The New, (now) official, Show off Your Video Card Thread

Dudeyourlame said:
do you guys HAVE to repost the pictures ..take the IMG out of them so it isnt linkable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont mind people replying with the pics ASLONG as it is not on the same page as the pics.

otherwise it make no difference on load times if u already saw the other pic - just means some more scrolling,- good finger excercise.

MrGuvernment said:
i dont mind people replying with the pics ASLONG as it is not on the same page as the pics.

otherwise it make no difference on load times if u already saw the other pic - just means some more scrolling,- good finger excercise.

look on the page before this one :rolleyes: ( page 110)

IMG_0635.jpg

The 'twins' arrived today. Here are some pics.
GTpic1.jpg

GTpic2.jpg

7800GT--011.jpg

GTpic3.jpg

Installed these two BFG 7800GT OC's (from the Dell deal weeks back)
MSI Neo4 with a 4400+, and 2 Gb of ram. See sig for full rig details.
Ahhh, now I can enjoy HL2.

Here they are. Waiting for my FX-57 to come. Will be here in a few days.

2 x XFX 7800GTX's + AMD FX-57 = Ownage. :D

GTXx2.JPG

Not unless his FX-55 is already maxed out and he wants more (which, in the name of [H], I hope is the case :p )

EVGAACS.jpg

Shuttle SB83G5: P4 3.4 EE, 7800GTX, 2GB Corsair XMS, 160GB Samsung SATA, NEC DVDRW, X-Fi, Dell 2005FPW, Logitech 5500D, Shuttle Mesh case cover, Shuttle PN18 Wireless adapter, Shuttle PC50 300W PSU

TSS Modder said:
watcha gonna do w/ that FX-55? ;)
Going to put it up for sale. I just want it cause it's the "Newest" thing out there. Yah, I know I really don't NEED it,but what the hell, you only live once. :)

dworley said:
EVGAACS.jpg

Shuttle SB83G5: P4 3.4 EE, 7800GTX, 2GB Corsair XMS, 160GB Samsung SATA, NEC DVDRW, X-Fi, Dell 2005FPW, Logitech 5500D, Shuttle Mesh case cover, Shuttle PN18 Wireless adapter, Shuttle PC50 300W PSU

What power supply are you useing?

If u read more careful u can see that he wrote: Shuttle PC50 300W PSU.
PSU = PowerSupply btw if u didnt know. :p

[em]HEAT said:
Here they are. Waiting for my FX-57 to come. Will be here in a few days.

2 x XFX 7800GTX's + AMD FX-57 = Ownage. :D

http://www.extrememalice.com/forums/

Yeah ownage for the next month or so and there will be something like say 8000s or 8600 or blah blah blah, sure you will go buy those too, have fun in the race for....

Is it really necessary to complain because someone is getting the newest hardware? Honestly, you don't have to rain on someone else's parade because they're getting nice stuff.

[em]HEAT - We demand pics and benchmarks once you get the goods. Let's see some broken records in the 3DMark05 thread :D

ive noticed R!P13y tends to have an extremely large mouth... take no notice to him. hes all bark and no bite.

Mr. K6 said:
Is it really necessary to complain because someone is getting the newest hardware? Honestly, you don't have to rain on someone else's parade because they're getting nice stuff.

[em]HEAT - We demand pics and benchmarks once you get the goods. Let's see some broken records in the 3DMark05 thread :D

Will do.

Looks good, be aware that having that 120mm so far inside the case and being used as an intake will suck alot of dust into the case, unless, of course, you weren't going to filter it in the first place :p

Mr. K6 said:
Looks good, be aware that having that 120mm so far inside the case and being used as an intake will suck alot of dust into the case, unless, of course, you weren't going to filter it in the first place :p

dont worry hehe, i do have a filter and im a neat freak when it comes to dust. :)

Here's my recently purchased eVGA 7800GT in the package.

Here are a few images for size reference.

In my cheapo case, on my DFI Lanparty UT SLI-DR. Sucker is almost as big as my mobo.

It covers the NB chip entirely, but no problems with performance so far.

Here you can see it looks like it covers (2) sata ports (SATA 3 and 4). It does NOT cover these ports. Just another view of the NB.

How'd I do?

looks like you built yer self a computer there, bud. :D *golf clap*

heh... seriously tho... nice work... Those GTs are cheaper than some 6800 Ultras and faster than them also. lol

Also, I can't help but to notice the missing voltage regulator on the GT version of the 7800 series... wow.. and no sink for it either (MOSFET sink)... I had bet that hinders OCability.

revenant said:
looks like you built yer self a computer there, bud. :D *golf clap*

heh... seriously tho... nice work... :)
Major DYI upgrade. Come to think of it, at this point the only think I've kept from my original iBuypower system is the crappy case, floppy drive, Win2K, and internal media card reader.

revenant said:
Also, I can't help but to notice the missing voltage regulator on the GT version of the 7800 series... wow.. and no sink for it either (MOSFET sink)... I had bet that hinders OCability.
Haven't tried OCing the video card yet. No need to, my RAM isn't big enough to let me run BF2 any higher than 800x600 anyway. Once I upgrade that (again) I'll let you know. It's stock OC'ed at 445mhz anyway. No complaints.

Good call.. in all reality, unless you're a benchie hoar, no real need to OC those cards man... they're very fast @ stock...

revenant said:
Good call.. in all reality, unless you're a benchie hoar, no real need to OC those cards man... they're very fast @ stock...
Yeah, my monitor really won't be gameable at anything higher than 1280x1024 either, so still I wouldn't have any need to OC it. But then again, I may not be a benchie whore, but I'm definitely a benchie slut.

yes its a slot fan, i have a wireless card there right on top of it to keep my wireless card cool ;)

Hey i know this card is not high end anymore since the 7800GTX is out and R520 coming out this month (hopefully damn ati) but anyway here is another pic of my card (cleaning cat hair off air intake :mad: ).

the gamer said:
Hey i know this card is not high end anymore since the 7800GTX is out and R520 coming out this month (hopefully damn ati) but anyway here is another pic of my card (cleaning cat hair off air intake :mad: ).

damn, that fan is pretty dusty. must be a PITA to clean with it in there completely.

Back