***The Official "Post good deals for the [H]orde" thread***

380W is going to be enough to run both machines off the single power supply, if you can find or make a 24-pin splitter.

I'm not a big fan of MIRs either. However, I've never had a problem getting the rebates from Corsair or Antec and I've mailed off plenty for both. Just something to keep in mind.

I'm not a big fan of MIRs either. However, I've never had a problem getting the rebates from Corsair or Antec and I've mailed off plenty for both. Just something to keep in mind.

The problem is having the money upfront, which I don't have. :D

I posted at 10:55 am yesterday that I ordered that PSU. I got it today at 10:00 am.
Gotta love that for free shipping!

Newegg has some open box MSI Neo P31's for $39.99 here

There's also a Thermaltake 430W PS for $39.99 shipped plus a $10MIR makes it $29.99 here

Newegg also has free shipping on Intel processors right now

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1289102

This is in the Hot Deals section. It looks like they are out of stock online but you might want to check out your local store to see if they have any. The local one here is supposed to have some in stock and I plan on grabbing a couple after I leave work and pick up my kid. I hope they have at least two left. I could make use a third and I might break down and get three if they have that many.

I wouldn't trust the PSU in them of course, but $20 for a decent case is hard to beat and I already have PSUs anyway.

This is in the Hot Deals section. It looks like they are out of stock online but you might want to check out your local store to see if they have any. The local one here is supposed to have some in stock and I plan on grabbing a couple after I leave work and pick up my kid. I hope they have at least two left. I could make use a third and I might break down and get three if they have that many.

I wouldn't trust the PSU in them of course, but $20 for a decent case is hard to beat and I already have PSUs anyway.

Just fyi, having owned 2 dynex fans and subsequently retired them... I would say there fans at full speed average in the 40db range sounds pretty loud. Overall a case and psu for that price is nice, but I question the quality of Dynex. YMMV

Already picked one up yesterday :D

I got lucky and snagged one before they sold out....Damn that was fast! I usually don't get to those kids of deals before they expire.

Just fyi, having owned 2 dynex fans and subsequently retired them... I would say there fans at full speed average in the 40db range sounds pretty loud. Overall a case and psu for that price is nice, but I question the quality of Dynex. YMMV

In my case, I have enough computers and fans that a couple somewhat loud ones aren't going to bother me a bit. Besides, I still have one or two 6-7k RPM 60mm fans running. I just can't justify the hassle and money to replace the socket A heatsinks with 80mm heatsinks especially since quality ones are hard to find.

Besides, I'm just getting the cases for the cases. I already have enough cooling and the fans in these cases are just extra for me. Although you can never have enough fans around just in case the need arises for spares. I rip the fans out of dead PSUs just in case I have a need for them. I actually have one or two fans acquired that way which are in use right now. :cool:

An amazing sale like that deserved it's own thread to alert us.
It's WAY beyond a good deal, I could have used two.

DDDAAAAMMMMNNNNIIIITTTTTT....

why do I live in the wrong side of the continent :( I would like 2 Q6600 myself !

Well, I grabbed the last two of those Dynex cases at my local Worst Buy tonight and they seem like pretty good cases. I haven't started transplanting any machines yet but I've inspected one of the cases and it's solid and sturdy plus it seems to have a good layout.

For those that might want one but they are out of stock at your local store, you should be able to have them ordered for $20. A friend of mine met me out there tonight and another buddy called me while we were out there. We have 3 more on their way. Two are going to be delivered to my friend's house and the other will be delivered to the store.

I have two for now with a third on it's way. It's going to be weird having most of my systems in full cases as this has never really happened before.

Well, I grabbed the last two of those Dynex cases at my local Worst Buy tonight and they seem like pretty good cases. I haven't started transplanting any machines yet but I've inspected one of the cases and it's solid and sturdy plus it seems to have a good layout.

I went over to BB tonight and was looking for an Earthwatts PS, and stumbled on to one of these Dynex cases too. I remembered having read about them here, but really never expected to find one in stock. Well, needless to say, for $21 out the door I wasn't going to pass it up. Thats about 1/3 the cost I was expecting to buy just a PS for.

It mentions on the outside of the box something about the 500 watt PS included being 80% efficient...is this true, or just some marketing crap that Dynex says to be competitive? :rolleyes:

I went over to BB tonight and was looking for an Earthwatts PS, and stumbled on to one of these Dynex cases too. I remembered having read about them here, but really never expected to find one in stock. Well, needless to say, for $21 out the door I wasn't going to pass it up. Thats about 1/3 the cost I was expecting to buy just a PS for.

