*** The Official [H]ardForum Top10 Database ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you get the miliseconds on pi? Refering to this 34.359s. I hit 34 but dont know the miliseconds.

A little 3DMark01SE love. :)

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8942363

And a little AM3 love. :eek:

am3.png

The second score was a rather surprising, since I thought my 01 scores were low. I guess AM3 really likes dual cores. I even tried setting realtime priority to AM3 but it denied me, so that's all the more reason I was like "holy lord" when I saw 115K. I knew I had to break 105K to get on, but I diddn't expect to beat baron. God bless the CPU-boundless of this benchmark. :D I tried to get the actual files to save, and I thought they did when I attempted to submit it online, but obviously you can't do that anymore and it only saved the .txt files and the submit.html file. Dunno if I just overlooked it or what, but I just used printscreen. Really wish AM3 was still alive and kicking. :(

Both ran with

Opteron 165 @ 3GHz 1.5v set in BIOS
G.Skill GH (BH-UTT) @ DDR462 2-2-2 3.2v set in BIOS
eVGA 7800GTX @ 490MHz/1400MHz

And various windows tweaks and such.

How do you get the miliseconds on pi? Refering to this 34.359s. I hit 34 but dont know the miliseconds.

Click on the link I have in the first post for SuperPi before the results section, that version will give you the milliseconds.

The second score was a rather surprising, since I thought my 01 scores were low. I guess AM3 really likes dual cores. I even tried setting realtime priority to AM3 but it denied me, so that's all the more reason I was like "holy lord" when I saw 115K. I knew I had to break 105K to get on, but I diddn't expect to beat baron. God bless the CPU-boundless of this benchmark. I tried to get the actual files to save, and I thought they did when I attempted to submit it online, but obviously you can't do that anymore and it only saved the .txt files and the submit.html file. Dunno if I just overlooked it or what, but I just used printscreen. Really wish AM3 was still alive and kicking.

Very nice bro...yeah, AM3 really does love dual core chips...it's just your CPU clock putting you ahead of baron for the most part, imagine if that was a single 7900GTX or even a pair of them you were running. :D

thx for the submissions. :cool:

i just recently got another 7800gtx 512mb and now have a SLi setup.
any ideas as to why my aquamark score is 20000 points worse than before?
i only score like 90,000 now.

Haste266 said:
i just recently got another 7800gtx 512mb and now have a SLi setup.
any ideas as to why my aquamark score is 20000 points worse than before?
i only score like 90,000 now.

I have no idea man...are the cards OC'ed? It could be that the new card doesn't hold up to the old clock speeds and it's throttling...but then you'd probly notice the benchmark hitching and pausing. Have you tried comparing scores between single card and SLI with the card(s) at stock clocks?

cornelious0_0 said:
I have no idea man...are the cards OC'ed? It could be that the new card doesn't hold up to the old clock speeds and it's throttling...but then you'd probly notice the benchmark hitching and pausing. Have you tried comparing scores between single card and SLI with the card(s) at stock clocks?
they are slightly o/ced but nothing major at all and i dont have any problems with any other 3d software/games with them.
i guess i'll try it out later tonight with sli on and off and see what happens.

Haste266 said:
they are slightly o/ced but nothing major at all and i dont have any problems with any other 3d software/games with them.
i guess i'll try it out later tonight with sli on and off and see what happens.

I dunno, I still like Aquamark3 as a benchmark, but I'm starting to lose faith in it. You're aparently having this issue just with AM3, and I've also run into something very strange. After finding the max OC on my Radeon 9250 I start to scale up the CPU clock bit by bit. Funny thing is that this mobo of mine has no PCI/AGP lock. Starting with the first 1MHz bump to the FSB, my overall AM3 score starts dropping...but no other benchmarks are effected.

I dunno, I've never run into my particular issue before, and I'm just chalking it up to his mobo...so I'm trying to ignore it, but hopefully you get around your thing.

It could be you losing CPU power to the SLi management, but 20K worth? Sounds sketch.

tsuehpsyde said:
It could be you losing CPU power to the SLi management, but 20K worth? Sounds sketch.

I doubt that's the case...this one has me kind of stumped.

