The Post Pics Of Your Rig Thread! - ABSOLUTELY NO COMMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
All credit goes to WestCoastMods: here's his YouTube channel and Facebook page. I simply bought the components and gave some direction of color/theme.

Anyway, here is the rig setup in its temporary location (hence, cables flying everywhere). I am going to reconfigure my office and will have some more desk space in the near future, but for now, here she is (please forgive crappy iPhone pics).

The name of the build is Storm Shadow, after the G.I. Joe character. I use to watch it when I was a kid but wasn't a HUGE fan. However, LazyMan (the guy who built it) said we needed a theme and a name, and that's how the cobra and the emblem on the front side came to be; the original inspiration came from my car: a white Subaru WRX. The cobra and emblem definitely gives it some character and lights up my room pretty cool (note that the cobra head is faced AWAY from the monitor for good reason lol). When I look at the build, I appreciate the hard work that went into it as much as I appreciate the "cool" factor. I hope you guys too. Visit his page and give him some props.

SS-iPhone-1-XL.jpg

SS-iPhone-4-XL.jpg

SS-iPhone-3-XL.jpg
SS-iPhone-2-XL.jpg

Here's a better pic from LazyMan's FB page:

395807_343092859039975_213645108651418_1545872_621629134_n.jpg

Specs:
Antec 1200 Case (powder coated white)
i7 950 3.0Ghz CPU
EVGA X58 Classified Mobo
12GB's Mushkin Ridgeback Redline 6GB (x2) 998970
Asus GTX 580 Direct CUII
Noctua NH-D14
Samsung BluRay Burner
Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050w PSU
2-300GB Western Digital VelociRaptors in Raid for OS
1TB Western Digital HDD for backup/storage
Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card
Enermax 120mm Cluster and Apollish Fans
Silverstone FM181 180mm white fan (replacing top fan, fan only)
Lamptron FC5V2 Fan Controller
KRK RP5 G2 Studio Monitor (pair)
Razer Mamba mouse
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard
Dell 3007 WFP

Last edited:
Wait a sec lol I can't find it on the Newegg yet. Where can I get one?
How do you like it? is it stable and reliable?

You can get one from FrozenCPU.com or Performance-Pcs.com

I would say its quite stable and reliable. Performance-wise I net about 100-120Mb/sec which isn't the greatest but it's stability and reliability are what I look for. It also has a nice 140mm fan in the back that keep all the hard drives relatively cool.

They now have the EX-503B which is USB3. I plan on getting the 3 bay version to see what kind of speeds I see in RAID5 with a few 2tb drives.

I've had it for a few years and had several hard drives in and out of it as I upgraded capacity, never once did the actual enclosure crap out on me.

Hope this helps!

That is a sick case...I love the white and red theme...cobra on the side is nice too...but if i had my choice i would've requested something different instead...i gotta antec 1200 too but kinda annoyed with it cuz I gotta undo all these screws just to clean the dust filters...I'm curious if you did anything to make removing the dust filters easier without undoing 24 screws.

Super Dope Rig Crayon...love the way the cobra is done...sick

Yeah, it was all handmade (using a jigsaw). You can see how he did it here.

You've an otherwise mediocre case cool.

At the time, two years ago (lol), it was considered a "good" case. Since then, a lot of better choices have become available. That being said we were confident that the paint, theme, and mods we had considered would make-up for it. And it did.

Again, all credit goes to WestCoastMods.

That is a sick case...I love the white and red theme...cobra on the side is nice too...but if i had my choice i would've requested something different instead...i gotta antec 1200 too but kinda annoyed with it cuz I gotta undo all these screws just to clean the dust filters...I'm curious if you did anything to make removing the dust filters easier without undoing 24 screws.

I just edited my post with the pics to explain how the cobra came to be. It's part of a theme. I deferred to LazyMan on this one for the most part to give him more artistic freedom (a happy builder makes for a happy build). I appreciate all the hard work he put into it (literally hours and hours), so that's something to consider too...the craftsmanship.

Unfortunately, we didn't figure out a way to make removing the dust covers easier. Maybe I'll think of something in the near future.

Thanks for the comment!

Last edited:
In terms of looks, definitely one of best that I've seen here...and there's a lot of nice rigs...;)

dusty. lol.
just a few more days until the 2500k transplant :D
lovin' this 600T.

P1010840.jpg

P1010842.jpg

P1010846.jpg

P1010850.jpg

Last edited:
great work...wish mine came like that stock....

i don't know what it is about the 600T, but a lot of people seem to have the same feeling that it needs a HUGE window on the side of it, if not just a whole plexi door lol.
whatever the reason, I think it works really well on this case
kinda wish I had a white 600T as well.

KRK RP5 G2 Studio Monitor are these speakers connected to a receiver or directly from soundcard

Just rebuilt my system with a new case I got for $50 on Black Friday and an H80 and an SSD. Nothing too fancy but tons of features. Could have put a 240mm rad in the top but that was overkill.

rigzy.jpg

topky.jpg

dockbh.jpg

hotswap.jpg

velocityaurora.jpg

Last edited:
What case is that? Looks super clean and fairly well thought out for a case so relatively small.

29vl6oo.jpg

I hate that design soooo much. Im seeing it in more and more cases lately. Why can't they just reprint the pcb and put the damn sata ports side by side.

What case is that? Looks super clean and fairly well thought out for a case so relatively small.

It's the in-house brand of my local computer store called the Velocity Aurora. It's a generic rebrand of the Enermax Hoplite with new side plates and front panel. It's also built with different front panel and top (without the HDD dock) called the NOX Blaze and the Scorpio 1000.

Last edited:
Front
bDqUn.jpg

Rear
5lgYO.jpg

Window
htxXB.jpg

Guts
gNmx2.jpg

Rear Cable Management
150rl.jpg

Fan was slightly modded to make 16gb fit
rTahM.jpg

Used the preexisting holes on top to mount the Frio's fan speed controls
9kfBg.jpg

My friend Gene gets all the credit for the entire build.

Last edited:
Did you see the amount of dust on that desk. I don't think aesthetics are the goal. It's performance all the way... LOL

What Rosewill fans? I'm creating some vinyl decals to replace the stock stickers. I'm thinking white background with a blue cog.
IMAG0505-1.jpg

Did you see the amount of dust on that desk. I don't think aesthetics are the goal. It's performance all the way... LOL

This system is running cfx with 6850 (901@1120mhz) and one 955 be which is gone to 4ghz

SotosLg the fans isn't bother you in the face or something ?

Not at all!! I am planning though to add some fan filters!! Back of the fans is hiding one triple 140mm radiator

Taken by my crap camera,sorry for the quality :D The first 3 pictures were taken while i was testing with the EVGA P55 Classified 200 so cables were a bit messy.
wgwHc.jpg

nxkwh.jpg

cyOUh.jpg

qBUFf.jpg

S3sCp.jpg

j6OAb.jpg

1E17P.jpg

qucJL.jpg

nsqxs.jpg

I'll post again after some finishing some rework on the Venomous X.

i7 920 SLI GTX460s
4 12" UV lights are great for killing any bacteria in your cooling system. The same setup is used for outdoor coy and plant ponds.

Dual power supplys enermax 650 for SLI cards and H2O pump
Corsair tx850 for system and fans

ultra thin 3/16" reservoir for H2O

lettering made on scroll saw

[URL=http://videobam.com/zvOys] Powered by VideoBam - Free Video Hosting[/URL]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back