The official "clean desktop" club v2010

Yea those classic taskbars are fuuuuugly. Not to mention so much less functional.

Last edited:
Yea those classic taskbars are fuuuuugly. Not to mention so much less functional.

Classic taskbar/start menu? ewww

It's a Dell B130. 2gb ram, 1.5ghz celeron m and some crappy onboard graphics. I could either run the W7 theme WITHOUT Aero (talk about fugly) or the classic theme. lol. I'll take the classic theme over the w7 w/o aero.

Newest one, I absolutely love the color scheme :D

desktop15e.png

Swap explorer.exe with the new, customized one to change the start button. You'll have to take ownership of explorer.exe to do so. For pinned programs change the icon before you drag it to the taskbar and it should work. Might have to do it as a shortcut on the desktop then drag it to the taskbar.

desktop.jpg

Here is mine at the moment. Need to play with the icons though after seeing some of the sweet setups some of you have.

Yes Nate,WiLLiSTER is indeed correct in stating that it is Amuro Namie on my wallpaper. She is also a singer as shown in my Zune player in the lower right hand corner of my screen capture. I can see how you would miss reading the sentence above the wallpaper stating her name since she is quite... distracting.

Forgot to include a link to the wallpaper so here it is:
http://cocacola.jp/zero/download/

Quick rant: Why is it that when a billion dollar company, such as Coca Cola, post wallpaper for customers to download they only include one or two low resosution versions so that people with wide screen desktop monitors are stuck with black bars on the sides of the wallpaper?

The black and white Beatles wallpaper reminded me of a black and photo I recently downloaded from Flickr. Thought I'd try it as wallpaper. Its a picture of a Japanese woman walking down the street. She might look like a professional model, but she is just a random woman the photographer snapped and she doesn't seem to happy about it. So unfortunately its not likely we will ever see any more pics of her. :(

I wonder if the writing on her shirt is supposed to mean anything. It looks like it reads UHU SUPER PUGH. Probably just some crazy random words.

Link (Credit goes to Alfie on Flickr): http://www.flickr.com/photos/alfiegoodrich/3908379203/

[URL=http://img28.imageshack.us/i/desktopcj.png/][/URL]

P.S. Zune software is playing the song Abracadbra by the group Brown Eyed Girls. Have some time to waste? Well obviously you do if you are browsing this thread, so watch the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR0R_4cFxEc Must bring this dance to the U.S. clubs.

Last edited:
vdragonlance, the icon set you linked seems to be for mac. But i think you are running windows ??

Quick rant: Why is it that when a billion dollar company, such as Coca Cola, post wallpaper for customers to download they only include one or two low resosution versions so that people with wide screen desktop monitors are stuck with black bars on the sides of the wallpaper?

If you are using Vista or 7 you don't have to be stuck with black bars. Use the "Fill" option when selecting the wallpaper. Something that XP was desperately lacking. XP forced you to either deal with the black bars or stretch the image (unacceptable for me) if its aspect ratio didn't match your display's.

There were plenty of background switching apps to do that on XP regardless, I don't remember if Microsoft's own Wallpaper Changer Toy did it but I think John's Background Switcher did if not (it's free and pretty light, not as nice as MS' powertoy but close). I'm disappointed Win7 still doesn't give multi-monitor users very many options in this regard (let alone the taskbar). As long as I've got DisplayFusion I'm not too concerned tho!

m0dd3r43v3r, that's quite refreshing compared to how similar a lot of our desktops are. Have you considered removing the shortcut arrow on the icons? Would make it that much cleaner :)

thanks vdragonlance for providing icon pack and firefox aero glass add-on.

Clean:
bgp2t129xgwdm0g5f.jpg

Dirty:
bgp2udvvsbn7mgtkz.jpg

m0dd3r43v3r, that's quite refreshing compared to how similar a lot of our desktops are. Have you considered removing the shortcut arrow on the icons? Would make it that much cleaner :)

Thanks for that WiLLiSTER it does look a lot better. :p :D

CleanDesktop.jpg

Back