the pop of dewm

Elleric

Weaksauce
So i was putting my computer back together in a new case i just got, i was doing the work in one room and got everything together and tested it out. Up and running, happy, happy.

Then i unhooked it and moved the tower into my computer room, plugged it in and there was the dreaded loud pop from the PSU and a spark out the back. It was a violent pop and of course the PSU is dead now.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they think could have caused this pop, i made no changes between my work station and my computer room.

also, clearly ill need a new psu, any recomendations? 4 sata drives, 1 ide, 1 dvd, a 7900gt, pentium D presler, 5 case fans.

thanks

im afraid its been almost 2 years since i bought the PSU, im pretty sure its a 1 year on it.

even if it wasnt, I sleeved it and im pretty sure that kills the warrenty

Isn't Antec's warranty at least 3 years, and 5 in at least some if not all cases?

Does sleeving wires void your warranty? I've never heard of that happening.

sleeving requires you open the box, and break the warenty sticker in doing so. even though i didnt tinker with any of it.

any oppinions on modular PSUs?

Unless you plan on a major upgrade, you don't need that much power. You would do fine with a 520HX.

the specs in my sig are off a little bit.

I have 4 more 250 gig drives. Im also looking to upgrade my graphics card pretty soon.

The intent of upping the Wattage was to 'future proof' the set up.

Im starting to lean towards the corsair box. the flat cables are nice.

Back