If you've got time, maybe give the ol' hard drive a good format, and set everything back up with the latest drivers for those cards of yours and a fresh install of AM3.

superpi6fd.jpg

Im trying to hold out for this miracle bios asus is suppose to send out. Seems that my vid card and bios dont get along very well. Hence my low 3dmark06 scores since installing latest bios. Cant break old score. And im not flashing bios just to bring up 3dmark06 score. Perhaps its time to find myself another crossfire mobo.

For the guy above is your mobo the a8r32-mvp? if so you dont need a special bios...i can oc the same on mine as i can on my expert....

ahh i just went to newegg and looked at the mobo you have...yea that board sux..i went ahead and got 1 to play with ill let you know if my contact's can provide me with a better bios.

Well i was going to do a volt mod, but heard rumors of a bios update somewhere around the cornor. I get annoyed by the cpu bug.

mrdlouisd said:
Well i was going to do a volt mod, but heard rumors of a bios update somewhere around the cornor. I get annoyed by the cpu bug.

Fair enough, hope things work out for you in the end. :)

How's it goin', Heavy? Always good to see a mega tweaker @ work around these parts. :cool:

Hey Heavy, wana see something weird? ill run a 05 test on my x1900xfire at the same clock's you have, take a look at the FPS in each test..i dont understand my 7900's cant run down the x1900's :(

How's it going guys? Can't wait for the FX-60 to really open up the system. Now some BIOS tweaks followed by a volt mod to see what these cards can really do.

As for the X1900's, the ATI cards do about a 1000 points better card for card with the same in game performance. 06 evens it out. So, 13,500 in 05 on an ATI is as hard as 12,500 on the NVIDIA.

BTW, I also have a X1900XTX I was trying out.

It's been a long time since I posted any benches on here...but alas, I am hooked again. After my brief foray into WoW, I finally got the urge to OC back. Well, it's Top-10, and that's fine by me! :p

32953.JPG

CPU-Z Validation: http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=85236

I had this thing at 280x9 and was hoping I could hit the #10 score. Turns out I did...exactly...

33750.JPG

So I got pissed and rebooted and clocked it at 285. Keep in mind this is all on an XP-90. I'm debating whether I want to go back to water, and this just might push me over the edge again.

Oh well, happy benching all!

I'll get these scores updated later today, nice to see you back Alex, it's been awhile...and nice going with those scores so far Heavy...keep at 'er. :cool:

Got those scores posted up for Heavy...and here's one that I figured I should be able to post...my second 3000+ Venice, did that run with the boxed AMD cooler and ambient ~20C room temperature. Almost hit 3GHz on the stock cooler...so damn close...grr... :mad:

apjw1mhigh1wp.jpg

CPU-Z Validation

Sorry Alex, didn't do that just to keep you off the list, but I haven't had any recognition for so long...figured I deserved it. ;)

Keep at 'er, I know you can break back onto the Top10.

:cool:

cornelious0_0 said:

Damn you... Not sure how much more I can squeeze out of this thing...was having some stability problems at 285 (only one crash) but I might up the voltage a bit. And I'll probably pick up a new TDX block and a D4 tonight. Only problem will be fitting a 2x120mm rad in my case...hmm...

I'll keep at her once this CS:Source install finishes...in 2 hours.

EDIT: You know, for posting a guide on how to make a benching partition in Windows, you sure have a lot of stuff running in the background ;). Namely WindowBlinds...last time I checked that took up a shitload of memory.

2nd EDIT: I'll have to try it out with a divider too. I'm pretty happy to hit 285 without one, but I'm hoping it can go past 300...

Alex41290 said:
EDIT: You know, for posting a guide on how to make a benching partition in Windows, you sure have a lot of stuff running in the background ;). Namely WindowBlinds...last time I checked that took up a shitload of memory.

I know...but at that time I had just formatted to install the Ultra-D or something and hadn't got my bench partition up and running again. It does make me look like a bit of a hypocrit (sp?) but I did have a run at 27.xxx seconds at one point in a benching partition...so yeah, it does still help quite a bit.

No hard feelings man, hopefully you'll sneak back onto the Top10 soon enough, I'm just hoping that I can stay on ONE of the charts for a little while. ;) :p

cornelious0_0 said:
I know...but at that time I had just formatted to install the Ultra-D or something and hadn't got my bench partition up and running again. It does make me look like a bit of a hypocrit (sp?) but I did have a run at 27.xxx seconds at one point in a benching partition...so yeah, it does still help quite a bit.

