The New EVE: Apocrypha

Atech

2[H]4U
Thats a pretty standard fit, I'd go with a Sheild Recharger over the 3rd LSE however. Remember your tank is more about the amount of passive regen you can maintain over the amount of sheilds you have.

I just tried doing that in EFT...gave me less shield..and less shield recharge?
You did notice the 3 Purger Rigs?(Shield Recharge -25% Signature + 5%)
And that I have fitted 3 LSE, not just 3 MSE?

I simply cannot see the benfit of this...what am I missing?
(besides at lot of lost "Effective Hitpoints")

So far as ship naming goes... I normaly pick a noob in system and name my ship xxxx's reaper or some such. Otherwise I will name it something obcene enough that enemy scouts will hesitate to say the name outloud on vent.
Like that last part..I don't think anyone would be *bleep* enough to mistake my Drake for an Ibis...but you never know ;) *L*

MrGoat

[H]ard|Gawd
I dont have EFT in front of me .. whats it do to Defense rating? Thats the number you want to be looking at for a mission ship. Unless they have seriously tweaked sheild regen in the past two months it should still be better to give up some ehp for the rechargers.

mashie

Mawd Gawd
I dont have EFT in front of me .. whats it do to Defense rating? Thats the number you want to be looking at for a mission ship. Unless they have seriously tweaked sheild regen in the past two months it should still be better to give up some ehp for the rechargers.
For passive tanks it's shield amount + resists in the mids, nothing else.
Then Shield Power Relays and BCU's in the lows.
Purgers in the rig slots.

I'm not sure what the intended use is for shield rechargers unless you can't fit the above due to PG/CPU.

Atech

2[H]4U

(At current skills)

Invulnerability Field II
Invulnerability Field II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Medium Core Defence Field Purger II

Defence = 353
Shield = 15346
EHP = 51564

Invulnerability Field II
Invulnerability Field II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Shield Recharger II

Defence = 333
Shield = 12327
EHP = 43528

That gives a total of:
Defence = -20
Shield = -3019
EHP = -8063

I think I will keep the 3xLSE, but thanks for the input...you never know when you are/have missed something ;)

MrGoat

[H]ard|Gawd
Apparently I'm out of date. I think It used to be that the SRs gave more regen than stacking the lse's did. Ether way.. its good to see you took the time to run the numbers and find the fit that works best for you :cool:

Atech

2[H]4U
Apparently I'm out of date. I think It used to be that the SRs gave more regen than stacking the lse's did. Ether way.. its good to see you took the time to run the numbers and find the fit that works best for you :cool:

Sometimes I fear I spend more time in EFT than in EVE itself :eek: *L*

It is just that there is so MUCH to learn, but I have the basics now...just need the supporting skills up to spec and I am ready to start pulling in some ISK.

I have been very planned in EVE.
Went from the "Ibis" to a Merlin, trained skills so it could do L1 missions, and all but the last mission in the Epic Arch.
Skipped Destroyers (focused on missiles and learning skills, Cadari Destroyer (Cormorant) is a rail-boat) and jumped to a Caracal, started doing L2 missions, with long breaks from the game and focused on getting my Learning skills up to max:
Learning
level5.gif
Analytical Mind
level5.gif
Clarity
level5.gif
Eidetic Memory
level5.gif
Empathy
level5.gif
Focus
level5.gif
Instant Recall
level5.gif
Iron Will
level5.gif
Learning
level5.gif
Logic
level5.gif
Presence
level5.gif
Spatial Awareness
Total Skillpoints in Group: 5.376.000
(As I have no plans of quitting this game, it will benefit me in the end)

Then I started on the last supporting skills for my Drake (that will benefit me in any ship) and soon they will be done to.

The it is just about pulling in the ISK to go for a Raven and as soon as my standing comes to +2.0 I am off to do some more Caldari COSMOS Mission.

Look at me...not even in my Drake yet..and already planning for a Raven :D

mashie

Mawd Gawd
You know, it's not enough charisma based skills in game to ever let you pay off the time wasted on presence lvl 5. :p

Not even after nearly 4 years have I maxed out all learning skills, and have no plan to do it.

