encoding and I would welcome the extra performance. Even then, I'm still happy with the relative performance of my Q6600s.

Still rock'n a Q6600 B0 2 3ghz on stock v's .. been steady there for 2 years .. but don't seem to like anything higher .. glad you're diggen' yours

I only bought one just last month. My first new computer since 2005.

Everybody said that I was two years late to the boat.

E6600 and Q6600s were/are awesome chips that offered long lasting solid performance for an affordable price.
I'm sure a lot of [H]ers have fond memories of them.
I only game on PC so i see no reason yet to upgrade from my 3+ year old E6600.

Q6600 is great, I am still using it. I have money to spend, and have been eagerly waiting for the technology that would make me upgrade, but innovation has slowed down. We need some kind of leap in innovation otherwise, I don't see why would people upgrade.

I am hoping my q6600 last me until the next generation. Running at 3.2 still seems to do great!

Since games are pretty much based around consoles and their 3+ year old hardware I am not too worried about upgrading anytime soon.

Same here. I swear this is probably one of the best value CPUs in a long time. Mine's at 3.2GHz (1.5v, pig I know) and I see no reason to get a new chip either.

I've been using an E6600 and I am content.

And I've been running an E6400 @ 3.2GHz with stock voltage for over 3 years now.:) It runs at 3.4 and 3.6 stable too but 3.6 needs extra voltage and 3.4 tends to run a little warm. 3.2 is nice and cool even under load.:cool:

I was very satisfied with my Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz for a long time, but a Q9650 was just too easy as a drop-in replacement for me to pass up. Though I'll admit the difference between the two was not huge.

Loved my q6600 B3. Best chip I've ever owned, lasted me nearly 3 years of heavy use at 3.2ghz. Moved 'up' to an i7 to reduce encoding times.

Im still running a Q6600 at stock and have not noticed any slow down at all. I figure this will last me at least another 5 years.

I actually just put my Q6600 back in my PC. Dragon Age Origins seems to like more than 2 cores.

What really surprises me is that I've been able to use the same motherboard for 2.5 years since the socket 775 has been so good.

I'm tempted to move to an i7 though, but I just don't feel like I need it yet. I haven't been doing much PC gaming until Dragon Age came out.

Even though my main rig is Core i7 I still run a q6600 in my hackintosh @3.2 and its always been rock stable. Great CPU

So when I upgrade from my 2.4ghz Northwood Celery to an I7 920, you guys think I'll notice it much? :p

So when I upgrade from my 2.4ghz Northwood Celery to an I7 920, you guys think I'll notice it much? :p

Upgrading from celery will be like having celery for dinner to a meal of lobster tail, fried potatoes, sirloin steak, a half-pound of fried shrimp, fried clams, a loaf of garlic bread, beer-battered wings, and a tub of ice cream.

My Q6600 is still running at 3.6ghz, and is still doing a fantastic job as a home theater & gaming pc with its 4870's in crossfire.

Back