It mentions on the outside of the box something about the 500 watt PS included being 80% efficient...is this true, or just some marketing crap that Dynex says to be competitive? :rolleyes:

a case and an 80+ PSU..... a self destruct timer must be installed :confused:

I'm not sure about the PSU in it. There was a thread in the PSU forum about it but there was nothing definitively said except that the OEM making these PSUs probably isn't very good. I don't suggest putting good hardware on it. I used the cases for two systems I already have up and running with good PSUs and swapped the PSUs out. I might use them in the P3 and Athlon T-Bird systems I'm going to put together although I do have spare PSUs laying around for those systems. Even if the PSU manages to go out and take out that hardware I'm not going to worry about it.

If I decide not to use the PSUs, I'll probably pull the 120mm fans out of them to be used for case cooling.

a case and an 80+ PSU..... a self destruct timer must be installed :confused:

The case is normally priced at $80 at Worst Buy and are currently $60 off. The case itself is easily better than any other case you're going to find for $20. I just got done switching my second system over and the case is very easy to work with and quality.

I guess it probably wouldn't be too big of a deal to use the PSUs as long as you keep the wattage being pulled from them to less than half of what they are rated. With a barebones overclocked quad this shouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure what my two quads like that are pulling but the system in my sig with all 4 cores at full load is pulling 255-265 watts according to my Kill A Watt.

I'm using the PS from the Dynex case. It's a diskless, naked boxen with e [email protected] (300x9) 1gb ram 256mb FD CD-ROM and its only pulling 100 watts via Kill-a-watt. I'm sure that there will be no broblems, since it's only pulling 20% of the rated wattage.

So when are the Q6700's going on sale? I'm looking for up to 2 of em so I'd prefer the 6700's vs the 6600's.

April 20th is when the next round of Intel price cuts go into effect. Depending on timing, I may go with all Q6700's instead of Q6600's. There will only be a $40 difference between the two.

So when are the Q6700's going on sale? I'm looking for up to 2 of em so I'd prefer the 6700's vs the 6600's.

From what I've read, the Q6700's don't overclock any better than the Q6600's so I see no reason to wait for them. For 3.6Ghz, which seems to be about the top air cooled speed, the Q6600 reaches that easily with 400mhz FSB and DDR2 800 RAM. Of course, your mileage may vary depending on the CPU. I have two at 3.6 and one at 3.51 but I don't think the Q6700 is any better. The only time I could think about getting a Q6700 is in the case of a Dell system or with a motherboard with no overclocking options so you can get a bit more speed by the pad mod.

CORSAIR XMS2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X1024-6400C4 for $24.99 with free shipping
here

From what I've read, the Q6700's don't overclock any better than the Q6600's so I see no reason to wait for them. For 3.6Ghz, which seems to be about the top air cooled speed, the Q6600 reaches that easily with 400mhz FSB and DDR2 800 RAM. Of course, your mileage may vary depending on the CPU. I have two at 3.6 and one at 3.51 but I don't think the Q6700 is any better. The only time I could think about getting a Q6700 is in the case of a Dell system or with a motherboard with no overclocking options so you can get a bit more speed by the pad mod.

The other reason would be if you have some 667 memory and want a higher OC on the CPU but still run 1:1 sync on the memory.

Reason I want it is because I know the mobo's I've been getting are stable at 400mhz and the CPU's with a TRUE I think a few of mine are stable at much higher clocks.. one in paticular could see well above 4Ghz it just runs sooo damn cool! So this at least gives the option to hit 4Ghz on a so so performing mobo.

That transcend deal is sexxxy! No rebates FTW

That thing is frickin HIDEOUS!!!

I would have some difficulty explaining to the wife that this is going towards cancer research. Plus the $80 rebate bothers me. I've never had much luck with MIRs

That thing is frickin HIDEOUS!!!

I would have some difficulty explaining to the wife that this is going towards cancer research. Plus the $80 rebate bothers me. I've never had much luck with MIRs

Yeah thus the reason I did not pull the trigger... but its tempting for sure!

Rofl - I'd be embarrassed if people saw that at my house. Only thing that would make that case better would be one of those stupid ass gamer guys stickers - what is it? fatal or some shit... lol Certainly not bad for free but definitely for a closet box.

EDIT - Just read the reviews on newegg - hehe....
"the fan on the front is accually fake, but there is a fan behind it that makes it spin"
"the fake one is poorly made and one of the blades would hit the fan mount making an annoying clack that reminded me of an old tractor at idle. I had to remove the front grill and used hot melt glue to keep it from spinning"
"looks like it was rough sanded, then sprayed with a rattle can without removing dust"
"case looks good, but only when the lights are out"

Bet that fan moves some air.

I want a case with a large fan like that.... could look better though.

supposedly that front fan is fake read the reviews... I laughed when I heard that... but it still does have a fan behind the fake one... lol..

Back