MrGoat

[H]ard|Gawd
Both are great ships. The problem I found with the Raven was that active sheild skills are very different from passive ones. It will force you to very much focus on cap skills, and I had not done this yet when I started with this ship. Needless to say things were rough at first. For 3s especialy and some 4s I actualy like the drake better as the heavy missiles hit the small signature radius targets much better than the cruises do. Then again I never trained BS past 3 or cruise past 3... went to a nighthawk and never looked back.

Atech

2[H]4U
You know, it's not enough charisma based skills in game to ever let you pay off the time wasted on presence lvl 5. :p

I have them done now, no need to worry more about them...even if future skills should arise ;)

Not even after nearly 4 years have I maxed out all learning skills, and have no plan to do it.

I did most of them on the 2xSP bonus up to 1.6 million SP and while reading up about the game, ships, skills equipment ect. so I don't take them as a loss..but I find myself more and more traning skills to Level 5...in order to fit the gear I want...I guess I am picky ;) *L*

Atech

2[H]4U
Both are great ships. The problem I found with the Raven was that active sheild skills are very different from passive ones. It will force you to very much focus on cap skills, and I had not done this yet when I started with this ship. Needless to say things were rough at first. For 3s especialy and some 4s I actualy like the drake better as the heavy missiles hit the small signature radius targets much better than the cruises do. Then again I never trained BS past 3 or cruise past 3... went to a nighthawk and never looked back.

I know, but a good thing about Caracal -> Drake -> Raven is that you get trained a lot of skills that benefits not only those ships...but a multitude of ships.
I am looking forward to being able to make enough ISK to buy a GTC every month ...and thus game or free :D

eggrock

Supreme [H]ardness

Maybe use in a remap?

woot for Electronics Upgrades V and finally pulling my head out far enough to successfully run L4s! I ran 3-4, saw the isk generated and was like :D but then was like :rolleyes: I'm still running missions. :rolleyes:

But it'll get me to 0.0.

mashie

Mawd Gawd
Maybe use in a remap?
It doesn't matter if you remap, it's not magic. Each level of a learning skill give you 66SP/h if it is a primary attribute and 33SP/h if it is secondary (assuming learning 5 is done).

This means you will need 400d worth of primary attribute skills to make up for the time you lost training the skill from 4 to 5.

None of the adv learning skills take long with some +5 implants in. ~13 days with poor stats which is a drop in the bucket. Plus they help having them at lvl5 when you do loose said implants and you're stuck out in 0.0 for long periods of time. :D

SAW

[H]ard|Gawd
Well Guys & Dolls......Last night, I went for it.

I am the proud owner of a brand spankin new Myrmidon.

I managed to fit it about 90% the way I had stated back a page. I started out with 51mil isk prior to buying the Myrmidon. By the time I bought what I needed, I was down to 5.42mil isk. I ran 2 L3 missions with noooooooo problems and now im back up to 18mil :) And now that I have made back some isk, I can buy the 2 250mm Protypes im missing from this fitting. I bought 4 and used 2 250mm Compressed guns I already had.

Im not thru tweaking this ship up yet either.....I went ahead and bought/used that Shield Recharger that was supposed to give 12% to the recharge rate. It was real cheap and I wanted to see on a first hand basis if it many any difference....significant difference.

It doesnt, heh. Wasted slot IMO.....for me anyways, so this will be getting reprocessed for sure.

The Optical Tracking Computer, from what I saw, didnt really give me any real significant change in much either. A few points here and there. Something better could be used im sure. Already checking out how a 3rd Cap Rec II looks.

Looks like I get to do some shopping later, hehe.

Thuleman

Supreme [H]ardness
Neurotoxin recovery IV

Fuckin' druggie. ;)

What's worse is to have trained the booster skills to 4 or 5 and then joining an alliance which doesn't allow you to use them ..., doesn't apply to Mashie though.

mashie

Mawd Gawd
Weird. You're skilling clarity 5 @ 68 mil SP.

I just started training clarity 5 @ 92 =/

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Von_Kretschmer

Just an odd coincidence.
LOL, and you will beat me to it by 59 minutes. The reason I do clarity 5 right now is to match the attributes of my Achura at the next respec. Since I can't get the charisma base down to 3 I simply decided to get two of the advanced learning skills up to 5 instead.

I wouldn't mind your gunnery skills btw.

squishy

[H]ard|Gawd
:) Just need large beam spec.

