The official Red Orchestra 2 thread

Yea, its really neat that it works that way. TBH its a shame more games don't do it. It's a much more accurate representation of how the game is playing.

New patch is live, full notes:

Stats
-Fixed stats and acheivements being awarded when they shouldn't have been and sometimes not saving stats on ranked servers. This requires a global

stat and achievement reset which will be happening soon.
-Fixed several number display issues in the profile menu and after action report
-Honor, class, and weapon experience are all currently doubled to help make up for stats lost to the reset
-A new achievement has been added which is unlocked simply by playing RO2 during the double xp for players affected by the stat reset

Gameplay
-Reloading can be interrupted by melee or switching weapons
-Fixed quick grenade not returning to the previously equipped weapon
-Fixed team wounding counting as kill
-Fixed kill assists not showing up all the time
-Fixed Countdown Time to Beat being always 0
-Fixed timers showing wrong numbers in the single player campaign
-Fixed tank AI being able to see through smoke
-Fixed tank cannon smoke shells not blocking any AI vision

Stability & Performance
- Major optimization pass on all maps should increase performance across the board
- Reduced Alt-Tab crashing
- Fixed post-processing preset resetting itself in the video settings menu
- Fixed glowing outline/rainbow colors around the screen for certain machines
- Fixed a bug causing all audio to cut out after a map change
- Graphical improvements to environments, weapons and vehicle interior - areas or vehicles/weapons not in direct sunlight now have working specularity which will help make normal maps more visible and textures to look less flat
- New Umbra release and optimization
- General CPU optimizations

Server
-Fix for commandline setting of webadmin values not saving after multiple map changes

Last edited:
Yet, anyway. Wish they would get around to implementing it like they've been talking about.

Yea, would be a beautiful thing lol.

Atleast TWI did give a fair warning telling everyone in advance it would be a few gb.

Game still runs like garbage for me.

Mix of medium and high settings, no AA, still dips below 30 fps. Battlefield 3 runs better. Will never buy another Tripwire product again at this point.

I also cannot believe they still don't have an option to filter out servers with bots. I mean seriously?

EDIT: Lol, the last three servers I joined had a bunch of bots. Ridiculous.

Game still runs like garbage for me.

Mix of medium and high settings, no AA, still dips below 30 fps. Battlefield 3 runs better. Will never buy another Tripwire product again at this point.

I also cannot believe they still don't have an option to filter out servers with bots. I mean seriously?

EDIT: Lol, the last three servers I joined had a bunch of bots. Ridiculous.

Runs like butter here and the patch has been working great. TWI is the only company I have seen really try to solve issues in a timely manner.

What specs do you have that you want higher frame rates from?

my x4 @ 3.5 and 6970 are running it in the mid 40's to 50's, patch noticeably made a difference, last gaming session my lowest fps was 34, and that was a fairly drastic dip.

As for the bots, i made a favorite list of low ping servers, when i log on i join the most populated ones. I have yet to play against any bots, in 30 hours of playing online. I can't help you on the game running like crap for you, but the server issue seems fairly straightforward.

Stat tracking is still broken. I've played entire rounds start to finish (as per TWI) and my stats still don't update like they should. BF3 beta is ending so I guess I'll have to live with it for a couple weeks.

Really dig the game now with the last patch, lighting has been overhauled so most windows are not so sniper friendly now, campers really stand out instead of blending in with the shadows, audio crackling has been minimized, performance seems to be improved.

Joined a 38 man server last night and my framerate was @ 62fps fixed most of the time, framerate smoothing and one thread frame lag are the the only things turned on, the rest of the sliders are set to medium except for characters and textures which are set to high, still there are many low res textures here and there, there's a little bit of pop in too, kinda distracting when moving closer to visible vegetation, medium FXAA isn't that effective at reducing jaggies but it's better than nothing.

Atleast i found a medium ground for DoF thanks to the tripwire forums, i have toned it down instead of disabling it, http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=68086&highlight=tone+mapping , game looks MUCH better now, as for the gameplay, I REALLY like the implementation of bleeding and slow death, feels like watching a war movie.

Rushing in with your bayonet ready, hearing your soldier's war cry ( death cries are back now btw :D ) getting shot in the stomach by an enemy rifleman, only seconds before you manage to penetrate his chest and take him down with you, just epic :D

There will be realism mods soon for the ppl who find the vanilla game too arcadey, can't wait for a zombie mod and some RO1 maps ( arad on this engine should look gorgeous ! )

The game still has lot of potential, new vehicles are in the making, new maps too i presume + that coop mode, devs have released many patches since the launch date, they really do care about their product, now that i've played bf3 on both caspian and metro maps, i still believe that RO2 is pretty unique and has its own appeal, I'll probably be playing both games next year, most of my online friends prefer bf3 but i don't mind playing RO2 with 63 random players, it's not like l4d where a total jackass can really mess up the game for the other 7 players.

