The Perfect Case

For real sarbz, you should really try and get a career in this. You really have the skill now put it to work :p

Lets stop distracting sarbz so he can continue on the real case at hand here :)

I really like how that first shell turned out, great idea for the PSU, besides most PSU have a bottom fan anyways, the PCP&C 510SLI is one of the odd ones out, so tough luck for them.

I really like the idea of prerouting the power cables to the front somehow for the drives, also try and make sure there is room to adequately hide the big ATX cable (unless you can actually preroute that the same way.

The dual 120mm on the top for watercooing = teh pwn.

The rubber bottom is very nice, but excessive in my opinion. If you were ever to finish this design and try to sell it to Coolermaster or Silverstone you would have to change that for 4 rubber feet (to save some cash).

Keep up the good work sarbz.

PS. Aluminum powder coated white looks amazing, I would vote for that to be the color.

sarbz said:
ok, I couldn't wait any longer....I had to get it out of my system......I present to you.....the [H]ardcore Pimp Case.....

pimp.jpg

pimp1.jpg

pimp2.jpg

I should actually build one, but I think it looks stupid as hell. Imagine this thing sitting on your desk!

now THAT is a case u have to bnuild - maybe change the outside water tubing but otherwise it is asweet

did u use any sites to ealrn C4d or on your won? i was big into bryce / poser a few years back but stopped and forgot how to use them but C4D looks very intersting to me i would love to try it out.

Anyone find any link to info for Cinema 4D for windows? i could of sworn they made one.

MrGuvernment said:
did u use any sites to ealrn C4d or on your won? i was big into bryce / poser a few years back but stopped and forgot how to use them but C4D looks very intersting to me i would love to try it out.

I've looked at a few sites for tutorials, but mainly I learned from experience. I've been addicted to it ever since I started, and I spend hours using it every night. I just create things. Stuff like computer cases, other electrical devices, sci-fi guns, robots, bugs, plants, wierd animations, things sitting on my desk, etc. That's how I've learned.

*drools* nice case....hurry up and build it :p also ur amazing @ graphics!

To the person who mentioned the "pigtail" power strip... I love the idea! but go all out with IDE and SATA in there too! ( yea, I know. I want everything! )

on the original question. I like that first case you presented. But I have a sugestion...

BIGGER!!!!!

I say a huge tower, with room for a thermochill 120.3 in the front. Top two fans aimed at the motherboard in the middle of the tower, bottom one goes into a sort of "hard drive tunnel", like the pc180. Power supply in the top rear on its side beside a 120mm fan ( opposite the 5 5.25 bays in the front). A 120 by the I/O ports in the back. A 120 at the end of the "hard drive tunnel". Add that "pigtail" power strip by the 5.25's and in the "hard drive tunnel". Leave room for 2 mag pumps and a top mounted res, and have an integrated fan controller. Now make it look good and sell it to me for less than 300$.

Like I said. I want everything!

I wonder how much it actually costs to produce a case. I don't mean R&D time, tools to manufacture, marketing, that sort of thing. I mean just the actual material of one case. Any have guesses, or actual data?

How about a Having the other door Actually hold the MOBO tray and instead of having it swing open left and right . It swings up and down. You could have the same ATX shape and design but would be easy to wrok with.

Topweasel said:
How about a Having the other door Actually hold the MOBO tray and instead of having it swing open left and right . It swings up and down. You could have the same ATX shape and design but would be easy to wrok with.

wouldn't that be difficult to do without having a lot of noise from the tray bouncing off the case?

galdoes16 said:
Wow, that C4D is expensive, I was gonna try it out, but not now!

there's a demo. you can try it out for free :) That's how I got started. You just can't save projects or renders.

sarbz said:
there's a demo. you can try it out for free :) That's how I got started. You just can't save projects or renders.

Hey, I got the Cinema 4D program but couldn't find any tutorials for it so I wonder if Maya can do the same thing?

Here's my photochop effort from some time ago on what I would like/build with the right funding and skills.

Use google for help

any software you use could do about the same thing, you just may have to use other programs along with it to make it look nice.

That case looks kinda wierd,imo.

I don't like that software as much as say 3d max or solidworks, reason why is because you can't really move the camera view as easy as others though it offers more stuff.

You should try doing some moding for games after you get better :)

Sz1hart said:
I don't like that software as much as say 3d max or solidworks, reason why is because you can't really move the camera view as easy as others though it offers more stuff.

??? The camera view is extremely easy to move. Those who are unfamilliar with a certain software, often think it is inferior :p

lol, I like to be able to control the camera with the scroll button...guess im just use to it but then again I haven't mess around with it much...

