The New, (now) official, Show off Your Video Card Thread

Recently upgraded my PC (new mobo / cpu / ram / videocard / case / detailed specs in sig below) it's my first AMD rig and must say it blows my previous P4 2.8C @ 3.3ghz away in basically every category :)

Only running one 7800GTX at the moment but its doing a damn good job on its own, I'm sure ill get another for SLI in the near future. I didn't think I'd see FEAR running this good any time soon.

new_videocard-rs.jpg

new_cpu_rs.jpg
:D

Antec1050B.jpg

I ran 3dmark 2001SE for kicks and scored 29,600 with nothing overclocked & 94,300 in Aquamark.

mathesar said:
I ran 3dmark 2001SE for kicks and scored 29,600 with nothing overclocked & 94,300 in Aquamark.

thats only double what my POS 9700pro scored... wtf?

elite.mafia said:
thats only double what my POS 9700pro scored... wtf?

Who knows I was just curious and they're both really old benchmarks ,they dont even take advantage of dual core cpu's, Perhaps you should compare a 9700 Pro's performance in FEAR to these results:

I had FEAR set on default "High" on both Computer & Graphics in the menu. Can't imagine what SLI will add to that ;)

rig as shown in sig.

Asus A8N SLI-Premium, Picture showing heatpipe cooling chipset and space between the two PCI-E slots.

Leadtek WinFast PX7800GTX Extreme. Gotta love that huge cooler. idles my card at 40° That is in Singapore without air-con on! :D

Another look at the GTX

The dual-slot cooling solution

After installation, you can have an idea about the space between two PCI-E cards

Unfortunately, the first set of mem I bought has some error on it. Causing artifacts on the windows installation screen. I thought it were the video card back then. But it turned out to be the memory...

Look at the number of errors I have during Memtest.... :eek:

Finally, my case. Love that big turbine engine look on this thing...

what kind of cooler it that on your video card? man i want something like that on my 6800gt sli...

Heres mine.

imgp17962ym.jpg

An ordinary PC for gaming. Nothing special really, definitely can't compete with you guys!

TWsuperG said:
what kind of cooler it that on your video card? man i want something like that on my 6800gt sli...

Nice, isn't it. :) That is the stock cooler for the Leadtek 7800GTX Extreme. The cooler was also used on Quadro FX 4500 cards. It looks like the Arctic Cooling one as they both exhaust the heat outside the box. But the heatsink is much bigger and heavier. From the pic, you can see that most of it is made of Al, actually, what makes contact with the GPU is a piece of copper.

Carbon_Le said:
Isnt that the dfi ati crossfire board? how are you running two gtx? and where's the SLi bridge connector?

No, that's the new "Expert" revision of the DFI NForce4 SLi-DR, based on the design of the ATi board. I personally like the memory configuration on the old SLi-DR better myself, but maybe the new board performs better.

nah im liking the expert myself mane. thing is i loved the horizontal layout of the DR, neo2, etc.... cuz the old style really sucked to me. so at first when it went vertical again, i was like, argh, butthen when i took closer looks at the expert i was happy with it again. the heat rises right off and to exhaust. thats good.

Two oldies here..

First up, an ATI Rage II:
IMG_2026.jpg

Second, an ATI Rage Pro :p :
IMG_2025.jpg

And of course I can't forget my collection of assorted CPU's:
IMG_2027.jpg

pzGrenadier said:
rig as shown in sig.

After installation, you can have an idea about the space between two PCI-E cards

what's that cable connect just below the video card and why is it connect to another of the same cable further down?

have a look at this baby :D
XFX 7800GT special edition. :D
Pics resized for narrowband users :)
10yx.jpg

20wa.jpg

35ma.jpg

50mc.jpg

I know i know. My wire managemnt skills are 0. But what the hell. i dont give a damn :p

25fx.jpg

Here's my slightly modded Leadtek 6800GT AGP card. Since it comes with a nice big heatsink but only a crappy fan, I thought I should do something about it :D

So I removed the stock fan, drilled some holes in the plastic cover and attached a 60mm Delta fan. This was off an old Socket A cooler and it is LOUD!! So since I had a spare fan mate I stuck it on the back and hooked it up to the Delta.

When in windows at full RPM it cools the GPU down to 43C. At the lowest setting it stays at 50C (which I keep it at when not playing games as it is very quiet). When playing any game with it overclocked to 425/1150 it will go no higher then 50C at full RPM. The noise doesn't bother me when playing because I always use headphones.

Anyway, here are the pics:

6800gt17hu.jpg

6800gt27rr.jpg

funkymonkey said:
have a look at this baby :D
XFX 7800GT special edition. :D
Pics resized for narrowband users :)
10yx.jpg

20wa.jpg

Fucking sweet, finally a reason to buy a 7800 series- NOT green PCB's!!!!!!!!!!!11

nice blue pcb... that rocks. :) My last three cards were red, blue, red... now I have green. :rolleyes: Oh well... they perform nicely :) This is a shot just prior to filling the loop after the initial install of these GTXs.
gtx-loop3.JPG

whoops. the DD is not facing the right way... but who the hell cares. and, it looks a lot like the DareDevil *cough* logo also. heh... those are the new swiftech ramsinks... very nice sinks! :) the thermal tape they come with is actually pretty good. I was shocked... and happy because my AS epoxy had dried up in the tubes. lol.

What the heck, Ive had these awhile, but here is some shots.

SLI-1.jpg

SLI-4.jpg

SLI-7.jpg

[CoF] ATOMIC, does that blower help? Ive got one as well, and my bottom card runs a lot hotter than my top card. Stock cooling vs. AC Silencer. I cant fit a Silencer on the bottom.. :(

My KO's run 43c for bottom and 54c for top. The Zalman blowing acros is good for a 7c temp drop advantange, and reducee max temp on top card by almost 10c Of course the lian li lends itself to this type of config, being upside down and a perferated case

My gf4 Ti4200, still using it but going to upgrade to a PCI-E setup soon with a 7800GT.

I put "custom" aluminum ram sinks on lol, they are ghetto, made them myself and used thermal epoxy but they work well. I colored them blue with a marker :p

Also some pics of my old box collection, I used to horde them as they look so nice but they are all gone now.

DSC00297.JPG

DSC00299.JPG

DSC00349.JPG

Back