The New PS3

Apparently they have stock of these CECH 4000 PS3's just sitting around because there are too many 3000's in stores still, and yet they haven't announced any sort of price drop to clear out current inventory...

I'm hoping for a price drop in time for Black Friday (US Thanksgiving shopping extravaganza).

Please see post #30.

bd-rom $20
hdd $25
system board and psu $100
case cables and controller $20

total cost $165 and that'd being nice based upon what you can get bd-roms and hdd for retail and then calculating oem pricing

They removed the ability to play PS3 games....
Almost spit my coffee out when I read this. :)

And to stick with an awful controller.
There is nothing wrong with the controller. You're holding it wrong. (j/k, maybe) Personally, I picked up a set of clip on extensions for the thumb sticks and that helped quite a bit. I'm more partial to the XBox 360 controller design, but the Sony design isn't bad at all. I don't find myself feeling fatigued at all after a few hours of PS3 gameplay. That's just me though.

I've got the slim and love it. Decided to un mod after I got my certs.(Im not in a spot to where I can loose that). Im really looking for a Fat ps3 with ps2 compatability. Anyone got one for sale in the future?

I have a metal gear solid fat PS3 - are those backwards compatible? If so i possibly might get rid of mine.

bd-rom $20
hdd $25
system board and psu $100
case cables and controller $20

total cost $165 and that'd being nice based upon what you can get bd-roms and hdd for retail and then calculating oem pricing
Pull out the HDD and subsidize the system (like they have been) then $149 still works. But I guess we'll see :D

Maybe it's physically built like a tank, but it still uses tin based solder, and is subject to microfractures on the GPU/CPU. This happened to me after almost 6 years of ownership. Got it replaced with a slim.

did you ever open it up and replace the thermal grease? Because properly applied thermal grease doesn't last six years. Which would account for the thing heating up enough to weaken the solder.

Back