You tend to like what your use to :)

Got any more pictures?

no, my wife and I just moved, and we're still trying to get everything in order. Not a lot of time for play right now.....unfortuantely :(

Here's my view on a perfect case. The perfect case should be redisigned from the inside out. Everyone is going to have a different view on the aestetics on the case. The power supply should be in a sealed off section to reduce heat and plugged in to the main body of the case. The wiring should be integrated into the the case itself, which would provide clean airflow over the motherboard and components. Actually I think a MB manufacturer should get with a case manufacturer and redesign the MB so that all the power connectors connect on the back side of the motherboard to allow for clean airflow over it. There should also be a modular component on it for a watercooling section also if desired.

malousek, your image didn't show up and I have an idea about what you want. I'm working with my friend about building something like those for awhile now along with many other ideas...

The image sucks because I don't really know how to use solidwork that well but if you want go here...http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

I'm working on a better version now that I'm somewhat use to the software...

My idea for integrating watercooling into the case is this : Make the case designed like the Koolance cases, where the top has the little trapezoidal area for the res/fans. You dont really need to make it stick out that much, maybe only enough for the fans. If someone is using air cooling then they have nice dual 120mm blowholes. If they want to watercool they have a place presetup for their dual 120mm and it only needs to block at most one 5..25" bay. Also, in the trapezoidal area, at the front should be a short 3.5" bay. Only deep enough to mount a small lcd or fan controller.

I like the original design, but a few mods IMHO are in order:

1. Lose the separate power button, and make it a touch senstitive switch, like on the Apple displays ... a sorta chrome looking icon ...

2. Top fan grill like the old style G5 cube - rounded ends, but big enough for two 120s side by side... or lose the grills and go for a flyscreen style fine mesh instead.

3. Sides and front are one piece, the whole thing slides forward to reveal the inside chassis, and mounted on rubber insulated rails so no vibrations are transferred out.

4. No rivets if possible - everything's attached with countersunk screws ... I need to be able to take the top off and the drive cages out... and the rails things are held up by ...

5. Power supply almost completely sealed off save for an opening for the cables to thread through, and it is inserted from the BACK of the case, not the inside.

6. Loving the rubber bottom, at the very least some big rubber feet that let it sit an inch off the ground.

7. Oh and recess the io ports and pci slot mounts about two inches into the back of the case, so that the area to the left of the connectors and above the cards can have a built in reservoir in the gap (maybe with a perspex/lexan strip to show water level). Reminds me of an oil catch can actually : http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/november04/ask_sarah/images/oil_catch_can.jpg

Dual 120mm Intake and Outtake.

Steel construction (quieter). Or something similar to what antec has done.

4 Hard drives.

3x5.25" bays.

Sealed, so there are no holes in the case other then the screw holes that should be covered with screws and where the air can come in for the fan.

Removable motherboard tray.

Also, possibly enough room for 240mm rads in the back? Like, instead of have the fans back there, you can place the radiator there with ease.

That, is my ideal case. Seriously, what I wouldn't do for dual intake dual exhaust 120mm's... God that would rule.

Lots of good suggestions here and the 3D renders look great.

My Suggestions:
1. Support for mini, standard, and extended mobo's. Perhaps the back panel can be modular to accomodate the inverted boards.
2. Room for extended power supplies and a reservoir or 2nd power supply.
3. At least one removable HD cage with space for 4 hard drive bays (with some space between the drives for airflow/water cooling) per cage.
4. Room for cable routing behind removeable mobo tray.
5. Removeable front door.
6. Removeable lower front panel for a radiator.
7. Good filters on the inlets.
8. Sound deadener on the inner surfaces of the panels.
9. Stealthed carrying handles.
10. Interchangeable undercarriage for feet or wheels.
11. Support for 120mm fans.
12. 4 front USB ports.
13. A minimum of 4 external 5.25 bays, and 2 external 3.5 bays.
14. Room for a water pump at the base of the case.
15. Video card supports included in the hardware package.
16. Perhaps make the entire case modular, have a frame and then all the outer panels attach with latches/stealthed screws.

vapb400 said:
DSC00707.JPG

That with all 120mm fans, a bulgin switch, slightly shorter, and removable HD cage.
sorry to revive this thread but what kind of case is that?... it looks really nice

Alumumin Micro ATX case

1. 2 X 5.25 bay

2. 2 X 3.5 bays

3. 2 X 120 mm fans: one at front and one at back.

4. Height no more than 15 inch top.

5. Full good quality ATX 400w power supplies

6. Removable motherboard

Today's ATX cases are too big for me. And there aren't alot of alumumin micro ATX cases.

Back