Not really sure why I started training clarity, a little OCD maybe. It'll take Gal Carrier/Dread 5 and a couple more gunnery specs to actually make up the time, but for 10 days I said ahh what the hell. \o/

Probably going to re-spec in 6 months or so and spend a year doing int/mem. We'll see.

Dangman

Ninja Editor SuperMod
It doesnt, heh. Wasted slot IMO.....for me anyways, so this will be getting reprocessed for sure.

The Optical Tracking Computer, from what I saw, didnt really give me any real significant change in much either. A few points here and there. Something better could be used im sure. Already checking out how a 3rd Cap Rec II looks.

Well now you know :)

eggrock

Supreme [H]ardness
CVA hax?

[edit] The drama in EVE is unreal. I thought CCP would've fixed corp hax after BoB but it doesn't appear to be so--or else people are falling for a brilliant troll.

I'm not quite sure why I lol'd at this one, either.

WhileUwereOut.jpg

eggrock

Supreme [H]ardness
If you don't know--and the more experienced can flesh this out:

CVA (Curatores Veriatatis Alliance) is an roleplaying corp (Amarr-slavers?) that managed to keep an NRDS (not red, don't shoot) policy in 0.0 for a hell of a long time, which drew a lot of carebears to 0.0 for ratting or missioning (or whatever that area of 0.0 is good for.) The owner(?) or some char that's been around since 2003 is vehemently opposed to Dominion sov change proposals as well.

People are saying it's closed--I can't get to E-O from work either but I'll bet it's a good read. Some 40-odd outposts or pos's or whatever would be open for conquest--dunno how all that works but I'm guessing it's like BoB and anyone can get sov and take the stations. Not sure about that.

WTF is with corp security anyways.

[edit] If this is true it's as big as BoB--I'd love to find a history of that whole drama. Then again, I read somewhere that most of the former BoB allies are joined together. If this is a BoB takeover of CVA space it would be epic--or if the Goons managed a repeat, but that opened the door for everyone so who knows.

Thuleman

Supreme [H]ardness
CVA isn't going anywhere. The alliance name and tag was lost, I don't expect CCP to do anything about that.

However, the corps are still there, as are the assets. Between the CVA corps, the blues, the Citadel with approximately 28,000 members (yes, most of them are not hardcore combat pilots), and our frenemies I don't expect that much will change other than we will get a new alliance name.

The Sov drop is unfortunate, but not that big of a deal as heavy production was moved out of Provi in anticipation of Dominion anyway. There may be some station ping-pong in the coming days but other than that Providence is business as usual.

I would not be surprised if more reds were to line up and offer to give Provi a hand should it be needed.

Last edited:

oldpablo

Supreme [H]ardness
If you ask you could probably get the Band of Brothers alliance name from Karttoon.

Thuleman

Supreme [H]ardness
That would be totally hilarious, though I am sure CVA leadership won't go for that. It would be soo funny though.

eggrock

Supreme [H]ardness
I would not be surprised if more reds were to line up and offer to give Provi a hand should it be needed.

There appears to be a ton of support for CVA (eve-search isn't blocked, MUAHAHA).

Everyone thought the wait for Dominion would be boring.

[RP]Slaver scum are slaver scum[/RP] but it sounds like a CVA of some sort adds a lot to the game.

Dangman

Ninja Editor SuperMod
Yeah this day is certainly interesting. Been running around in fleets against AAA and UK fleets. A ton of activity for a weekday.

Thuleman

Supreme [H]ardness
I think the difference between BoB and CVA is that CVA has a good thing going. The membership is motivated and hasn't been fighting a war of attrition. In our current alliance chat replacement you see nothing but "I am doing [this] to help with tomorrow" and "I am ready with that, what else can I do". People are going to call in sick from work/school tomorrow when sov drops just to be there. CVA may not have 27 Titans but currently the members are highly motivated. I think with BoB the disband was just the nail in the coffin and an easy way out to not have to continue a tedious and expensive war.

There's also a lot of support pouring in from unexpected sources:

[21:44:53] The PitBoss > anyway ... have someone contact me if you need any war decs to help stabilize things on the front ... on our dime of course
[21:46:43] The PitBoss > you guys contribute alot to the game ... and we have good times with the war decs ... hollar if you need anything

That's the guy in charge of the Privateer Alliance offering support in earnest.

