The Obligatory iPad 3 Announcement Thread

I'm still not sold on the Apple TV. I'm waiting for something that's basically iOS, in a box, connected to my TV, with streaming capabilities. That product doesn't exist yet.

I'm getting one....retina display is the reason...but don't mind better camera and processor.

10 hour batter life. 9 hours on 4G! hmmmmmm. to good to be true?

2048x1536 with double the GPU power, and many tweaks all around for the same price.

Looks pretty sweet. I might finally break down and buy my first Apple Product...

Was surprised by how aggressively they are priced. I figured MSRP would take a decent upward bump.

Not sure if the processor chip is quadcore or the grapx is the quadcore. If i'm going to guess, it would Dual-core with quad-core grpx chip?

I would like to see some 3rd party/independent benchmarks first though. If it performs just as well on the HD display as the iPad2 did on the old display, I'll deffinately be getting one.

Looks like they are still going to be selling the ipad 2(16gb only both 3g and wifi models) for $100 less now.

Are they seriously just going to call this "the new iPad" ?
How lazy is that?

Are they seriously just going to call this "the new iPad" ?
How lazy is that?

If I had to guess, they're probably trying to get away from the numerical naming conventions. Just calling it just 'ipad' with yearly refreshes, like the macbooks and imacs (etc)

That makes me wonder if the'll do the same thing with the next iphone.

A5 was Dual CPU core/ Dual GPU core.
A5x is Dual CPU core/Quad GPU core.

The GPU still has multiple shaders/core. It is just that the SGX543 is modular and you can drop in additional cores easily. SGX543MP2 for A5, SGX543MP4 for A5X.

A5 had the most powerful tablet GPU for all 2011.
A5x might be close to doing the same for all 2012.

A5 was Dual CPU core/ Dual GPU core.
A5x is Dual CPU core/Quad GPU core.

The GPU still has multiple shaders/core. It is just that the SGX543 is modular and you can drop in additional cores easily. SGX543MP2 for A5, SGX543MP4 for A5X.

A5 had the most powerful tablet GPU for all 2011.
A5x might be close to doing the same for all 2012.

For the people who have a Vita and PS3, and don't really need the extra resolution, it's a great time to snag an iPad2 for cheap.

I'll be interested in the 3d performance however, it might have 2x the cores but it has 2x the pixels to push as well.

For the people who have a Vita and PS3, and don't really need the extra resolution, it's a great time to snag an iPad2 for cheap.

I'll be interested in the 3d performance however, it might have 2x the cores but it has 2x the pixels to push as well.

4x the pixels. I'm betting the performance really isn't any better and may even be worse in some circumstances.

extra resolution will be great for daily surfing/reading
i don't use tablet for gaming

extra resolution will be great for daily surfing/reading
i don't use tablet for gaming

Yea, i'm sure it would be nice, but i can make due with a 2, especially since they only added graphics cores. Didn't they double the RAM as well though, that might be handy.

Have to see how big the price difference is between used/new. Switched jobs and now i don't have an iPad2 anymore, it sucks.

Kinda disappointed the ATV only got a single core A5. Was hoping it would provide a good performance bump for XBMC.

Back