***The Official "Post good deals for the [H]orde" thread***

I have (5) 380's, (1) 450, and (1) 500 Antec Earthwatts. my other two PSU's are an Antec 500 watt truepower and a Silverstone 1kw for the gaming rig.

It is always good to have 1 spare PSU just incase!

(1) 430 !

Earthwatts doesn't exist in 450W. Anyway, this is a great deal so I suggest anyone get this to lower the power cost.

A cheap PSU is 60-70% efficient so the rest is lost in heat. The EA is close to 85% efficiency so it save power, reduce the heat dump and is more robust overall. The saving might be a few bucks per month but if you have a farm, it can add up.

I'm guessing I'm saving $30 or more per month by running these higher efficiency units!

My last Electric bill was $220. That is with 85% efficiency so 15% of 200 greater than $30 per month which is the cost of a single PSU per month or adding a new boxen annual in the cost savings!

Nice deal indeed. I paid 35.99$ + 6.99$ shipping from a store in Toronto, Canada.

I didn't get them yet. I will receive it today or next week.

I didn't get them yet. I will receive it today or next week.

Yes, please post the temps and what type of cpu you used them on. I always read your posts, you seem to be a fountain of good information. (fortunately for me and people like me you're not the only computer guru on [H]ard team 33 :p )

Even a [H]ard core WC'er like me is interested in the low price and good reviews. (for a dedicated folding boxen :rolleyes:)

As for what type of cpu, it's all Q6600 that I will be doing (had 2 running, just received 2 more on my desk 15 mins ago). Too bad I don't get the rest till next monday...

Shoot, those MSI P35's for $40 did not last long. I just went to buy one as I just found some extra cash and they are GONE! Oh well.

Check out Mwave.com they have Refurb'd IP35-E's for 45 +shipping. I was out the door with 2 day shipping for under $60.. Limit 1

Yeah, but I'm lazy :D

Mwave also has a Gigabyte P35 Refurb for $43 here :eek:
Very good overclocker

I have 2 of those and I'll tell you they don't OC as well as the Abits...

Their build quality is also a bit less.. the PWM, NB and SB heat sinks wiggle too much for my liking on the gigabytes! On the 2 I own I bolt moded them to ensure the Heat Sink had good thermal paste and solid mounting. The Abits I just put fans on each Heat sink and plug in the processor and walla 400 FSB without any issues.

YMMV

I have 2 of those and I'll tell you they don't OC as well as the Abits...

Their build quality is also a bit less.. the PWM, NB and SB heat sinks wiggle too much for my liking on the gigabytes! On the 2 I own I bolt moded them to ensure the Heat Sink had good thermal paste and solid mounting. The Abits I just put fans on each Heat sink and plug in the processor and walla 400 FSB without any issues.

YMMV

Agreed with you. After my experience with a EVGA 610i and 650i motherboard, I prefer the IP35-E due to the quality a mile above others for a great price. I will have 2 here at work (others will have much better boards due to particular duties like HTPC with a P5E-VM HDMI, File server with a P5K-E and my main PC obviously). It's better to pay a bit more to get the right one instead of wasting for crappy ones (Luckily, I can recover my losses by building 2 boxens for friends who wanted a cheap box for chatting/browsing only with E2160).

My Abit IP35-Es are my fave as well... sad there are going away :(

Agreed with you. After my experience with a EVGA 610i and 650i motherboard, I prefer the IP35-E due to the quality a mile above others for a great price. I will have 2 here at work (others will have much better boards due to particular duties like HTPC with a P5E-VM HDMI, File server with a P5K-E and my main PC obviously). It's better to pay a bit more to get the right one instead of wasting for crappy ones (Luckily, I can recover my losses by building 2 boxens for friends who wanted a cheap box for chatting/browsing only with E2160).

That 650i has a nasty FSB hole. Don't even try to run it at 333 - 370. I ran my quad at 8x400 all day, no use at 9x356. ;)

That 650i has a nasty FSB hole. Don't even try to run it at 333 - 370. I ran my quad at 8x400 all day, no use at 9x356. ;)

Thanks for telling me this, I will keep in mind when building the box for a friend since he want it to be overclocked a bit for the occassional encoding tasks. I may just limit to 9x333 with a E2160.

I stopped into Radioshack while I was waiting to get my oil changed and they had Thermaltake Purepowers for sale $29.97 for 400w and $29.97 for 500w. :eek:

Back