No hard feelings man, hopefully you'll sneak back onto the Top10 soon enough, I'm just hoping that I can stay on ONE of the charts for a little while. ;) :p

Just got 32.125s! Bah! Almost there. At 300MHz now...

EDIT: SHIT, I was so excited...kept getting errors and it finally ran through...
31469.JPG

Off by about .4s...disappointing, but I'm gonna give it 1 more go.

Keep pushin' Alex, I know you can get there...sorry, it's nothing personal...but I had to have my name up there somewhere, and I couldn't find the pic of my 27.xxx run. It's all I've got left to gain recognition. :p

Oh I pushed...had to reset the CMOS a few times and now I have to burn it in :(

I'll probably be back at it tomorrow...gonna potentially purchase a new top for my TDX, a BIP2, and a D5 tonight from DD. Not sure if I want the D5 or if I should stick with my Eheim 1250 (huge).

Alex41290 said:
Oh I pushed...had to reset the CMOS a few times and now I have to burn it in :(

I'll probably be back at it tomorrow...gonna potentially purchase a new top for my TDX, a BIP2, and a D5 tonight from DD. Not sure if I want the D5 or if I should stick with my Eheim 1250 (huge).

You'd be getting better flow rates (as far as I'm aware) from the Eheim, so unless you want something not as large, I'd think you should be fine with what you've got.

BitchBreaker said:
Gah gona be 1 week b4 my new dual core get's here :(

What do you have on the way bro?

Hope you make due in the meantime, i know how bad/hard it is waiting for new toys to arrive. ;)

Sorry to derail the thread, but do you know of any comparable 12v pumps? Or at least relatively similiar. I'd much rather have an internal pump than have to use a relay kit for internal with a 120v. But, if I don't get the D5, I can probably get a Storm. I would much prefer a much nicer-looking, and less bulky pump. Where could I find some comparisons? And what do I want, the highest flow possible? I read somewhere that some blocks work better with a lower flow, but I could be wrong.

Alex41290 said:
Sorry to derail the thread, but do you know of any comparable 12v pumps? Or at least relatively similiar. I'd much rather have an internal pump than have to use a relay kit for internal with a 120v. But, if I don't get the D5, I can probably get a Storm. I would much prefer a much nicer-looking, and less bulky pump. Where could I find some comparisons? And what do I want, the highest flow possible? I read somewhere that some blocks work better with a lower flow, but I could be wrong.

Honestly, I still think you'd be relatively well off with the D5, and added bonus of having an "internal" pump only sweetens the deal. ;)

The only other 12v pump I've had experience with is one from C-Systems, can't remember the exact name. Check out DD's site, I know they've got an updated version of the same pump...and it does VERY nice...the things only about 2" square and served me perfectly well when i had my s478 TDX block, Maze4 GPU, bayres, and 120mm heatercore in the same loop.

cornelious0_0 said:
Honestly, I still think you'd be relatively well off with the D5, and added bonus of having an "internal" pump only sweetens the deal. ;)

The only other 12v pump I've had experience with is one from C-Systems, can't remember the exact name. Check out DD's site, I know they've got an updated version of the same pump...and it does VERY nice...the things only about 2" square and served me perfectly well when i had my s478 TDX block, Maze4 GPU, bayres, and 120mm heatercore in the same loop.

I remember you talking about that pump, and I was looking at it before. Wasn't sure how good it was. It's obviously very small and looks cool. How much "worse" is it than the D5?

this one, right?

Edit: Reading ftw, didn't see that you said 2/3 of what I asked :p

got a new no cold buged 165 opteron and a new fx-60..my last 1 was crap! then in less then a month my 2 new conroe 3.33 XE's will be here :D

BitchBreaker said:
got a new no cold buged 165 opteron and a new fx-60..my last 1 was crap! then in less then a month my 2 new conroe 3.33 XE's will be here :D

Do you, by chance, murder people for a living?

:p

Just plopped down $187 on almost a totally new WCing setup. Apogee, DD Mag pump, BIP2. I can justify it though since my birthday is in less than 4 days :cool:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back