The thing is, CVA didn't make 90% of EVE hate it like BoB did. You could be sure that if you take a gang to Providence, you will have a good time, and if you stay too long you will be Provi-Blobbed. ;) CVA is not expansionist like many other alliances, so all in all CVA didn't make any real enemies outside of having red standings in game.

If whoever reads this wants to get in touch with CVA leadership, the in-game channel is: cva-diplo
Obviously things are a bit hectic now, but there are folks monitoring the channel.

EDIT: Red forces willing to temporarily join Providence MUST talk to a sanctioned diplo in the in-game channel 'cva-diplo' before proceeding to the assigned operational area.

Last edited:

Thuleman

Supreme [H]ardness
channel for reds is 'Long Live CVA'

lonewolfnight said:
Welcome to the cva intel channel. We've set this up this channel for all "reds" to CVA who wish to support CVA in these challenging times. We thank you and will notify people here of situations. We are appreciative to all of you who respect the nature of this situation. <br><br>-Lonewolfnight CVA Exec

SAW

[H]ard|Gawd
Wow!!! Im stumped. I mean, if ever there was a purpose for the phrase "I cant get my head wrapped around that", its EVE.

Ive been doing some reading and research into the new Dominion expansion. I have got to say, this game is definately DEEEPPP.

Making new ship fittings, mining, doing missions....basically, to a new player with less than 1 year under his belt (and yeah, IMO, if played for less than a year, your still a newb, thats how deep this game is), all this "stuff" we can do is pretty much MEH to those who transverse the depths of 0.0 space. By that, I dont mean you just poke your head in nullsec once and while and check prices...Im talkin about the people who live there and do their daily thing all day, everyday INSIDE of 0.0.

Its as if EVE is actually several games within one with the main objective of the game to advance far enough into New Eden that you and friends get together and create new parts of the game, ever evolving.

Within the articles I read about Dominion, they were bouncing words off left and right that I had never heard uttered before. Before I could finish a single page talkin about Dominion, I had to click the links and look up other things they were talkin about.

Sovereignty? Honestly, I didnt know what they were talkin about. WTH is this they're talkin bout? Soo, more reading....more links...more reading. The more I read, the more "HOLY SHIT" factor I got about how deep EVE really....REALLY is.

It might be odd maybe, that I didnt know...All I can say is that my thoughts were, anything .4 and under can stay over there, I'll stay over here (in High-sec). Main focus was, "How to make an income". If it didnt have something to do with that topic or exploration, it was merely skimmed through, if read at all.

After doing some of that reading I was talkin about...I can understand the conflicts (to a degree anyways) that Dominion may have on the way of life for those in 0.0.

However, as someone who has not been to nullsec, being a part of a team that earns its way to grabbing a niche of space for themselves seems very appealing to me. And from what Ive been reading, its not just wayyyy incredibly, vastly expensive, its not something that is done these days, to put it mildly. Seems now, you have to have extensive resources to keep things going which come from moons and then, from what I read, moons which have good resources to give are already conquered. But of course, that being said from someone on the outside looking in.

As said before a few times already....Dominion is going to have some bumps to travel over, for sure. I can, to a point, kinda seeing a slight trend here with Corps. breaking up. Assets can be managed better if divided into groups. This might be what is going on, maybe. CVA im sure wont be the last one we hear about.

From my point of view, Dominion seems like a cool idea and I look forward to it. On the other hand though, I can totally understand those who have established themselves in 0.0 space. It took a LOT of time and quite the shit load of ISK to get to where they are at now.....being a bit upset and concearned about the Dominion release.....Dont blame ya a bit.

Thuleman

Supreme [H]ardness
CVA is back, the name was returned and the sov levels didn't drop. What a day...

eggrock

Supreme [H]ardness
Good that CCP reversed the hax. Espionage is one thing but metagame exploiting sucks.

SAW said:

I'm headed to 0.0 with modest skills (no capital skills), isk and equipment, into an area that will probably be bitterly contested on D-Day by massive capital fleets. Should be fun. ;)

I've always heard a lot of "0.0 is the real EVE" comments. I'm looking forward to it.

If you get a few hours to read, check out the blog from Innominate Nightmare, circa 2006. Few tech details but it's a fun read about how people interact in 0.0. (The not-so-fun bit is reading a blog from oldest to newest. :rolleyes:)

CCP really needs to fix the one-click disband.

Glad to see CVA is back and sov restored. Now we can get back to shooting at you like always. :D