*** The Official [H]ard SuperPi Challenge ***

BitchBreaker said:
Im back in biz guy's :) Ill be running super PI on my 3.2e Next week and on my FX-53 :)

Cool, but remember to give me both a patched and an un-patched run with the P4...as I still can't post your previous run you submitted.

HUH?? The last one i submited i gave u the patched and unpatched..and i was on the top 10 for intel....You have mistaken me for some one else corn :)

Your thinking of my boy gclg2000

BitchBreaker said:
HUH?? The last one i submited i gave u the patched and unpatched..and i was on the top 10 for intel....You have mistaken me for some one else corn :)

Your thinking of my boy gclg2000

Haha, oopsie.....my bad. ;) :p

superpi.JPG
[/IMG]

rwilso101, for Intel scores, you have to post both the Patched, and Unpatched times for comparison since your CPU is a Pressy, as well as posting the actual time with the image itself, just because it helps sort thru the BS, makes it easier for Corn-dizzle.

Quote from the First Post...

EDIT: I'm now requiring that since the Prescott's are the only CPU's able to take advantage of the patched version of SuperPi...anyone posting up a Pescott score must supply me with times from both the patched AND un-patched versions.....just to verify which score is actually the "legit" unpatched version.

Well Corn Here is Mine Looks Like I did allright. Had to back my clcok down just a bit to get it though. My 3ghz clock runs Prime95 fine and everything else including games apps and memtest. But for some reason it didnt want to do pi. So I backerded it off a bit an walla!!! Still on water and the loop shares a vid card that runs hard. 6800Ultra Oced to 485/1.2 temps got as high as 48 degrees. Need a Better board the production date on this one is early 09/04.

The Capt.

Super PI.JPG

I downloaded the patch but when i run the file it says its corrupted? It shows 15kb in the zip file but it wont open so how do you apply the patch

Sorry :) I figured it out I will post the results shortly

Well here is another try this time is with the Unpatched version for AMD SSE2. A little slower but by only a Difference of 24 seconds. about 1 sec per iterations. Still not bad. I know that if I can get a better board I can do better as well as the Phase change But her ya go Corn. That should be good enough for a 5th place in the AMD group :D .thanks

The Cpt

super PI unpatched.JPG

Was just comparing my Sledgehammer core to the Clawhammer and realised its a bit slower than the Clawhammer when at same speeds (Even when I use 1 proc, to reduce overheads). Could this be the mem divider and cache, since its dual channel (cache) + working with reg ram?

Thx you guys.....and from now on I will be requiring patched and unpatched versions of SuperPi be tested and posted up just the same as Pressy times.

Captin Insano, would you mind throwing me a link to the SSE2 patch for SuperPi....I'm heading to bed pretty soon and I'd really appreciate it.

cornelious0_0 said:
Thx you guys.....and from now on I will be requiring patched and unpatched versions of SuperPi be tested and posted up just the same as Pressy times.

Captin Insano, would you mind throwing me a link to the SSE2 patch for SuperPi....I'm heading to bed pretty soon and I'd really appreciate it.

You bet Corn. Just lemme find it and I will post it right here

well i got my demp Neo2 plat and fx-53 in...260 x 10 stable on air...but im here to tell ya it's not fast..at all...ram bandwidth is hight but over all my 3.2e kill's this thing.so look's like i wont be on the top amd list this round..got something cooking for the intel list though ;) ill be back on that list if it kill's my hardware! :eek:

cornelious0_0 said:
There's teh attitude I like to hear....and that more people around here need to adopt. ;)

Ahhhhhh so thats the way ya want it. Ok then Its brought. A little something up the sleave for this sunday to try and jump a spot or two up the pole on the AMD side I hope. We will see!!!!!!
Man I cant wait till the Phase unit is all done and here!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhh!

The Cpt.

Captin Insano said:
Ahhhhhh so thats the way ya want it. Ok then Its brought. A little something up the sleave for this sunday to try and jump a spot or two up the pole on the AMD side I hope. We will see!!!!!!
Man I cant wait till the Phase unit is all done and here!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhh!

The Cpt.

Be sure to keep us posted.....teasing isn't nice. ;)

Me and Cpt insano BOTH have something in our bag of trix ;) This A64 stuff has to go though...im getting no where with it so ill be back on my 3.2e tomorrow!

BitchBreaker said:
Me and Cpt insano BOTH have something in our bag of trix ;) This A64 stuff has to go though...im getting no where with it so ill be back on my 3.2e tomorrow!

What all have you got....please PM me though, as I am looking to start up a s939 setup fairly soon...and I've got some nice GSkill on the way already.

Good to see everyone is still pushing the superPI higher and higher.

I agree....tired of all this A64 stuff. Time to turn it up a notch w/ the intel's.

Just noticed this thread.

Don't bother adding me to the list as it's not very impressive, but my score was:

24m 52s

on:

FX55 @ 3.05Ghz
1Gb G.Skill LE @ 305Mhz 2.5/4/3/7
DFI SLI-D

I pressed 'Okay' before I pressed 'print screen' as I couldn't see to the final loop output anyway.

This was with the unpatched version btw. I might d/l the patched version and run that later.

cornelious0_0 said:
Be sure to get back to us.....6th spot is waiting for you. ;)

6th?! :eek: :confused:

... ah right - I see you split up the Intel and AMD chips... makes more sense now :p. But still - I'm surprised there aren't more [H]ers using FX55s...

edit - I'll run the tests again tomorrow and post some screenies.

edit 2 - unpatched:

32mpi5ov.jpg

my 32m, great thread btw, outside of 3d benching, i find stability benching more interesting than superpi 1m runs or pifast.

24m 13s @ 3148mHz on fx55 & utt @ 242

i'm going to test out results with tccd in a bit.

did a little better with this run turning off non-essential services, gonna try on 64-bit windows but i don't think i can catch james earl ray, that score is insane on a64.

superpi 32m 23:39

jikdoc said:
did a little better with this run turning off non-essential services, gonna try on 64-bit windows but i don't think i can catch james earl ray, that score is insane on a64.

superpi 32m 23:39

Good stuff, I really like how the AMD list is lookin'.......everyone under 27m....and 28m for the Intel list is lookin' a LOT nicer then when it started up and there were still some 3x and 4x times on the list. ;)

What cooling are you using for that, jikdoc? Vapo LS?

I'm using a Vapo XEII for mine, and I'm getting the impression that the XEII struggles to remove all the heat from an overclocked FX55 at higher voltages. I'm not going to go out and buy an LS though!

Hopefully the san-diego core won't put out as much heat as the 130nm FX55, and I'll be able to compete with the guys who have the more hardcore cooling :p At the moment it seems, from looking round, that I'm only getting clocks midway between those of guys on water, and those using a LS / MachII GT.

Back