The Official [H]ard|Gaming Minecraft Server

Not if forge essentials has updated.

It has permissions, border, and other bukkit like functionality. Just sayin...

FE has a world-border now? Nice.

As of right now I'm leaning towards a custom 1.6.4 modpack with a smaller selection of mods. But its hard to choose because so many people have a different "I won't play unless..." list ranging from pure vanilla to normal modpack.

How about we start out with a vanilla server with the timber mod or equivalent and inventory tweaks? We can add others if we want. You have until noon NK!

The first mods on the list should be mods that add world gen. Ores, plants, biomes. The rest can be added afterwards.

Ya want all world gen from the start or its a pain.

I was going with the idea of keeping it mostly vanilla so no need for the extra ores. Larger biomes would be nice though. If we go adding too many more mods we just end up with what we already have.

How about we start out with a vanilla server with the timber mod or equivalent and inventory tweaks? We can add others if we want. You have until noon NK!

Well he missed that deadline!

Can the server handle two instances of Minecraft or will we have to put FTB on hold?

Last edited:
I was going with the idea of keeping it mostly vanilla so no need for the extra ores. Larger biomes would be nice though. If we go adding too many more mods we just end up with what we already have.

This

I dont mind the timber mods, and small inventory tweaks, I love being able to see recipes in game too, but beyond that, I dont want to go super huge cause once u had certain things u were untouchable and that ruins the whole point.

The beauty of that is, the mod pack will only need a mod or 2. Things like inventory tweaks and NEI or Rei's Minimap are all client side mods, anyone can add those to their own install, isn't required for server use.

I'm still tweaking my mod list to get it as small as possible for my RPG server, but it's on hold till 1.7 cause I WILL be using the amplified world gen... makes things so amazing...

The beauty of that is, the mod pack will only need a mod or 2. Things like inventory tweaks and NEI or Rei's Minimap are all client side mods, anyone can add those to their own install, isn't required for server use.

I'm still tweaking my mod list to get it as small as possible for my RPG server, but it's on hold till 1.7 cause I WILL be using the amplified world gen... makes things so amazing...

Amplified world gen...is that Minecraft incorporating Biomes O Plenty and Extra Biomes XL?

EDIT: Server needs a restart as well.

Last edited:
Why does tinkers construct include stone tools as an option when vanilla crafted stone tools are easier to make and have the same durability? Just seems pointless. The metal tools I see the advantage being the modifiers.

Why does tinkers construct include stone tools as an option when vanilla crafted stone tools are easier to make and have the same durability? Just seems pointless. The metal tools I see the advantage being the modifiers.

Because there are the advanced tools, so to make sense they add stone tools of everything and not just those advanced ones. Plus you can also add the modifiers to them just like the metal ones.

Because there are the advanced tools, so to make sense they add stone tools of everything and not just those advanced ones. Plus you can also add the modifiers to them just like the metal ones.

TC has difficulty settings in the config, there is an option to disable vanilla recipe, along with several other things to make the game more complicated. Obviously not enabled by default ;). That and TC tools don't go away when they break. Oh and cost less resources, I think you can make a TC pick with 1.5 cobble instead of 3.

Oh and no that's not MC's way of adding the biome mods, it effects the max/min of the current biomes, allowing Mountains/Cliffs to reach 200+ and ravines to drop down to bedrock. The only real flat terrain is plains and desert I think.

TC has difficulty settings in the config, there is an option to disable vanilla recipe, along with several other things to make the game more complicated. Obviously not enabled by default ;). That and TC tools don't go away when they break. Oh and cost less resources, I think you can make a TC pick with 1.5 cobble instead of 3.

Oh and no that's not MC's way of adding the biome mods, it effects the max/min of the current biomes, allowing Mountains/Cliffs to reach 200+ and ravines to drop down to bedrock. The only real flat terrain is plains and desert I think.

I like the sounds of that biome stuff. I also realized I more or less had to make the stone parts so that I could make the casts to be able to craft my Rainbow Hammer. Made a steel hammer and put Diamond, Redstone, and a silky Jewel on it.

Putting together a 1.6.4 modpack. It'll be fairly minimal compared to what we have now, but the major components should be there. Once I'm done you guys can look it over and give suggestions.

Putting together a 1.6.4 modpack. It'll be fairly minimal compared to what we have now, but the major components should be there. Once I'm done you guys can look it over and give suggestions.

Sweet, lookin forward to it.

Preliminary Mod List for 1.6.4

Still researching ways to make installing a custom pack easier than last time. My two favorite launchers still don't support 1.6+ packs.

Applied Energistics
Binnie Mods
Biomes O Plenty
Buildcraft
Additional Buildcraft Objects
Chargepads
ChickenChunks
CodeChickenCore
ComputerCraft
EnderStorage
Factorization
Forestry
IndustrialCraft 2 Experimental
IronChests
MFFS Calclavia
NEI
Obsidian Pressure Plates
Project Red
Railcraft
StevesCarts
Tinkers Construct
Thaumcraft 4
Thaumic Tinkerer
Wireless Redstone

Still researching ways to make installing a custom pack easier than last time. My two favorite launchers still don't support 1.6+ packs.

