The *Official* Post Pics Of Your Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys come on... this thread has been totally hijacked. Please start new threads for this kind of stuff.

nomar said:
Guys come on... this thread has been totally hijacked. Please start new threads for this kind of stuff.
how so people are helping each other with there network setup a highjack is placing a totally different picture such as
Wuts going 1.jpg

or bring in a totally different subject like what type of motherboard are you running where can i find it oh i saw a deal on one like that etc

DRJ1014 said:
how so people are helping each other with there network setup a highjack is placing a totally different picture such as
Wuts going 1.jpg

or bring in a totally different subject like what type of motherboard are you running where can i find it oh i saw a deal on one like that etc
LOL, hahaha, thats soo funnyy, lol :D :D

yea, im sorry for hijacking this thread, i ll make a new thread tomorow or something

sorry again guys, i guess i got carried off and stuff

eh lets just proceed and let this thread be however so stop complaining (not you wayne)

To help bring this thread back on track...

I'm hosting a mini lanparty for four pals, using my rigs and some laptops "borrowed" from work for the weekend:

My basement rec room:

lanparty_left.jpg

lanparty_right.jpg

My network "edge" (DSL modem and firewall):
home_network_core.jpg

The Gig-E core switch modded with an 80mm fan. The twin 40mm stock fans are just too damn loud on the netgear.
home_network_gigE.jpg

The far switch to two lappies:
home_network_hub.jpg

I remember some of you were asking me to post next time I have good switches for cheap to hard members. I'm selling two brand new 3Com units, both are sealed in 3com baggies and come sealed in the box (opened them to take pics), one is a 3Com 3300 23 Port 10/100 Switch and the other is a 3Com SS3 24 Port 10/100 Baseline Hub.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=794513

My turn

A couple of switches, router, firewall, and our 3Com VoIP box..MUHAHAHA

network1.jpg

Our "core" 3com superstack 3 3300XM layer 3 switch
network2.jpg

killerasp said:
Our "core" 3com superstack 3 3300XM layer 3 switch
network2.jpg

Classic. Could you have made that switch on the floor look more neglected? :D It needs some sticky coke stains and maybe an old straw wrapper on it to finish off the look.

agrikk said:
Classic. Could you have made that switch on the floor look more neglected? :D It needs some sticky coke stains and maybe an old straw wrapper on it to finish off the look.

ACTUALLY, its on a desk. AHAHAH. The previous admin set up the network. From the looks of it, he did a good job. hehe. Now its MY job to fix it all up. Sigh.

killerasp said:
ACTUALLY, its on a desk. AHAHAH. The previous admin set up the network. From the looks of it, he did a good job. hehe. Now its MY job to fix it all up. Sigh.

I would have that cleaned up and running 100% in like an hour :D

agrikk said:
Yeah, but if your contract is hourly, you'd be out cash... :rolleyes:

Ha Ha Ha right.. Well in that case. I would have that up in running and clean 100% within 4 days :D

4 days? Bah, it'd take at least a week to do it pulling 9-hour days (if you're being paid by the hour)... :D

is it just me Joony or is their some pixels that are shot in a line on the left ish near the middle and on the bottom somewhat?

pug said:
What kind of phone is that? What all can it do over other phone systems?

VoIP phone, it can do just about everything other than making you a cup of coffee in the morning :p

darkmyth said:
is it just me Joony or is their some pixels that are shot in a line on the left ish near the middle and on the bottom somewhat?
yeah, the phone has a bad LCD Missing one whole row of vertical and horizontal pixels :( New ones are expensive... :(

Anyhow, heres a decent picture of my rack:

rack.jpg

Joony said:
yeah, the phone has a bad LCD Missing one whole row of vertical and horizontal pixels :( New ones are expensive... :(

Anyhow, heres a decent picture of my rack:

rack.jpg

Wish I could find a place to buy a rack! :(

IMG_1182.jpg

i got that rack for 50$ locally.. came with 2 shelves, 1 sliding drawer and the wheel dolly its on.

i'm lookin for a baystack or another 3com that i can put a gige connection on for my file server before i finally consolidate all 3 of my indivdual switchs/hubs

*sigh*

Veeb0rg said:
IMG_1182.jpg

i got that rack for 50$ locally.. came with 2 shelves, 1 sliding drawer and the wheel dolly its on.

i'm lookin for a baystack or another 3com that i can put a gige connection on for my file server before i finally consolidate all 3 of my indivdual switchs/hubs

*sigh*
how would you close the door with the pole in the way?

I believe its a metal square frame with 4 wheels on each edge attached that the rack sits on top of.

wayne said:
how would you close the door with the pole in the way?
Im sure the pole is farther away in the picture and theres probually enought room to close the rack door.

KoZLop said:
Im sure the pole is farther away in the picture and theres probually enought room to close the rack door.

yeah it is..

the wheel dolly is just a platform that the rack bolts to *its actually made for it* and has 4 heavy duty castes on the bottom.. its nice..

and the ncr cases are just empty's..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back