There are tk limits and class limits, you can even claim the role of an other player if you happen to do very good during the round. Can't wait to do some spawn camping tonight, my KD post stats reset sits at pathetic 0.90 and that has to change :p lvl3 kar98 already, HOORAH !

i love how you can just rage quit during a match if you are having a bad game. The stats only save if you play to the last round. I usually rage quit if i have more deaths than kills.

thanks to this, i have a 2.21 kill/death ratio because i only finish matches that i do well in.

Stat tracking is still broken. I've played entire rounds start to finish (as per TWI) and my stats still don't update like they should. BF3 beta is ending so I guess I'll have to live with it for a couple weeks.

Same here. My honor levels stick, but just the other night I played on the same server for several hours, and each time the map would change my weapons were back to level 0 even though they leveled up multiple times each map. :mad:

Is this game now dead or still going? Another title that didn't turn up as intended...

Feels like Crysis 2 Multiplayer all over again

Still plenty of people playing it, especially with the patches that fixed a lot of the issues, and the double XP.

Tried playing on the 7th cav server again after the latest patch though and it said at the end of the map that it wasn't a ranked server anymore for some reason.

Still plenty of people playing it, especially with the patches that fixed a lot of the issues, and the double XP.

Tried playing on the 7th cav server again after the latest patch though and it said at the end of the map that it wasn't a ranked server anymore for some reason.

Yea, it's been happening to a lot of servers, not just ours. They are aware that there is some issues with it.

I find that =7Cav= and SFSS have fluctuating latency and are filled with people who have ~300ms pings. Strange thing is pre-release they were both awesome servers to play on with little to no network lag.

I forget what servers I play on now but they are not it.

I played on that SFSS server just 2 days ago. Something weird going on there because my ping was good but I was lagging all over the place. I was actually being warped from one place to another a few times. After a while I thought maybe someone was hacking the game and causing it. Still not sure what to think but I won't be playing on that server again.

No its still going, just played a couple of rounds, server browser said there were close to 1500 playing multi. The patches have pretty much fixed the vast majority of game play glitches, I haven't encountered any in a week or so. Stats are still a bit iffy i hear, though they are working just fine for me

The latest patch fixed the stats system for me. Now I'm putting a bunch of time into RO2 - now I remember how frustrating this game can be taking me back to RO and Darkest Hour. Losing quite a few games because my team usually sucks and can't move into the cap. This is one game where no matter how well you do, you can't carry your team :(

Also, the 7th cav server lags HARD. It's a fairly low pinging server when it isn't lagging (hence why I play on it), but over the weekend it was unplayable about 2/3's of the time.

There's only about 5 servers I can play on that are consistently full AND <100ms ping

The latest patch fixed the stats system for me. Now I'm putting a bunch of time into RO2 - now I remember how frustrating this game can be taking me back to RO and Darkest Hour. Losing quite a few games because my team usually sucks and can't move into the cap. This is one game where no matter how well you do, you can't carry your team :(

Also, the 7th cav server lags HARD. It's a fairly low pinging server when it isn't lagging (hence why I play on it), but over the weekend it was unplayable about 2/3's of the time.

There's only about 5 servers I can play on that are consistently full AND <100ms ping

We had a lot of maintenance going on this weekend to help lower the lag more.

I wouldn't compare this to Crysis 2 at all. This game is gonna be played for years, period.

P.S. there's a fake 7Cav server too, unless that was killed in the meantime. Make sure to play on the correct one.

Just noticed another server decided to jack our server name in hopes of trying to steal players or something, anything that can be done about this via removing rank or something?

208.167.249.45:27015 =7Cav=Tactical Realism <- Us

206.63.81.10:27015 =7Cav=Tactical Realism <- Fake

I wouldn't compare this to Crysis 2 at all. This game is gonna be played for years, period.

P.S. there's a fake 7Cav server too, unless that was killed in the meantime. Make sure to play on the correct one.

Yep, they never responded to my message either :(

What jackasses. I'll be sure to double check that next time I play.

free weekend starts TOMORROW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiqNFuE5HFk

downloading the opt-in beta now

I've put more hours playing the seperate beta build instead of the vanilla version if that's saying something

the new classic mode is a must for every realism whore :D

the game will re-launch this friday with 3 modes

here's a list of differences between them

action mode

player speed : 100%
stamina pool : 100%
time to go ADS : 100%
weapon sway :100%
extra sway when fatigued/supressed : disabled
zoom : enabled
zoom when suppresed : enabled
bleeding : enabled
bandage speed : 100%
crosshairs : enabled
freeaim :disabled
spawn on SL : enabled
killcam : enabled
peripheral vision indicators : enabled
lockdown : enabled
teammate names : always visible
tactical view minimap : enabled