Applied Energistics
Binnie Mods
Biomes O Plenty
Buildcraft
Chargepads
ChickenChunks
CodeChickenCore
ComputerCraft
EnderStorage
Factorization
Forestry
IronChests
MFFS Calclavia
NEI
Obsidian Pressure Plates
Project Red
Railcraft
StevesCarts
Tinkers Construct
Thaumcraft 4
Thaumic Tinkerer
Wireless Redstone

AT Launcher does. I started playing a single player Resonant Rise modpack on it.

Don't they have to approve your modpack or whatever?

EDIT: Also forgot to include Forge Essentials for making a world border etc.

You're right, didn't see that.

Damn, you ain't lying about 1.6 support.

Last edited:
Can we have MFR just for the rednet cable/hammer(for using the cable) and the PRC? Disable everything else if you want, I just want my rednet cable :( lol

Applied Energistics
Binnie Mods
Biomes O Plenty
Buildcraft
Chargepads
ChickenChunks
CodeChickenCore
ComputerCraft
EnderStorage
Factorization
Forestry
IronChests
MFFS Calclavia
NEI
Obsidian Pressure Plates
Project Red
Railcraft
StevesCarts
Tinkers Construct
Thaumcraft 4
Thaumic Tinkerer
Wireless Redstone

What about Natura?
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1753754-16xnatura/

Natura might be okay, it doesn't really add much that is OP or trivalizes other mods..

That and Natura adds those huge ass redwood trees :)

Latest snapshot adds stained glass, and they are redoing some of their network code, should be interesting how that works out.

Last edited:
How do you guys feel about going a little lighter and sticking with a premade pack? This just came out and looks similar to what we were doing anyway, but with config tuned for balance.

http://sevadus.tv/fclite/

Looks pretty simple and to the point. Would also make it a LOT easier to install/use.

Even though it assumes I use MultiMC, as long as I don't have to use that, I'll even install it and make a point to get in. Vanilla Launcher 4Life!

Looks pretty simple and to the point. Would also make it a LOT easier to install/use

Lack of Enderstorage/Computercraft and heavily increased power usage for AE systems would bring back a lot of that old school building of IC2/BC infrastructure.

We need more old school. This new generation has it too easy. I wanna have to plan and build stuff... I want some effort involved...

I wouldn't mind this pack but I wish it had tinkers construct. Whatever you decide to do is fine by me.

edit: This is only the 1st version so they may add more mods later to match the forgecraft server, who knows.

I wouldn't mind this pack but I wish it had tinkers construct. Whatever you decide to do is fine by me.

Yeah I kinda miss that, but on the other hand, drills and shit will actually be useful again. I'm testing ForgeEssentials Worldborders and Dynmap on the server side right now, I think I have a good seed picked, but I'll render it out and see what people think.

I'm testing ForgeEssentials Worldborders and Dynmap on the server side right now, I think I have a good seed picked, but I'll render it out and see what people think.

As long as there are plains, or whatever else horses can spawn in, nearby then I approve :D

I'd say don't worry about what it has really for now... I mean honestly... 1.7 is a month away... just saying prolly shouldn't get overly attached to the mods/server this late in the version...

I'd say don't worry about what it has really for now... I mean honestly... 1.7 is a month away... just saying prolly shouldn't get overly attached to the mods/server this late in the version...

Yeah that's a fair point. But there's always a new version just around the corner and you never know which mods are going to be updated for it. Kind of a pain in the ass.

Yeah that's a fair point. But there's always a new version just around the corner and you never know which mods are going to be updated for it. Kind of a pain in the ass.

well I think with 1.7, more mods will be updated like Thermal Expansion.

With the terrain code, and networking code changing in 1.7 it could cause a lot of mods to want to actually upgrade this time.

Yeah, always a new version coming... it's a never ending battle... as a server host I look more to the technical side of an update rather than the features... anything to help it run better on my end lol

Edit: So can I get in yet?

Last edited:
Yeah I kinda miss that, but on the other hand, drills and shit will actually be useful again. I'm testing ForgeEssentials Worldborders and Dynmap on the server side right now, I think I have a good seed picked, but I'll render it out and see what people think.

No tinkers, no redstone related utliities, buildcraft(I thought quarries were a problem?), biomes o plenty(a problem for the goal of a small map, I think).

Also, what's been done to fix the ridiculously OP "compact solars"? The "ultimate hybrid" solar panel, which requires a lot more resources and energy to build than a "High-Voltage solar" ever did still ended up being crazy OP. Just concerned that this pack is a bit in the wrong direction as far as concerns people had about the last one.

Back