realism mode

player speed : 100%
stamina pool : 100%
time to go ADS : 100%
weapon sway :100%
extra sway when fatigued/supressed : enabled
zoom : enabled
zoom when supressed : disabled
bleeding : enabled
bandage speed : 50%
crosshairs : disabled
freeaim : enabled
spawn on SL : enabled
killcam : enabled
peripheral vision indicators : enabled
lockdown : enabled
teammate names : visible only when the gun is pointed at their general direction
tactical view minimap : enabled

classic mode (<3333)

player speed : 75%
stamina pool : 75%
time to go ADS : 75%
weapon sway :125%
extra sway when fatigued/supressed : enabled
zoom : disabled
bleeding : disabled
crosshairs : disabled
freeaim : enabled
spawn on SL : disabled
killcam : disabled
lockdown: disabled
peripheral vision indicators : disabled
teammate names : close range only
tactical view minimap is replaced with a compass

See you on the (real) battlefield :D

No, you wont, because this game is a pile of dogshit.

your loss honey :)

classic mode plays much better than it looks on paper, trust me.
Action mode is ideal for beginners too, the weapon damage is reduced so it's much more forgiving than the other 2 modes, i haven't touched vanilla version since february but i had quite a good time with the beta build, there were so many steam group events recently where you could play with the Devs and have lots of fun, even with 200ping since clientside lag compensation is now finally enabled :)

The game has it all, a heavily modidied unreal 3 engine which looks brilliant ( even with dof / motion blur turned off :p ) cover system - commo rose - commander role - mod tools - dedicated servers - pc exclusive - free content updates (you hear that DICE ? ) and 2 total conversions ( rising storm & in country ) in the making, supported by the devs themselves.

tomorrow's update will be HUGE -> http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=79061

I suggest the ppl who already own the game to download the optin beta today so they will have to download less data tomorrow when the official giga-patch will be released

c7qEi.jpg

If you have the opt int beta when the game goes live you will have less to download (if nothing at all) if the latest released RC becomes the live build.

Give this gem a try ppl, it's pc exclusive after all :D

your loss honey :)

classic mode plays much better than it looks on paper, trust me.
Action mode is ideal for beginners too, the weapon damage is reduced so it's much more forgiving than the other 2 modes, i haven't touched vanilla version since february but i had quite a good time with the beta build, there were so many steam group events recently where you could play with the Devs and have lots of fun, even with 200ping since clientside lag compensation is now finally enabled :)

The game has it all, a heavily modidied unreal 3 engine which looks brilliant ( even with dof / motion blur turned off :p ) cover system - commo rose - commander role - mod tools - dedicated servers - pc exclusive - free content updates (you hear that DICE ? ) and 2 total conversions ( rising storm & in country ) in the making, supported by the devs themselves.

tomorrow's update will be HUGE -> http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=79061

I suggest the ppl who already own the game to download the optin beta today so they will have to download less data tomorrow when the official giga-patch will be released

c7qEi.jpg

Give this gem a try ppl, it's pc exclusive after all :D

What, you haven't played it in 4 months? And you only played ~20 hours. Must be amazing.

If classic mode means it plays more like RO1, I'll give this game a try *again*.

But RO2 was still my biggest game disappointment of 2011. (granted, I didn't buy/play DNF) At least I got a TF2 hat out of the deal.

Looks like classic mode might get me to start picking RO2 up again. I don't know why they didn't have this from the begining as it is pretty much what every RO1 player wanted out of the game.

Oh, my mistake sorry.

Make that 35 hours, and 6.4 in the last two weeks.

The community of the game is already small and until yesterday it was split in 2 (beta and vanilla build), hence the free weekend and the mega-update

I work 9-12 hours everyday including weekends, i also have a GF and most of my online friends prefer playing BF3 in their spare time, (haven't managed to convert them .... yet :) ) I also have a big backlog and my steam account is usually recording ~ 40hrs of playtime - last two weeks MAX,

do the math :) just because I don't play much it doesn't mean that this game doesn't deserve any attention, there are other multiplayer games i wanna play too, nuclear dawn - goldeneye source - payday - gotham city impostors etc what am i supposed to do ? clone myself ? :p

Last edited:
The community of the game is already small and until yesterday it was split in 2 (beta and vanilla build), hence the free weekend and the mega-update

I work 9-12 hours everyday including weekends, i also have a GF and most of my online friends prefer playing BF3 in their spare time, (haven't managed to convert them .... yet :) ) I also have a big backlog and my steam account is usually recording ~ 40hrs of playtime - last two weeks MAX,

do the math :) just because I don't play much it doesn't mean that this game doesn't deserve any attention, there are other multiplayer games i wanna play too, nuclear dawn - goldeneye source - payday - gotham city impostors etc what am i supposed to do ? clone myself ? :p

What on earth do you do for work, that requires you to work 9-12 hour days, and weekends as well? Just curious. Outside of the weekends, my schedule looks just like yours.

Back